Will NCL return to Houston?

electricron

When will NCL return to Houston?

I found these statistics from the MARAD US DOT, and one can't wonder if NCL made the correct decision?

CruiseTerminals.jpg

Note Florida's dominance decreasing, and Galveston's higher popularity over New Orleans. Galveston was ranked higher than New York.

When will NCL return to Houston?

I found these statistics from the MARAD US DOT, and one can't wonder if NCL made the correct decision?

Note Florida's dominance decreasing, and Galveston's higher popularity over New Orleans. Galveston was ranked higher than New York.

We were on the dream out of Houston 2 winters ago. Loved it as we were able to spend post cruise in Houston at the Rodeo. The port itself is a little/lot scary though. It was not a nice port. But seeing as you are only in port of a few hours, I would go back jsut becasue I liked spending time in Houston!!!

We were on the dream out of Houston 2 winters ago. Loved it as we were able to spend post cruise in Houston at the Rodeo. The port itself is a little/lot scary though. It was not a nice port. But seeing as you are only in port of a few hours, I would go back jsut becasue I liked spending time in Houston!!!
Scary is a good word. We did it twice, the first time we took a taxi from our hotel near Hobby. I was sure the driver was taking us out to nowhere, sorta like the book, the Onion Field. The second time we had a rental car and knew what to expect. I think many of us are hoping NCL will return when the new port is complete. The big thing is adjusting the itinerary. How many times can you go to Cozumel, Cancun, Roatan and Belize or similar.

Nita

Scary is a good word. We did it twice, the first time we took a taxi from our hotel near Hobby. I was sure the driver was taking us out to nowhere, sorta like the book, the Onion Field. The second time we had a rental car and knew what to expect. I think many of us are hoping NCL will return when the new port is complete. The big thing is adjusting the itinerary. How many times can you go to Cozumel, Cancun, Roatan and Belize or similar.

Nita

Well to answer how many times... this is 3 in a row for us!!! haha!!

Twice on the Dream and now on the Sun in March!!! Next cruise will prob be South.

I would rank Roatan as a C-, Belize a B, Cozumel as an A, Gtand Caymen as an A-, and Montego Bay as a C'+. I have not yet ranked Guatemela, hopefully next spring from New Orleans since Houston isn't available.

I would also love to use the new Bayport port despite the long drive from the George Bush International Airport.

I realize Houston is the largest petrochemical complex worldwide. Anyone who drives through will notice this. But despite this fact, the Houston area has beautiful buildings and the NASA complex nearby.

I would rank Roatan as a C-, Belize a B, Cozumel as an A, Gtand Caymen as an A-, and Montego Bay as a C'+. I have not yet ranked Guatemela, hopefully next spring from New Orleans since Houston isn't available.

I would also love to use the new Bayport port despite the long drive from the George Bush International Airport.

I realize Houston is the largest petrochemical complex worldwide. Anyone who drives through will notice this. But despite this fact, the Houston area has beautiful buildings and the NASA complex nearby.

I guess, like food, ports are very subjective. I would rate them a little differently. Roatan B: for it's beauty and great snorkeling

Belize: c: I really don't like the place, but maybe had we had a

different tour I would have a better picture; the second time we

just tendered in, walked around a little and headed back.

Grand Cayman: a C plus, but we like the snokeling there. I

just don't think it is that pretty, very expensive and all three

times have had bad weather

Montego Bay: D at best. I can't think of anything I liked about

the place.

Nita

The port itself is a little/lot scary though

My very first cruise was out of Galveston in 2003 - when we returned the Captain announced - 'welcome to Baghdad - oh sorry Galveston'. It was funny at the time - probably would not be so funny now. They were working on the port then - is it still a mess - or are you talking about actual Houston?

I'm confused. Is the original post indicating Galveston is the same as Houston? It's not. Houston is not even on the list. I left from Houson in 2005 when the Sun was repositioned from New Orleans. We had a two day pre hotel in Houston. We did not care for Houston and the port was not very nice. I'm guessing if you are from the area and can drive to the port it would be nice but other wise i can't imagine why anyone would depart from Houston.

I'm confused. Is the original post indicating Galveston is the same as Houston? It's not. Houston is not even on the list. I left from Houson in 2005 when the Sun was repositioned from New Orleans. We had a two day pre hotel in Houston. We did not care for Houston and the port was not very nice. I'm guessing if you are from the area and can drive to the port it would be nice but other wise i can't imagine why anyone would depart from Houston.

Then Houston's passenger counts for 2003, 20004, and 2005 should be added to Galveston's, and the resulting number of passengers will be even larger. This upcoming winter, there will be just three ships sailing from Galveston's cruise terminals, the Carnival Conquest, Voyager of the Seas, and Carnival Ecasty. The new Houston Bayport facility will outclass Galveston's terminals in amenities.

Bayport

BayportCruiseTerminalArtistrendition1.jpg

Galveston

The%20Residen%20Sea%20in%20the%20Port%20of%20Galveston.JPG

Which would you rather sail from?

Archived