Just off the Glory

My family and I just got off the Glory on August 11th. I will be posting a review in a few days but will answer any immediate questions those of you may have. Overall, it was an AWESOME trip and I loved the Glory!!!!

Did you go to the piano bar by chance, and if so was he any good? Is it true that on some nights that they only have 1 show? thanks for the info

Did you go to the piano bar by chance, and if so was he any good? Is it true that on some nights that they only have 1 show? thanks for the info

Yes, we did go to the piano bar (cinn-a-bar) but unfortunately didn't discover it until the last night otherwise we would have went more. My husband and I thought he (Robert) was great! We had a lot of fun singing along and requesting songs. On Friday when we went there were two shows. The first was before our dinner time and had a margarita special. After dinner we came back at 10:00 and there was a sing-a-long. I'd have to look back at my capers to see if there was multiple shows on other nights.

Hope this helps

Who is playing in the piano bar? Is he good?

What are the bands on board and where are they located? Good, bad .......indifferent?

Comedians? How do they rate?

Entertainment - any OUTSTANDING features etc.? Shows?

Thanks....any information grateful!:)

I just responded to another cruiser about the piano bar. Robert was the performer and I thought he was great. We only went on the last night and came back for 2 different shows. There are a variety of bands and musical performances. Many are on deck 5 and are very good. Teri Jo did flute along with keyboard. She is fun and very entertaining!

We went to two adult comedians. The first, Michael Macy, was very good. I would recommend his show. Although we had a major jerk in our audience that talked back constantly. Mike was starting to get frustrated but put the guy in his place. The second comedian did an all audience show and an adult show. I did not like him much for either show but my husband loved both shows. He plays a guitar during part of the show and that is pretty funny.

The Livin' in America show (Sunday night after Formal dinner #1) was good. It's a Vegas type show so all singing and glitz. I guess the final show, Carnival Legends was good. My husband and I didn't go though, we were enjoying the piano bar too much ;)

Hope this helps!!!!

Is Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Jimmy back ?

:eek:

We had Ryan Fitzgerald, who I thought was fine. This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. He was fun and upbeat. I think Wee Jimmy is back in Sept. or Oct. I've seen that here somewhere on the boards.

I am leaving 8-18-07 on the Glory. Did they check your baggage for alcohol? How can I bring it on board? I've never been on a cruise before, is there anything out of the ordinary I should take? What about sea sickness?:p

We are booked on that same cruise.

Come on over to the Roll call forum and meet the gang.:rolleyes:

uhhh...critic crew?

We had Ryan Fitzgerald, who I thought was fine. This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. He was fun and upbeat. I think Wee Jimmy is back in Sept. or Oct. I've seen that here somewhere on the boards.

Wee Jimmy will NOT be there in September. Ryan just came on board in July or August, so he is there for 9 months.

Wee Jimmy will NOT be there in September. Ryan just came on board in July or August, so he is there for 9 months.

Ive seen conflicting info, first I saw ryan was the new replacement and then I saw some news that he was only short term covering for vacation of Wee Jimmy. Who knows...I know that I didnt care for Ryan, in comparison to the CD on my past cruises.

Not a huge deal...but I do think the CD is a very important part of the staff and a good one makes a difference.

Ive seen conflicting info, first I saw ryan was the new replacement and then I saw some news that he was only short term covering for vacation of Wee Jimmy. Who knows...I know that I didnt care for Ryan, in comparison to the CD on my past cruises.

Not a huge deal...but I do think the CD is a very important part of the staff and a good one makes a difference.

I just know what my PVP researched for me and told me.

I am leaving 8-18-07 on the Glory. Did they check your baggage for alcohol? How can I bring it on board? I've never been on a cruise before, is there anything out of the ordinary I should take? What about sea sickness?:p

Our alcohol was in our checked bags, no problem. We also brought 4 2- litters of Pepsi. We are not big soda drinkers but wanted a few to mix rum and cokes. We only took a little rum along and still bought plenty of drinks on board.

There are great lists on these boards on what to bring. I found that some of the items listed on others lists were ones I wouldn't need and so I did not pack them. These things did help us:

* hair dryer- the one in the cabin is horrible, bring your own...it's worth it

* power strip for extra outlets. This came in handy when we wanted to get ready for formal night and had the hair dryer, straightener and steamer all plugged in.

* night light if staying in an interior cabin

* extra coat hangers. I didn't bring extra but wish I would have. There is plenty of room to hang clothes but not many coat hangers

* highlighters for the daily capers

* medium size beach bag for day trips and to carry around on the ship.

* small wallet or casual clutch for camera, sign and sail card and capers schedule. I have Coach one that I love that was perfect for this task and even went with a few of dress attire!

* I wish I had brought more tank tops to throw over my swimsuit. I had plenty of shorts and other types of cover ups but for day trips I enjoyed wearing my suit with shorts and a tank top.

* long sleeve shirt or sweater to put over the top of tanks, dresses, etc when inside. The air conditioning can get chilly, especially in the Amber Palace!

I was worried about getting sea sick and brought over the counter motion sickness meds. I never once took them. Didn't need to. I saw plenty of people wearing the patches behind their ears. I had a prescription for them but it was $50 for 4, so I decided it wasn't necessary...and good thing to since I didn't need them.

Have a great tip and let me know if I can be of any more assistance! What cabin are you staying in? We were on the Riviera Deck (floor 1) and loved it.

If you have any pics, please post them. Write as much as you want, because I want to know everything! We leave on September 8th on the Glory.

:) :) :)

Is the Ivory Bar the place to have cigars too? :confused:

Yes, the Ivory Bar is the place to have cigars. It's a nice place and often has live jazz or piano/trio music.

I have 1000 pictures from the cruise. Thank goodness for digital. I have tomorrow off and will write my review and try to figure out how to include pictures along with it. I have enjoyed when others did that and I will try it too. Any pointers on how to do that best????? Anyone?

We are going on the Sept 29 Glory cruise. Can you tell me what excursions you did in the ports? Also, did you have kids with you? I was just wondering about excursions that would be good for kids. Thanks!

Lora

Hi Lora-

We did not have children with us...sorry!

In Nassau we did not plan anything. Just walked around and found a beach to swim at. It was very hot that day and we couldn't handle much more. Did a little shopping and were back on ship by 11:00.

In St. Thomas we did a day sail on the Winifred. It was AWESOME! We were able to snorkel too.

In St. Maarten we did an island tour including the zipline/ropes course. This was my favorite day and was very fun. The tour also included shopping and lunch at the beach.

I will write a review tomorrow and try to include pictures.

Read John Heald's blog for Aug 8 where he interviews Wee Jimmy. He will be on the Glory starting this weekend 8/18. He is just on vacation and will be back. The other CD is a short term fill in. The interview is interesting as is everything John writes about.

Archived