Xtreme Cicumnav

snowbun3

Has anyone ever done this? DH and I are very interested, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We did it in January. Had a great time. I would do it again in a minute. However, I love being on the water and on a power boat. If you like a fast boat, the spray of the water... snorkling, nice lunch, great company... you would like it. I have some pics... they are on webshots. If I can figure out how to post my Antigua album on here, I will post it. Most of my pics from Antigua were taken on that tour.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559963877UqQowe?start=0

Most of the pics in this album were taken on the tour. Pardon some of the ones like the adult playpen one.... LOL My hubby took that. :rolleyes:

I didn't put captions on the pics yet to identify where they are exactly... I just learned how to upload them to webshots recently... all the scenery ones were taken on the tour except the rainbow... that was taken from our balcony.

We got back 2 weeks ago and took the Xtreme tour.It is worth every penny!!!!!

And I hate to say that , but that lunch on the private beach was much better then lunch on Liberty ( ha ha ha).

If you book thru their website you will get discount, $153 pp.

You will not be dissapointed.

Just one tip if you do go, the last stop will be on the beach, but you will have to jump in the water and swim very short distance to shore, I wish I had camera with me on that beach....... so bring something that you can put your camera in without it getting wet.

Your pics are great, Nancy. I added the video as an "addition to," not an "instead of." :D

No no no no.... that was totally my fault... I had a crappy day at work, came home and took everything the wrong way, said everything the wrong way... totally my issue. ( I need a new job). LOL

Have shown that u tube thing to many people. So, I truly didn't mean that the way it came out.

Nancy - if it makes you feel any better I'm at work right now and cannot view videos but I can look at pictures!!! Yay!!! I'm going to check yours out right now and see what this tour is all about. How many people are usually on it? How is the snorkeling?

We are leaving on the Destiny on the ninth. We have had our deposit for the Xtreme Circumnav for sometime now, but now money is a bit tighter than we thought it would be and as this is our last port of call, we really want to make sure this is really worth it. If say, it took away from some spending money on your vacation, would you say this excursion was worth the high price?

We are leaving on the Destiny on the ninth. We have had our deposit for the Xtreme Circumnav for sometime now, but now money is a bit tighter than we thought it would be and as this is our last port of call, we really want to make sure this is really worth it. If say, it took away from some spending money on your vacation, would you say this excursion was worth the high price?

Absolutely, definitely! However, the Eco-Tour is excellent, too, and less expensive.

Nancy - if it makes you feel any better I'm at work right now and cannot view videos but I can look at pictures!!! Yay!!! I'm going to check yours out right now and see what this tour is all about. How many people are usually on it? How is the snorkeling?

I can't remember how many people he took... but it was a small group. Maybe 12-20?

The snorkling was ok... the water was pretty rough in one of the spots so it was quite a work out. But, weather is something you can't plan. I love water, snorkling, boating, etc so I loved this tour. Plus, I also like to just chill and relax and let someone tell me about the Island... about what I am seeing... etc.

Ok - so....why was it worth it? What was the best part?

We cruise on a tight budget. I thought the tour was worth it because we had done the Eco tour already and wanted something a little more exciting. I would say that if you like power boats... sea spray... small goups... nice lunch... beautiful scenery... expert narration from people who have lived in Antigua most (or all) of their lives... swimming... good company... then it is worth it. But, those who have said that the Eco tour is less expensive and equally as fun are right. I loved both tours. And would do either one again in a minute. But, as I always say... I hate being cooped up in a tour bus... I would prefer to be on the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is all a matter of opinion and totally depends on what you really like to do.

Thanks Nancy - how many people go on the Xtreme? That's one thing DH and I don't like are crowds or big groups which generally turns us off of most tours.

I am not sure how many of us there were... not more than 15, I would guess. Crowds turn us off too. Which is why we chose Eli.

I don't claim to be unbiased - in fact, just the opposite. In 6 years, we've done one or the other of Eli's tours 5 times. The only reason it isn't 6 out of 6 is because that year we didn't get to Antigua - Empress wasn't going there that year. We pick our cruises with an eye to getting to Antigua and seeing Eli. Over the years we've had different crew members at times - and they've all been really nice, and taken very good care of us. We like the crew, we love the activities, we love spending the day out on the water, and we think Eli is a great guy. The lunch can't be beat. You never feel rushed, you're never in a crowd. We've been with anywhere from about 10-20 people. I think last year was the most crowded, a few over 20, but the boat is spacious - there's room for more, but they don't take more. Oh, did I mention, the guys are great, and the luch is delicious? :D Eli has a neighbor that homecooks them every day - he tells her how many passengers he's expecting, and she cooks it up. The Xtreme is the only non-ship excursion that goes to Stingray City, and I don't know anyone else who takes you over to the Pillars of Hercules. The speed boat is an absolute blast.

The Eco-Tour is the only tour that takes people to Hells Gate. And we've never been in a snorkel location or at a beach where there were people from other tours. The land the Eco Tour on the opposite side of the island from the other excursion cats, and you really feel like you're on your own deserted island.

Jodi

• 5 months later...
http://travel.webshots.com/album/559963877UqQowe?start=0

Most of the pics in this album were taken on the tour. Pardon some of the ones like the adult playpen one.... LOL My hubby took that. :rolleyes:

I didn't put captions on the pics yet to identify where they are exactly... I just learned how to upload them to webshots recently... all the scenery ones were taken on the tour except the rainbow... that was taken from our balcony.

Thanks for the pictures. I like when people post their pictures because I know I can get to the same place. With the commercial places, they probably had helicopters or special places to take them that I will have no access to. Thanks and they are great. I love seeing the blue water.

I am thinking about going in Feb. 2009

Linda

Archived