Extremely Long Paradise Cruise Journal

mathgal

Thanks evdryone for all of the kind words. I'm just glad I "finally" got this finished. Once school starts on Friday there won't be ANY extra time to "play" on my computer!! :(

Lisa...Isn't it depressing to see the negative numbers in your countdown clock!! Did you ever get any pictures posted online from your cruise?

dickinson...I would LOVE to be able to go on the Paradise cruise through the Panama Canal!! I am looking forward to reading LOTS of reviews from that one!! (Hint, Hint!!) ;)

Yes, It's very sad to have it done and see those negative numbers. I used to get so excited with the countdown, going from one set of numbers to the next (like from the 50's to 40's, etc. - and don't get me started on how excited I was with single digits!). The bummer is that we won't be cruising again for awhile.....so it's a bit sad.

As for photos, I still haven't scanned them yet. I didn't take digital pictures, so I need to take the time to scan. I WILL get them on.....hopefully soon. The boys go back to school in a week, so I won't have to share the computer anymore during the day :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mathgal,

We traded info several times before and after our February '04 Paradise cruise. From your review, it sounds like you had a great time!!

I read your Roatan portion of your review with great interest. My wife and I returned to Roatan for a week of ministry to the school children in May. Was the school that you visted called the Gravel Bay school (very close to the cruise port)?? I have a lot of pics from that school (and several others) I have a link on the Roatan page, if you are interested.

My daughters are teachers here in the Ft. Worth area. Y'all (Texas talk) are very special to me!

Pat

Hi Pat!

I've seen your pictures...thanks for posting them! The school we went to was on the east end of the island, but I don't know the name. It did look very similar to the pictures of the schools you visited however. I wish we would have gotten the names of the teacher & principal that we talked to...they were so gracious to spend time visiting with us that morning. My friend, Laurel, is going to try and email Victor Bodden to see if he can find out. She is a 5th grade teacher and she would like to have her students correspond with some of the kids in the school we visited.

I work in a very small rural school here in Minnesota. Our enrollment is going down which means the $$$ is going down also. Everytime I feel like complaining, I think of the conditions in that school in Roatan and know we have it so good here in comparison!

Mary

Archived