tipping in specialty restaurants

tapdancemom

We've been on many RCCL and always give the waiter $10 or 20 extra(depending on service and friendliness)at Portofinos or Chops We also leave a tip in Johnny Rockets when we eat there on RCCL-

I dont know if it's expected but if we have a nice time, we try to show it

We're going on the Noordam and plan on eating once at the Pinnacle Grill. I know about the service charge. Does this charge include the waiter's tip or do we do that separtely at the table? :confused:

When I have dined at the Pinnacle Grill, I have left a gratuity of $10 per person. I also will give the Wine Steward a bit more than the 15% standard tip that is added onto the bill. Some will also offer the Maitre d' for the Room a gratuity, but I don't think this is either expected nor necessary unless he/she has done something special for you.

The cruise lines say that the additional charge to dine in a specialty restaurant is for the service; meaning a gratuity. With one exception - where the service was horrible and I literally did not get an entree, I have always offered up something additional to my servers. I know other people who never tip anything else though taking the cruise lines word for the fact that the additional charge covers it. Tipping is a personal matter and you should decide for yourself. I like to show my appreciation for a job well done that I feel went beyond the norm so for me that means offering up something more.

Archived