Alaska Ship Question

MJShore

Is there a better side to the ship when cruising Alaska? Specifically the 7 night Hubbard Glacier roundtrip out of Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas.

Matt :)

I think and was told to get the starboard side when we went to Alaska out of Seattle. Reason was that you are doing the inside passage and closer to shore going and thats where the bulk of the scenery is. Coming back you are way farther out from shore so don't get to see anything. So you want to see it going. We had a balcony and the scenery was gorgeous. I want to do it again.

No. It doesn't matter. We had a port side stateroom and slept through the Inside Passage on the way up. If you are going on Serenade, you see everything from various parts of the ship. We saw it on the way back, there are lots of pine trees and small coastal towns. JMO , I don't think it makes a difference much on a round trip sailing. :)

Good Morning:

We just got back from our Alaskan cruise last Saturday on the Serenade of the Seas and it does not matter. It is the same view on the way up as it is on the way back.

Even at the Hubbard Glacier when the captain got within a 1000 ft of the glacier, he kept turning the ship from side to side so those who watched from their own balconies each had a perfect view.

We always get balcony rooms but for Alaska - it is really really worth it because you are always seeing whales, dolphins, sealions - heaven!

Enjoy - you will love it!!

Is there a better side to the ship when cruising Alaska? Specifically the 7 night Hubbard Glacier roundtrip out of Vancouver on Serenade of the Seas.

Matt :)

You know what, if you go to the little map that shows you the route you will be taking and each port your ship will stop at....you will see that your way closer to shore when your going. When your coming back your way further out from any land, so you really don't see anything. So, regardless of what anyone else tells you, look at the map and make your own decision. I still say, get on the starboard side.

Archived