Connecting Rooms

Paka

We are sailing on the Infinity on October 14th and have cabin #8111. (pictures or opinions) It has a connecting room. Has anyone ever had that cabin and is there any problems having a connecting door....noise, etc??

We are so excited...

We have had a cabin with a connecting door ... not on the Infinity, which might be o.k.

We will never take this chance again. Voices could be heard next door, almost to the point where they could be understood. We crept about our cabin and kept our voices down throughout the entire voyage ... not a comfortable situation.

Has anyone been on Infinity with the connecting doors? I hope I am not going to be sorry that I booked this cabin? I was just wanting to be close to the center, and this one came available.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

It will depend on your neighbours how little or how much noise they make and how early or how late.....

We have had bad experiences in hotels, so we never take the risk anymore, be it on a ship or hotel.....

We had cabin 7191 with a connecting door on Summit a few years ago and I agree, I will try not to book a cabin with connecting door again. It wasn't that bad, but when our neighbours were in their cabin, we could hear them and especially their television! I guess it does depend how much time you'll be spending in your room and what your neighbours are like!! If it was me, I would try to change my booking...

Connecting doors transmit more noise then if it were not there. As a travel agent I never knowingly book clients into connecting rooms unless they request it or it is the only thing left. Even then I tell them. Same thing with cabins under the pool deck.

We are sailing on the Infinity on October 14th and have cabin #8111. (pictures or opinions) It has a connecting room. Has anyone ever had that cabin and is there any problems having a connecting door....noise, etc??

We are so excited...

We were on the Summit with a CC cabin with connecting doors. Big mistake....Huge!

We did complain to the Hotel Manager (whom we met at the CC party). He had his chest out like a proud peacock when he found out that it was our 1st cruise with Celebrity. But it deflated when I told him that 2 other cruiselines had better cabins as far as noise went. Anyway long story short, he said he would look into it. When we returned to our cabin we were hysterical laughing because they had put masking tape (not to be confused with Duct tape :rolleyes: ) all around the door. SURPRISINGLY though it actually cut out about 90% of the noise.

We really didn't have rowdy neighbors....just happy very early risers :eek:

Good luck.

Archived