Latest word funnel deckk on Glory?

beachbum6264

Don't want this to be a WHY would you go there, or OMG I'd NEVER...thread, I just want a simple, knowledgeable up-to-date answer... what's the latest word on the funnel deck on the Glory? Adults only? Top optional? No flames, PLEASE, inquiring minds want to know :D

My wife and I had planned a June cruise on the Valor when I found out through this board that Carnival was discontinuing the adult only topless option on all their ships. We decided to try an adult only all inclusive resort instead. June was the only month we could get away this year and past experience showed us that when school's out unsupervised kids sometimes make relaxing impossible. The funnel deck was our favorite quiet place to hang out - plus there aren't many places in Wisconsin where my wife can lay out without a top!!

I had heard the same, but then I also heard that some ships had installed putt-puut golf, and some had "adult only" areas, where some were still going top optional . Sailing in a couple of weeks and would like to know from someone who has sailed recently just what the situation is. Besides, the bar service has always been GREAT on that deck! :D (my reason for going, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :cool: )

My wife and I had planned a June cruise on the Valor when I found out through this board that Carnival was discontinuing the adult only topless option on all their ships.

There were two ladies on Valor last May that were sun bathing topless on Sky deck. They were European, but I couldn't make out the language....I know it wasn't Spanish or French, if that makes any difference.

Anyway......they made their own topless deck and nobody told them to cover up or bothered them at all. One of the drink guys served them and said nothing.

I think that's what we need to do......revolt!!!!!

As far as I know, last October, there was no such deck. But I could be wrong.

Of course, even if there were, I would not partake of the experience because I hate to see women and men exposing themselves in public. But that is my upbringing.

As far as I know, last October, there was no such deck. But I could be wrong.

Of course, even if there were, I would not partake of the experience because I hate to see women and men exposing themselves in public. But that is my upbringing.

Not doing it would be your upbringing. Hating it would be your choice...

It looks like the new improvements to the Fantasy class ships, known as the Evolution of Fun (tube waterslide, spray pool, etc), take place on the Funnel Deck (at lease that's what the pictures looked like). Sooo, you probably won't see the topless deck anymore.

It looks like the new improvements to the Fantasy class ships, known as the Evolution of Fun (tube waterslide, spray pool, etc), take place on the Funnel Deck (at lease that's what the pictures looked like). Sooo, you probably won't see the topless deck anymore.

not exactly sure where the evolutions improvements are going on the fantasy class, but glory is a conquest class, and that class isn't getting those upgrades.

though i did see threads where the mini golf was added to the F deck on freedom (another conquest class). (it isn't on F deck on fantasy class. it's on sports deck.)

Fabric free jumping sounds thrilling....but the landing would hurt......alot ;)

Hmmm...Reminds me of some lyrics by Vince and the boys...."Skydive naked from an aeroplane..."

I think I actually have a video clip of nekkid skydiving...both men and women...talk about ODF (Out'der Flappin) :eek: :D :cool:

Hmmm...Reminds me of some lyrics by Vince and the boys...."Skydive naked from an aeroplane..."

I think I actually have a video clip of nekkid skydiving...both men and women...talk about ODF (Out'der Flappin) :eek: :D :cool:

nekkid? I meant without the silk...or nylon, whatever fabric that thing above you is made from. :rolleyes:

nekkid? I meant without the silk...or nylon, whatever fabric that thing above you is made from. :rolleyes:

Yes that would hurt. We call those dirt darts.

So which ships still have a topless decks in operation and which ones have their F deck converted to mini golf.

Officially all topless decks are gone. They are now simply adult decks, the topless bit isn't advertised any longer. The Fantasy Class ships have the mini golf upfront inside the jogging track. The adult deck is in the back around the funnel.

On Conquest class ships I am a bit confused. I have not sailed one with the mini-golf yet. From the basketball/volleyball courts you can go up to either of two deck spaces. The topless deck was forward of the courts, a larger area around the funnel is aft of the courts. It is my belief that the mini golf is in this aft area. If this is true it would leave the old topless deck intact as the adult area.

I have no idea what changes have been made to the Spirit class ships. It has been nearly 2 1/2 years since I sailed one.

We were on the Glory in May of 2007, the wind was really strong one day, so my husband was "looking" for a place that maybe the wind wouldn't be so strong, he walked up to the adult deck, and there was one lady bathing topless. So it was there in May.

We were on the Glory in May of 2007, the wind was really strong one day, so my husband was "looking" for a place that maybe the wind wouldn't be so strong, he walked up to the adult deck, and there was one lady bathing topless. So it was there in May.

Thanks, that's the kind of info I was "looking" for ;)

As this was our first cruise, I do not know the correct term for the deck, but the deck right above the basketball court is/can be topless. This was as of 8-3-07 Western cruise. We had drink service and at one point here was about 6-7 patrons enjoying the deck, there was more but not all were topless. Some kids tried to get up there but when told not allowed they would leave.

The F-deck signs say Adult Only now. They removed the words top optionl.

But we have had reports that they are not stopping it from happening up there...since the only people up the are adults, and we are talking topless not nude so no one is "exposing" themselves.

If I can put up with some of the manboobage on the lido deck and the outdoor buffetI think it's fine for someone to sun themselves on a secluded restricted deck. It's not a dance party up there....LOL :p

My brother and sister-in-law returned from a Glory cruise on 7/14/2007. They stumbled by accident onto the clothing optional deck. My brother was looking for a higher deck to take photos. They went through a door marked "adults only" and lo and behold the Glory still had a clothing optional deck. My SIL was not too impressed since she works in a hospital and sees "naked people everyday".

Archived