Sovereign of the Seas

We have gone on the Sovereign many times. It's one of our favorite ships.

You would not be in Nassau 1 1/2 days. The ship docks at 11 in the morning and leaves port at 1:30 AM the next morning. You are there for 14 1/2 hours.

We've also gone over to Atlantis many times. You can take a cab or go by water taxi. Taking the water taxi though makes it necessary for you to walk a couple of blocks to Atlantis. If you take a cab, it drops you right at the door. You can also catch a cab back to the ship right there too.

Atlantis is a neat place to wander around at. Don't miss seeing the awesome aquarium, The Dig. Parts of it you can see for free and depending on who's there, parts you have to pay for. They also have beautiful grounds to explore. Unfortunately, you cannot use their facilities unless you are a guest.

I hope this helps.

As Bellalago noted it is not overnight but late into the evening of the same day. In July we had all aboard about 12:30 AM. I meet many on board the ship that were disappointed that they misunderstood the arrival and departure times.

With that said, my son was on the 4 day this past spring and the Sovereign actually arrived in Nassau an evening early as the Coco Cay first day stop was cancelled I had never seen this done as usually the spaces are used for other ships, They had hoped to pick up Coco Cay the last day ( sea day) but were never able to make it.

M

did the 3 nighter this past weekend (2nd time this year). we actually arrived late, at noon, though that was the listed arrival time from the moment we stepped on board, so it wasn't as if we encountered problems en-route. and all aboard yes at 12:30, so it was 12.5 hours in port.

we did atlantis back in january, did not pay for anything but enjoyed the free portions of the aquarium that were available too see. the occupancy was low enough that they were selling all access day passes that day, $88 for everything including the beaches, the slides, EVERYTHING, as well as lower priced passes only to certain things (the types of passes available through the ships). we were there late enough in the day that we did not do any of that. enjoyed the water taxi, it made it a scenic trip over and back, and we were all healthy and mobile so the walk was no problem.

this time we stayed on the ship. we were also in nassau in may on the disney wonder, at which time we did the dolphin encounter, so we just enjoyed a nearly deserted pool deck to ourselves when everyone else went ashore, and the ping pong tables were also available, to DS's delight.

I just got back from a cruise on this ship and was so disappointed. I have traveled on Carnival exclusively but went with friends on this trip and they wanted to check out a different ship. The rooms were terribly small, the room stewart did the minimal and our air never worked properly. The other 3 cabins in our group had plumbing/flooding issues. I think if the rest of the experience was good I could have overlooked the room but the food was mediocre at best and the pool area smelled moldy from the carpeting on the deck. If you want a short crusie go on CArnivals FAsination. Thier food is awsome across the boad and the rooms are bigger

With that said, my son was on the 4 day this past spring and the Sovereign actually arrived in Nassau an evening early as the Coco Cay first day stop was cancelled I had never seen this done as usually the spaces are used for other ships, They had hoped to pick up Coco Cay the last day ( sea day) but were never able to make it.

M

We had that happen also on one cruise and got to stay docked overnight in Nassau. We got lucky and were able to go to Coco Cay on what should have been a sea day. During the Spring getting to Coco Cay is a hit and miss type thing. The seas can be calm one day and then much too rough to chance tendering the next day.

Archived