If you were in my shoes.............

stprdi

I've sailed both NCL & RCI but not on either of those ships. I prefer freestyle above all else so NCL is always my favorite. It's not for everybody & some people hate it. I don't know you so I have no idea how you feel about the subject.

What are the itineraries & the prices? Will you be bored if you can't rock climb or ice skate?

Wow! Your question is like asking if Democrats or Republicans better serve this country. Everyone has a different opinion!

My Southern cruise is on NCL, but I prefer having no set dining time. I have only been on Carnival and NCL and I love them both for different reasons. But being an older couple we don't "party" anymore and we prefer to sail out of Miami. If I were you I would decide what ports I wanted to visit and narrow down the cruise choices that way.

Depends on how you want to spend your money and time. The NCL Jewel is a 9 day from Florida. The RCCL Serenade is a 7 day from San Juan. Generally airfare to San Juan is more expensive than to Florida. We did the Destiny out of San Juan, and the Pearl out of Miami. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the longer cruise, the NCL Jewel. The cruise would probably cost more than the RC, but the airfare would be less to Florida, so for not much more money, you could have 9 nights instead of 7.

First I would check out the itinarary, I would definitely do a 10 day over a 7 day. Freestyle cruising is not for me and I would never cruise NCL, not even if it was free! I have enjoyed RCI and don't think you can go wrong with them. However my choice would always be Princess, my favorite.

Never been on either ship, but what I do is look at where its going and what I would use on the ship & of course the eating style...

I did this a few times deciding on Royal Caribbean "BIG" ships or the New Carnival Splendor.. I pick Splendor for the main reason I wouldn't be using 80% of what R.C. offers and I would be paying for it...

Archived