Cybercabin on longer cruises....

Hey lanabanana!!

Hey how have you guys been....Christie and I got married in September...Can you believe it has been over a year since our Rhapsody cruise....We're going again on the 19th...we can't wait...taking my parents and some family friends this time.....anyways, just wanted to say hello....I don't know anything about Cybercabin....lol

Ryan

P.S. You don't have the Quest pictures still do ya?

Ok, I have to ask-what is a cybercabin??:confused: :confused: :)

Cybercabin allows you to use your laptop computer in your cabin to access the Internet instead of using the ship's computers or Wifi. We paid $10/day for both 6- and 8-night cruises on the Jewel. I don't know the pricing on longer cruises.

If you're going to spend a lot of time on the Internet, like hours a day, then it's worth it, but it is very slow, even compared to the ships' terminals. The advantage is that you can be in your cabin doing other stuff while waiting for pages to load, emails to be sent, etc. But I don't think I"d do it again, as I ended up spending even more time in my cabin that I otherwise might have. Buying a package of minutes worked best for us.

It was 150.00 for a 10 day. I use Vista as my system and they couldn't accomodate me. XP is as high as they go. I was refunded my money and used theirs. Slow but OK.

That is interesting...and good to know as new laptop has Vista. Guess it won't be going....

Not, 150.00, 125.00 sorry. For some reason they cannot accomodate Vista. I tried, my friend's son tried...no luck. I even tried to use WIFI and that wouldn't work either. I will stick to their dial up. At 1:00 AM it seems to work well. I ended up spending 25.00 and then used my two coupons after that. It was worth it.

Cybercabin allows you to use your laptop computer in your cabin to access the Internet instead of using the ship's computers or Wifi. We paid $10/day for both 6- and 8-night cruises on the Jewel. I don't know the pricing on longer cruises.

Well, now that you told me, the name makes sense!!:o Thanks for the explanation!!:)

That is interesting...and good to know as new laptop has Vista. Guess it won't be going....

Was on the Sov of the Seas a couple of weeks ago. Set up my account (for free) using a ship desktop then signed in using wi-fi from my laptop running Vista.

Had no problems at all accessing secure websites.

Archived