Suites on P and O

chyanmor

What do you get with a Suite? apart from a butler and dining room?? Are there any freebies? We have booked one for September but wanted to know if we needed to order any additional items such a bubbly champagne etc :)

I haven't had a suite but have had an aft minisuite on Oceana, which is next to the full suite. You will get champagne, chocolates and flowers in your cabin on arrival and I'm sure the Butler will be there with the chilled glasses and ice bucket. You also get canapes delivered to your cabin each evening about 5ish. Sitting out on your huge balcony with a glass of fizzy and some lovely canapes is fantastic. You will also get priority tendering at tender ports - this means when you want to go ashore by tender you do not have to wait until you are called you can go straight down to the tenders. You should also get copies of the next day menus delivered to you each evening.

Should you wish I believe you can choose from the restaurant menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have it served in your cabin or on your balcony by your butler. You are likely, but not definitely to get an invitation to the Captain's cocktail party - we have both times we've been in a minisuite. There are probably other perks but these are ones I know about. If you look on P&O's Cruise Connections site you will find postings listing all the long list of things the Butler will do. I know people have said that the Butler likes being used and will help in any way he can.

We have a suite on Arcadia next year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a great time.

Annie:)

Hi Annie,

We have a suite at the aft of Oceana for the Weekender in September. Thank you for letting us know about the addon's as we were looking at adding a few things as my parents will be with us on the cruise and staying just along from the suite in an outside stateroom.

We are booked on Ventura next year with a suite so will be interesting to compare the differences.

Huw

Hi Huw, hope you have a fantastic time. There will be loads of room for you and your parents on your huge balcony. If you are interested there is an American site which will give you a 360degree tour of your suite. It was there I first found what an aft mini looked like. Go to www.cruisesonly.com then click on Cruise Lines, then select Princess. Then from the list of Princess ships click on Dawn Princess (she's a sister ship to Oceana so same suite layout) then select Photos and Tours, then click on 360degree tours. Go to the second set of photos - 13-24 out of 25 and you will see Suite with Balcony. Click on that and enjoy! The colour of furnishings etc will be different but you'll get the idea. You can only see a little of the balcony it's much vaster than it looks.

Annie:)

Thanks once again :) Actually was looking at http://www.cruisestateroom.com but didn't realise it had a sister ship as none of P and O's ships are on this site but it is an extremely useful one too. We have court the cruise bug and will be the 3rd this year with the QM2 last month. we are all looking forward to it :)

Thanks for all information :)

Huw

Archived