Visions or Voyager?

I want to take my mom on an RCI cruise in Feb of 2008. She went on a Carnival cruise a few years back and hated it. I want to give her a better cruise experience. We like Broadway type shows and some variety acts. Are these types of shows available on both the Vision of the Seas and the Voyager of the Seas ships?

I just can't decide between the Western Caribbean on Voyager or the Mexican Riviera on Visions. I need help deciding. :)

Thanks!

You'll have the same type of shows on either ship, and I think you'll have a great time either way. I've been on both within the past couple of years. Vision is more relaxed, and may be an older crowd. Voyager has more sports-oriented things like the skating rink and roller-blading area. It also has Johnny Rockets. Voyager is bigger, with the big promenade in the middle...kind of like a little mall. Vision has a huge open centrum in the middle.

There's also a difference between west coast and east coast. If you've already been to the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera is something different. Depending on when you go, it may be a bit cool on the first and last day, but you'll still have beautiful weather.

You can't go wrong either way, but I think the Mexican Riviera is a more relaxed trip and Voyager is more fast-paced.

If you want a better cruise experience than Carnival...try Celebrity...they may be better for your mom ( you didn't mention ages)...but Celebrity has the best service...RCLL is great...but she may like Celebrity better...a bit older crowd. And...if you are planning a Feb cruise...many schools are off a week in Feb & there will be more kids on an RCLL cruise. :)

We have been on both Vision and Voyager class ships and I love them both. I really like the Mex. Riviera cruise. The Vision is a smaller ship and easy to get around on. I though the shows were good.

Jan

Thanks so much for the responses. Still couldn't decide though, so I decided to let her pick. lol! I was thinking of making it a surprise, but since there were so many greats things about each, I let her make the decision.

My mom is a very young 58, so she likes a variety of ages. What she didn't like about her particular Carnival cruise, she said, was the almost around the clock loud, drunk people stumbling around the halls. Dunno. I've never been on a Carnival cruise--just 5 Disney cruises and one NCL.

alcheme--as it turns out, we will be on the Voyager Feb 3! :)

Thanks again!

I loved my first RCI cruise on Splendour of the Seas (Vision class), and will be on Adventure of the Seas with my kids in March (Voyager class). But my favorite ship was Jewel of the Seas (Radiance class). Radiance-class ships are very beautiful, and just the right size.

**Oops - I see you've already decided on Voyager, but keep a Radiance-class ship in mind for a future cruise.

Thanks so much for the responses. Still couldn't decide though, so I decided to let her pick. lol! I was thinking of making it a surprise, but since there were so many greats things about each, I let her make the decision.

My mom is a very young 58, so she likes a variety of ages. What she didn't like about her particular Carnival cruise, she said, was the almost around the clock loud, drunk people stumbling around the halls. Dunno. I've never been on a Carnival cruise--just 5 Disney cruises and one NCL.

alcheme--as it turns out, we will be on the Voyager Feb 3! :)

Thanks again!

Voyager is a great ship, she got us hooked on cruising. I'm betting this will turn out well for both of you.

Archived