Millie 6135 vs 9114

DAJ

Need your opinion. We presently have 9114 and 9116 booked on the Millie (traveling with son and dil). We have no issues with the overhang and actually like the shade for the Carib. In checking prices today I saw that 6135 (tucked between the Royals on Penthouse deck) was available. We don't need to be next door to the kids.... the size of the balcony looks huge.... have always been on deck 8 or 9.... will we just be the b...d stepchildren of the suites.... shud we make the switch.... waddya think???

We are traveling to Alaska next Aug on the Millenium. We are part of a group of many. I did some CC research on cabins and I have been told that that cabin is the start of what they call the "Sweet Sixteen". The balconey is larger starting with that cabin and working forward. We have booked cabins along that row. Look for "Sweet Sixteen" posts to help make your decision.

Never book deck 9, Sky deck as you have the over hang from above which blocks your sun IMHO.

But #6135 is NOT one of the 'sweet 16s' - they are the 2Cs #6016 thru #6030 [and their mirrors] only. Despite this I would still go for #6135 over Sky deck any day!

6135, 6136, 6143 and 6144 have really wonderful teak floored balconies that are large enough to have 2 chairs and 2 loungers plus a table that can be used for dining. CC perk of a different breakfast menu comes into action at this point.There is a canvas cover over perhaps 2/3rds of the balcony so it is possible to be protected from the sun and rain. The low density of fellow passengers in this part of the ship is also a consideration. I especially like 43,44 because they are perhaps 8 inches wider than a standard CC while 35,36 have interior doors to the adjoining RS but found no noise problem, just a layout/furniture difference. I try to book these any chance I get.:D

I loved 6143. The location is great and the balcony is awesome. I liked the fact that it is a wood floor versus that rough stuff they use on the other balconies. Ours had 2 padded chairs, 2 padded loungers and a large table. Take it!

I have also stayed in 2 deck 9 cabins and do like them because of the overhang. I don;t need the sun on my balcony, actually prefer the shade. But, the large balcony is too good to pass up!

enjoy,

Duane

Archived