How far is airport in Copenhagen?

der93711

Trying to plan our air flight from Copenhagen. How far is the dock from the airport? What kind of transportation is available there at the port?

Thank you,

Der:)

Distance from cruise ship dock to Airport is roughly around 20-25 min. Generally, it's not far. If you wanted to round up, allow 30 min., but it could be less, all depends upon traffic.

As for transportation, as usual, the cruise line should offer transportation in coaches. Other transportation is via taxi. If you choose taxi, you may wish to disembark the ship early enough to allow for time to wait for taxi as there may likely be other passengers competing for taxi.

Have fun!

FYI - they almost all take credit cards. Our trip from the furthest dock to the airport was 260 dk. The taxi queue was long but very efficiently done. We were docked with one of the large Princess ships, and our wait was less than 15 minutes.

Do I understand you to say, that you do not have to pre-reserve a taxi at this port? When we disembarked in Rome, we had to pre-reserve a taxi as the port was isolated and the drivers did not want to just "hope" they got a fare.

Thanks for the info.

Absolutely ......... there are numerous taxis, and the port officials (when you reach the head of the taxi line) will ask how many people will be travelling together, check how much luggage you have with you, and signal the appropriate size vehicle. It's all very efficient, and takes very little time. This dock is not 'remote' ...... it's just a bit further than the smaller one (which is very close to the city).

these boards are the greatest. Thank you all. Now I have to figure out how much 270 DKK is?

Der;)

At the current exchange rate is roughly $49... depending on which pier you're at, you can expect to pay about $45-$50 for the taxi ride

Thank you Jstducky. Now I have another question that I might have to post elsewhere too. We are trying to make airline reservations to fly home the same day we disembark. The flight is at 7:50 AM. Will I have to make arrangements for taxies etc in advance or do you think we could get lucky and have something waiting there for us. Does anyone know of a company that is in Copenhagen that services the pier to airport transportation?

Thanks

DER

Thank you Jstducky. We are trying to make airline reservations to fly home the same day we disembark. The flight is at 7:50 AM.

DER,

What time does your ship arrive? A 7:30 AM flight departure seems kind of early for departing on same day as disembarkation. Hopefully others can add their comments about this, and maybe I am wrong, but this seems unwise. Could you not spend the night in Copenhagen and depart at 7:30 AM next day?

We arrive the day before we disembark. We overnight on the ship the last night. I dont think Celelbrity will stop anyone from disembarking very early as the ship has already cleared customs etc the day before.

Thanks

Der

We arrive the day before we disembark. We overnight on the ship the last night. I dont think Celelbrity will stop anyone from disembarking very early as the ship has already cleared customs etc the day before.

Thanks

Der

ahhh.. you had me worried too. i was thinking that there was no way you could make it to the airport

i was going to say that you could just walk off and get a taxi. but if you arrive the day before, i'm not sure then how many taxis will be waiting for you at the pier when you get off the ship since the ship has just been sitting there at the pier. perhaps the taxi drivers won't know what time people are dismebarking and won't wait.

however, when i arrived at copenhagen. when we got off the ship at 6:50 pm, there were plenty of taxis waiting for us. we were at the airport and checked in and waiting at the gate by 8:00 am

however, if you have a 7:15 flight, you'll need to probably leave for the airport around 5:00 am or earlier. in that case, i suggest you make arrangements in advance to make sure you make it to the airport in plenty of time. CPH can be kind of a madhouse.

My flight home from Copenhagen isn't until 3:30 in the afternoon and the ship docks at 5:00 a.m. Does anyone know if Princess offers a city or canal tour where they take you and your luggage by bus on the tour and then take you to the airport? I've done this in other cities with other cruise lines and it all depends on if you have a flight later than a certain time. I figure my 3:30 is pretty late. The Princess site lists a city tour but doesn't give any details.

Archived