Barcelona football game

Has anyone ever gone to a football game in Barcelona? We've got 5 days precruise in Barcelona, and husband is a soccer fanatic. Was looking into going to see a game at Camp Nou. We can either just buy the tickets online, or buy a package that has transportation on a bus to and from the stadium as well as the tickets. We're staying at a hotel on Las Ramblas, and the pickup and drop off are right nearby. Should we get the tickets with the transfers? It looks pretty easy to get to the stadium via public transport on our own, but knowing how crazy busy it can be on the T to try to get to a Red Sox game, maybe we ought to take the guaranteed transport. Anybody have any advice, particularly any Barcelona natives?

Thanks

Gerri

No football when we were in town but we did do a tour of the stadium and it was definitly one of the highlights of our trip. You can see everything including the locker rooms, press room, press box, VIP areas and you can walk on the sideline at the stadium. Fantastic, do not miss it! I am not really that big of a football fan and I thought it was fantastic! Don't miss taking your picture with one of the players (card board life like cut-out) on the field.

I would take the transfer to the stadium. On match days, traffic is awfull and a taxi is not advisable. In case you not take the bus transfer, I would take the subway; the stadium is nor far from subway stations and to arrive you have only to follow people. In any case, the subway will be crowded.

Archived