Concierge class or family cabin?

bgoldca

We're trying to decide whether to book a CC room or a family cabin. CC is great - we've stayed in a CC cabin in the past and loved it, but that was when we were two - now there are three of us and the CC rooms seem too small to contain a rambunctious 3-year old. Celebrity has removed the 5-person restriction for the carribean cruise we're looking at so that's not an issue. The family cabin is $500 more and lacks the CC amenities, but it's SO MUCH BIGGER! Has anyone stayed in both? What would you recommend?

7202 on the Millie Class, we've had that cabin on 3 different ships... Infinity, the Connie and the Summit ... It's amazing...

We are trying out the FC Oceanview on the Galaxy in December on the TA...

I'll take the space and that balcony any day!!

Carlene

We're trying to decide whether to book a CC room or a family cabin. CC is great - we've stayed in a CC cabin in the past and loved it, but that was when we were two - now there are three of us and the CC rooms seem too small to contain a rambunctious 3-year old. Celebrity has removed the 5-person restriction for the carribean cruise we're looking at so that's not an issue. The family cabin is $500 more and lacks the CC amenities, but it's SO MUCH BIGGER! Has anyone stayed in both? What would you recommend?

We have been in 9201 Aft Infinity Friends in Family cabin,

this time we are in FOV 7201 for the extra room and ensure an aft Cabin

David

Hi bgoldca. We have stayed in both cabins. My wife and I have been lucky enough to always snag an aft CC cabin in the past but the last time we sailed this past March my sister was coming along. We originally had another aft CC cabin booked but Celebrity eventually dropped the requirement for # of people on a FV and one became available so we changed to it.

We thought we would miss the CC amenities but we really didn't. In fact, the cabin steward used the same towels and mats in the bathrooms that are used in the CC cabins and after day two he put fresh flowers in our cabin. We thought that was a very nice touch.

Also the size of the cabin made a very big difference. It is wider and longer then the CC cabin and is made up of two rooms with a divider between them. We had the FV on the end which had an enormous verandah.

Since we enjoyed it so much we chose another FV for our upcoming Hawaii cruise in September on Summit.

I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Dan

Archived