Worried About Guaranty

chewpup

I have an ae mini suite guaranty for the Crown's Aug. 19th sailing. So far no room assignment for us. The ship sailing full. Princess is telling me we may not know our cabin assignment until we arrive at the pier. Has anyone had a similar experience to this? I am getting a little concerned. Thanks in advance.

We booked 3 cabins @ this category and am waiting patiently for room assignments. We only did a guarantee once before on RCCL and got exactly what we paid for, an outside on a lower deck which was fine. My DH is sure we are going to end up over the anchor!

There will be a mini suite waiting for you, although you may not find out where it is located until you board. Happens often, but not to worry, if you are booked and paid in full, there will be a mini somewhere on the ship waiting for you.

This is one problem with gurantees, at times, you have to wait until you get to the pier.

I have an ae mini suite guaranty for the Crown's Aug. 19th sailing. So far no room assignment for us. The ship sailing full. Princess is telling me we may not know our cabin assignment until we arrive at the pier. Has anyone had a similar experience to this? I am getting a little concerned. Thanks in advance.

We have had this happen and we have always had the category guaranteed assigned when we got there....:)

Don't worry, you won't be bumped.........

Also, check out the deck plans for the Crown. Find all of the Category AE Mini-Suites aboard. Now locate the least desirable one to you -- e.g., location on ship; what's over or under you, etc. Figure that you'll get that Cabin; and, if not it will only get better from there...........

That's called "guarantee mind-set 101". Helps in not being disappointed.

WE booked guarantee on Regal Princess . Did not get upgrade

Got exactly what we paid for -Obsructed view cabin

Lifeboat smack over window

However we were on the better smelling side of ship

Cabin was spacious and comfortable

No matter what ENJOY YOUR CRUISE

If you are stressed

GO OUT ON YOUR BALCONY AND B R E A T H E !!!!!

I'm sure you will have a great time

They gave us our cabin 3 days before cruise FYI

Chewpup,

We booked a balcony guarantee Cat. BE for 3 cabins just 3 wks ago for February 2, 2008 and just got our assigned cabins today! I am shocked, since it is so far from our sail date. We got upgraded to Cat BB and a great location in the middle of the ship for all 3 cabins.

Sure made DH happy since he was sure we would end up over the anchor!

Chewpup.......We will be on that sailing too with 10 cabins booked including one which is a balcony guarantee. Do not worry. Apparently they haven't been assigned yet and you will find out what cabin you have at the pier. We still have 5 days to go so keep checking each day. You will definitely be on the wonderful Crown come Sunday. We were also on her last year and had a fantastic time!

Happy Sailing!!!!!

If your a little concerned why did you book a gty? If you're the type of traveler that needs to have a speciafic cabin why don't you book it to begin with?:eek:

If your a little concerned why did you book a gty? If you're the type of traveler that needs to have a speciafic cabin why don't you book it to begin with?:eek:

Sometimes the only choice you have is book a guarantee or don't go!

I hope you are enjoying your cruise right now! I'd really like to hear how your guaranteed minisuite turned out. Where did you end up?

We booked a gtd. mini back in May for a December Crown sailing. After checking almost daily since then, we got assigned last week to Cat. AA (Dolphin deck). Of course, I'm feeling pretty lucky right now!

Please let us know what happened after you get home. Thanks!

Lori

Archived