Iguazzu Falls Questions - Help Please

BCHappyGal

Has anyone out there gone to Iguazzu Falls?

We have 3 days in Buenos Aires before our flight home!

Should we take a 1 day tour of Buenos Aires and the next day fly to Iguazzu Falls for 1 night or just spend all 3 days exploring Buenos Aires?

Has anyone gone to Iguazzu Falls without getting the yellow fever vaccination shot?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Ann

You MUST go! It is an absolutely spectacular site. I would suggest you book on the Argentina side. Enjoy the falls from that perspective in the afternoon. And then book a guide to take you to the other sice the next morning. Also, either book a zodiac trip or a helicopter trip or both. We did all three and never regretted it for a moment. It is a world class experience. You will kick yourself if you set as close as BA and don't go.

Patrick

Yes the falls are wonderful. Do take the trip Stay at the Sheraton there in the National park. One night there. It is worth it. Do the B.A tour one day.

When getting off the ship in Buenos Aires, be careful of a tour agency known as Patagonia tours.

I suspect that one of the agents named Gustavo is a front for a setup to have anything you have of value lifted by and expert on the run thief. I think the drivers and guides may also be in on it. Be warned.

I would not miss Iguassu for anything. There is NOTHING in Buenos Aires that compete for one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. It is a highlight of my travels.

While not required to get yellow fever (unless you have been to an endemic area on this trip), it is recommended as it is in this area (as is dengue fever) so not only get immunized, but wear mosquito repellant and long pants and long sleeved shirts.

I would recommend staying at the Hotel Tropical das Cataratas on the Brazilian side...it is the old classic hotel, with wonderful service and a glorious view of the Argentina side from the terrace. Don't miss the buffet dinner with Brazilian barbecue and live music (it was $11 USD when I was there in 2002). It is at the start of the trails on the Brazilian side, and you can take the park shuttle from there to where you get the boat trips that go under the falls. It is the only hotel inside the National Park on the Brazilian side. On the Argentinan side you are closer to the falls, but the views are better on the Brazilian side.

Members of our group who booked through http://www.southstartours.com instead of through the ship saved several hundreds of dollars each on this trip.

Has anyone out there gone to Iguazzu Falls?

We have 3 days in Buenos Aires before our flight home!

Should we take a 1 day tour of Buenos Aires and the next day fly to Iguazzu Falls for 1 night or just spend all 3 days exploring Buenos Aires?

Has anyone gone to Iguazzu Falls without getting the yellow fever vaccination shot?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Ann

You don't need the Yellow fever shot for Argentina. You could need it for Brazil. From the Argentina side you will experience the falls up close. From the Brazil side you will get a better view I am told. You will need a Brazilian visa to go from the Argentina side to the Brazilian side. That is what I was told, but I didn' pay much attendtion since I wouldn't be going. Some people took the boat ride and did get soaking wet. The view even from the Argentina side is magnificent and should not be missed. You have the upper and the lower levels to keep you busy. That hotel was wonderful. I would recommend the trip. Those that did the Brazil side didn't come back raving about anything better than the Argentina side.

Archived