New Orleans Hotel

ready4abreak

Last fall, I stayed at the Radisson on Veterans Blvd in Kenner, LA.

It was very conveniently located--although several miles from the port.

I was easy to navigate back to the port though.

Not sure about the shuttle/parking situation as the city was still in a major

recovery at that time and they did not offer the service then. They did say that they were planning to offer it in the future....would be worth giving them a call to see what they say.

Last time I checked there was no shuttle to the port, you had to catch a taxi from any of the hotels that offered free parking. You might check down on gulf ports thread, there were some suggestions down there.

Last time I checked they were working on that trolly thing too that had been disrupted, but it was supposed to be working by now I believe. Cant remember what it was called but it had not reached all the way out to the area where the hotels were that offered free parking. It would be handy to get to the french quarter.

There are a couple of cruisers who I am sure could provide lots of up to date info. Jetskier? are you around?? lol

We stayed this summer at Holiday Inn in the French Quarter on Royal Street. They do not have a free shuttle but do have free parking for the length of your cruise. I believe you have to ask for it ahead of time. If I remember correctly, the reservation has to be made by phone and you ask for it. I hope I am telling you right.

The Marriott Convention Center has a park and Cruise special for $199 and you valet park in a secure garage, it is very safe, but you'll need to take a cab to the port. Its very close to the port though. We drove our vehicle over and dropped off our bags, then came back, parked the car and took a cab to the port. It was so easy. Before Katrina we stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Superdome and at that time they had a cruise special but the garage was not secure and I liked the Marriott much better. The morning of our cruise I woke up about the time the sun was rising while everyone was still asleep and walked down to the Riverwalk to catch a glimpse of our ship. It was a great way to start the day.

• 1 month later...

Seems we are arriving in New Orleans earlier than originally planned.

Am now looking at this

Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center

$79.00-$139.00 (10% Commissionable with IATA number)

Based Upon Availability

Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet for all registered guests

Complimentary Shuttle Service to Cruise Terminal

Discounted Parking for $10.00 per vehicle per day

Not valid with other discounts. Rates are subject to state & local taxes.

Code: TAC

Phone: 1-866-311-1200

Has anyone stayed here before ?

Archived