Tummy is in knots!!!

Oh my, Tom!

Sorry, I'm a happily married lady! LOL

We're doing the eastern Carib. itinerary on the Mariner, in a PR cabin.

We're visiting Nassau (not hugely thrilled about this one, but hey), St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

We just did that same itinerary last january out of Port Canaveral on the Carnival Glory... went to Nassau and then st thomas and st marteen..... Had fun... i did like Nassau as I went there to see a friend but over all not my favorite island... I am also kind of sick of st thomas.. i have been there about 9 times now.. its just getting a bit old... St Maarten was neat.. and the butterfly farm was good for kids ..... other then that the everythings cool beach is the place to be...

Oh and FYI I am happily married too LOL.. I was just pulling your leg...

BTW whats a PR cabin???

Tom

We just did that same itinerary last january out of Port Canaveral on the Carnival Glory... went to Nassau and then st thomas and st marteen..... Had fun... i did like Nassau as I went there to see a friend but over all not my favorite island... I am also kind of sick of st thomas.. i have been there about 9 times now.. its just getting a bit old... St Maarten was neat.. and the butterfly farm was good for kids ..... other then that the everythings cool beach is the place to be...

Oh and FYI I am happily married too LOL.. I was just pulling your leg...

BTW whats a PR cabin???

Tom

I figured you were kidding. :)

PR is a promenade cabin on the Voyager-class ships.

ahhhh i see... PR makes sence now... I have yet to go on a Voyager class ship.. only on the Legend and Radiance... I am going on the Splendour ( another Legend class ship) in Feb. And I think I am going to be saddened as i love the Consierge Service. Oh well.. I still have my GS cabin...

Tom

Adriene: Make lists. It's a very calming activity. First, you make a list of everything you need to do before you leave: stop newspaper delivery, stop mail, notify police & neighbors, empty the refrigerator, return books to the library, take videos back to video store, check prices at home on anything you want to buy while on the cruise, set light timers in house, get passports & tickets & travel documents together, turn off subscription notification feature on Cruise Critic, do something with the thermostat, etc.

Then you make a list of everything you want to pack.

THEN you get to check off things as you fulfill them.

These activities take up your time (which makes it go faster) and provide you with a sense of accomplishment. Plus, as you think of things, you have a place to write them down, instead of having senior moments and forgetting them. :D

Have a GREAT cruise!

Carol

:D I know the feeling. I'll be leaving on AOS the day after my birthday. Great present! And I can't wait. It's going to be a great trip! Happy birthday to your dear hubby. Virgos Rule!

"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."

-Marcus Aurelius Antonius

I wish I was 2 weeks out. We are going on the Radiance Jan. 2 and I've already packed all the children's clothes (summer clearance - hope they fit...) and have started my lists and checking off what I'm putting in the suitcase under my DD's crib.:)

The planning is almost as fun as the cruise (almost...:p ). Have a great time.

Adriene, we are on the same cruise... and I am getting so excited, too.

I started a pack basket... I just throw stuff in there as I think about it, ( nite lites, flashlites, passport, room freshener,etc) then, all this week I'll be making my pack list, and to do list. I'll start packing this weekend and hopefully be finished by Wednesday before the cruise.

The only thing is, that I have never packed that early, so I am concerned about everything getting wrinkled being packed for that long before the cruise.

I always have trouble with the cosmetics, and have to add everything ( contact lens solution, make up, etc) at the last minute, after get ready the day of the cruise. This time, I am buying doubles of everything (Make up, powder, etc) and I'll get it all packed this weekend.

Just spend time on the boards, and that will keep you busy;)

i'm going to be on the same cruise too:D . i started selecting my clothes to pack but to make sure they dont wrinkle sitting in the suit case for so long, they are hanging all over the house on those over the door hooks. i'll put them into the suitcases next thursday. see y'all on the 5th 10_1_20.gif

while your out on the deck, watching the moonlight on the water (breath). The sound similar to ocean waves on the shore, a constant, steady, calming sound (breath).

NOW, it that dosen't work, I agree with the list idea.

Make a "I must forget these items" list. Birth Cert/Passport, RX Meds, things that you could not get anywhere else. THen the clothes list. Then the "others" list.

If your still uptight, La Parrilla has discount margaretia's on Tuesday and draft beer on Wednesdays! :D

Seriously, if you have that "I can't get it all done because I"m so uptight" feeling, call the MD for a mild anti-anxiety agent.

RELAX!! And have a great time on your cruise!!

Jacquelyn :D

w

If your still uptight, La Parrilla has discount margaretia's on Tuesday and draft beer on Wednesdays! :D

Oooh. La Parilla. Yum! That's one of my fave restaurants. :) We go to the one in the Publix shopping center at the corner of Barrett Parkway and Dallas Highway.

We're less than 3 weeks out from our first cruise - Enchantment, Sept. 13th, Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. We booked in Feb., so it's been a fun build up and the planning has been a blast...but come on ALREADY! It needs to get here!

Adriene, we are leaving on the 5th too, SOS, and I am now officially a bundle of nerves. I started the list thing like Merion suggested. It helps, but as far as clothes, etc. go, seeing that list has made me frantic about how I'm going to fit all my stuff into 1 medium suitcase & an overnight bag! Also, we are suddenly scrambling to rent a light weight wheelchair through CareVacations or elsewhere, since we've now decided that the wheeled walker we were going to take isn't going to do the trick after all. Last minute traumas, I guess.

Good luck to you, you're not alone in the panic department! :eek:

Riana

You people are killing me...........hahahaha I leave Sunday on the Mariner and still have not packed, although I did get the suits altered and cleaned and a couple new dresses for the misses. We are planning on packing Saturday and driving down first thing Sunday morning (only a few hours) after a stop at the Cracker Barrell of course.

Whatever you do have fun at it.

Adriene: Make lists. It's a very calming activity. First, you make a list of everything you need to do before you leave: stop newspaper delivery, stop mail, notify police & neighbors, empty the refrigerator, return books to the library, take videos back to video store, check prices at home on anything you want to buy while on the cruise, set light timers in house, get passports & tickets & travel documents together, turn off subscription notification feature on Cruise Critic, do something with the thermostat, etc.

Then you make a list of everything you want to pack.

THEN you get to check off things as you fulfill them.

These activities take up your time (which makes it go faster) and provide you with a sense of accomplishment. Plus, as you think of things, you have a place to write them down, instead of having senior moments and forgetting them. :D

Have a GREAT cruise!

Carol

These are excellent suggestions. I'd like to add:

Pack everything on your list a few days ahead of time and then take out half!

Also, have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle party? And have you found your Roll Call on the Meet and Mingle board? Chatting with your fellow cruisers helps pass the time and keeps up the excitement!

I did this itinerary in Jan. on the Mariner and loved it so much I'm doing it again a year from Oct.!

Have you thought about what you're doing in each port?

Hi Adriene

On our last cruise our luggage was picked up by RCCL (4 suitcases) - 3 of the suitcases arrived at our room - my wife's suitcase has never been seen again - she went the entire 7 day cruise with no cloths. We will be sailing again in 2 weeks - this time we are packing each suitcase with half her stuff and half mine - if one gets lost - at least we both will still have some cloths to wear.

HI carvone

I am also leaving on the mariner on Sunday and i have nothing done niether. I am also going to pack on Saturday and flying to Orlando Sunday Moring ...

Have aGREAT TIme i know that i am countiing down the days....

This might sound crazy and a little neurotic, but I take the list thing a little bit further. I create an Excel spreadsheet and create a worksheet for every member of the house, plus other ones like, medicines/first aid, general, mandatory items, etc. I then put each item on whatever worksheet it would go on. This way I can mark the list off as I go and the day before I will print the lists out and review that I have everything I need. Plus, one step further, I put things like coloring books and colors and arts/crafts, in a 2.5 gallon zip lock back and put the list on the front of the bad. Sounds crazy but it keeps me occupied so I don't constantly think about the cruise and what the weather is going to be like, or what to do first or a million other things. Have fun on your cruise. We leave this Sunday out of Galveston! Very excited as we have a 4 year old and a 3 year old and this will be the first trip we have taken with them (out of the country). Usually, we leave them at home with our parents. Should be fun!

I wish I was 2 weeks out. We are going on the Radiance Jan. 2 and I've already packed all the children's clothes (summer clearance - hope they fit...) and have started my lists and checking off what I'm putting in the suitcase under my DD's crib.:)

The planning is almost as fun as the cruise (almost...:p ). Have a great time.

So true! I love to plan! :D

Adrein...have a great time!!

Love the spreadsheet idea...I am just as nuerotic...LOL thanks to you I have another reason to use my spreadsheets!..:p

Archived