Labadee shore excursions

Hi Everyone,:)

I was just on RCL's web site for Labadee shore excursions. I found it a little confusing with respect to the Sea Trek water park. It seems on the water slide you may use it all day but the Aqua park you may use it only one hour, and they are two seperate admissions right? Aren't they all in the same location:confused: It just doesn't seem to make sence to me. Are there other options on the island? Also, can you purchase the admission on the island or doy you have to do it at the shore excursions desk aboard the ship Thank you

Kaycee

In labadee you are buying water sports. The water slide is on the beach and you can use that all day. The other on water ssports tuff is limited to accomodate the 3000 people that will be there. It's just a lagoon on the end of Haiti and pretty much a BBQ and Beach day.

P.S. the island admission is free they will tender you to the island and the beach chairs are free just the water craft or rides on the water cost.

There are basically three different "excursions" (paid activities really) for the young (and the young at heart!).

The slide is on the beach and has an all-day price. We've done it twice, and it's a lot of fun. We had loungers near the bottom of the slide from where we watched the kids go up and down a million times!

The Arawak Aqua Park is in the water near the slide. You are allotted 50 minutes. This is a lot of fun too and is very strenuous. We've done this twice also, and 50 minutes really is enough. All participants must wear life jackets, which are provided, as the water is pretty deep and, as I said, the activities are strenuous.

Luc's Splash Bash is for youngsters (geisers, water guns, etc.). When we were there, the allotted time was supposed to be two hours. However, they told us the kids could come and go all day. Our kids only did this activity the first time we were at Labadee, as they were really getting too old for it (not that there's an age limit). The price used to be extremely reasonable, like $5 per person, but I have read on here that it is now free.

You can purchase these activites ahead of time or wait until you're on Labadee, as long as they're not fully booked. If you want a specific time for the Arawak Water Park, I'd book ahead of time. There are other excursions offered on Labadee as well (jet skis, etc.).

There are lots of photos of Labadee, and particularly of these activites, in my cruise reviews below.

We've been to Labadee, twice. Both times our daughter wanted to do the slide, but did not get to. The 1st time, we bought tickets, took the tram up to the location and were told it was not available. We did get a refund of the cost. This past July, it was not offered as an excursion. My DH and DD played at the Arawak Aqua Park. Neither thought it was worth the price. The Luc's Splash Bash is now free for unlimited time. However, it might be reserved for Adventure Ocean for a portion of the day. While we were there July 2007, it was reserved until 11:00. After that, it was open to the public.

I spoke with several people who did the "zip-line" excursion and loved it. We rented beach mats. Don't recommend this, as we barely used them (cost was $10 each mat) In fact, we left them in front of our beach loungers while we went to eat and DH had to get them back from the 2 women that decided to help themselves to them. It's my understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) if you want to move from one location to another, you either have to carry the mats with you or turn them in. Don't know if you'd be able to get another one. The views from Dragons Breath Point are worth the short walk over there. The first time we were in Labadee, there was a man there willing to take your picture for you for tips. You can also get someone to move a lounge chair for you, also for tips. DH got ours. There was plenty for everyone.

We had the best time just swimming in the ocean, as did most others, it seemed. There is a flea market, and the vendors can get on your nerves, quickly. You will need cash (US $) to make purchases in the market. Otherwise, the lunch is free, and alcohol drinks/water are purchased on your SeaPass, just like onboard the ship. I recommend the Labadoozy (the drink of the day).

My advice to anyone planning to do the zipline is to buy this excursion in advance - online.

They take small groups up to the deck - and five people zip across at once - but there is definitely a limited number of spots. Many people were disappointed once they got to Labadee and realized how much fun the zipline would be.

I know it's expensive but it was really a good ride and the view from the deck is fantastic.

I would do it again.

We've been to Labadee, twice. Both times our daughter wanted to do the slide, but did not get to. The 1st time, we bought tickets, took the tram up to the location and were told it was not available. We did get a refund of the cost. This past July, it was not offered as an excursion. My DH and DD played at the Arawak Aqua Park. Neither thought it was worth the price. The Luc's Splash Bash is now free for unlimited time. However, it might be reserved for Adventure Ocean for a portion of the day. While we were there July 2007, it was reserved until 11:00. After that, it was open to the public.

I spoke with several people who did the "zip-line" excursion and loved it. We rented beach mats. Don't recommend this, as we barely used them (cost was $10 each mat) In fact, we left them in front of our beach loungers while we went to eat and DH had to get them back from the 2 women that decided to help themselves to them. It's my understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) if you want to move from one location to another, you either have to carry the mats with you or turn them in. Don't know if you'd be able to get another one. The views from Dragons Breath Point are worth the short walk over there. The first time we were in Labadee, there was a man there willing to take your picture for you for tips. You can also get someone to move a lounge chair for you, also for tips. DH got ours. There was plenty for everyone.

We had the best time just swimming in the ocean, as did most others, it seemed. There is a flea market, and the vendors can get on your nerves, quickly. You will need cash (US $) to make purchases in the market. Otherwise, the lunch is free, and alcohol drinks/water are purchased on your SeaPass, just like onboard the ship. I recommend the Labadoozy (the drink of the day).

A great review of Labadee!!!:D The man was still there taking pics for a tip!! And YES...get the Labadoozie!!

Archived