Cartoons?

Eclipsepearl

Any cruise lines show cartoons on the in-cabin TV's? Just wondering. I wasn't surprised that there weren't any on Celebrity but curious if this is something that exisits.

If I recall correctly, RCCL has a Nickelodeon channel. Sorry I cant say if there are cartoons on it - I usually flip right by it!

I'm certainly not going to choose my cruise based on this one fact. I was just curious!

Thanks ladies!

...but I'm still wondering about Princess and HAL. Anyone know? We're looking at these too (along with RCCL & Carnival)

The in-room TV selection on Celebrity was dire. We hardly were in the room anyway but the cartoons would have been nice for getting them ready in the morning and evening...

Oh my gosh, this thread reminds me of a funny story from our cruise to the Mexican Riviera. There were two cartoon channels (I don't remember which ones), and although the shows were in English, the commercials were in Spanish.

One evening after DH and I had gone out for drinks after dinner, we picked up DD from Camp Carnival, and DH stayed with her in the cabin while I went out for a bit more fun. Apparently they were watching cartoons until she settled down. DH told me he couldn't believe the commercials, because he had seen a commercial for a Barbie with a dog that Poops.:eek:

I thought he had just had more to drink than I had thought, because I couldn't believe Mattel would make a product like that. I told him he must have been drunk, but he kept insisting he wasn't and he had REALLY seen it. I was curious enough that when we came back I googled it - it's a real toy!

According to the brochure that I received from Princess regarding my sailing on the Golden Princess to the Mexican Rivieria Boomerang and The Cartoon Channel are shown on the following Princess Ships: Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Diammond Princess, Dawn Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Regal Princess. I think I have all of them :)

AZ baby, great info! We're looking at cruises on the Emerald (which you listed) and Pacific Princess, so if we pick that cruise, I'll ask. Again, not a deal-breaker!

I also (another detail) that Princess lets you do your own laundry. With three kids, I'd love that!

DH told me he couldn't believe the commercials, because he had seen a commercial for a Barbie with a dog that Poops.:eek:

I thought he had just had more to drink than I had thought, because I couldn't believe Mattel would make a product like that. I told him he must have been drunk, but he kept insisting he wasn't and he had REALLY seen it. I was curious enough that when we came back I googled it - it's a real toy!

Too funny! My mom bought that for my daughter lol! My dd is nuts about dogs. When I opened it up and saw the poops, well let's just say they were fast in the trash (my dd is also one of those kids who puts things in their mouths).

So it is now part of that big recall Mattel is having! I looked it up and it wasn't the poops! It was a small magnet on the handle of the pooper-scooper.

I like the idea of Barbie with a doll but that toy...is just too much!

Sorry to hijack my own thread...

Sharon

P.S. If you want another commercial story, here in France the other night, I saw a condom commercial lol! I've seen a lot of eyebrow-raising advertising over here and elsewhere but I have never actually seen a condom commercial on TV anywhere!

...and no, don't blame the famous wine here ;)

A lot of time, I saw the cartoon channel was in Spanish. This was on Carnival, Celebrity and RCCI cruises. Once the ship gets into Mexican or Central American waters, the ship's satellite goes to the Spanish speaking channels, just like you see ESPN Latin America on many cruise ships.

Ok I'm back from Carnival...

they had Cartoon Network and Boomerang. Some of the cartoons were in Spanish. All of the commercials were in spanish. And Carnival also has a "Children's Movie Station" playing the same family movie the whole cruise...for our cruise it was Doolittle 3

Archived