Its all carnivals fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefexplorer

I feel for you. I know what's it's like. When I got back from my last cruise, the "bug" got us too and we turned right around and now are booked for 2 MORE!! I'm an RN and my DH and I both work a lot of hours. Now, we are going to have to STOP working all those hours that week. I won't have those doctors yelling because once again, they can't find anything without you getting it for them. I won't have any of the patients or families who think they can say or do whatever they want to you. Then, of course, there's that COLD weather I'll have to give up to lay out by the pool and have people bring me ice cold drinks instead of getting my usual half hot bottle of sprite from the machine that takes my money have the time.

Oh, and then I'll have to leave my 20 yr old and all his 20 year old friends at home and won't have the joy of being woken up at 1am as they ALL tramp back into my house complete with McDonald's bags for a late night snack and "forgot" that I had to work in the morning. I won't have anyone asking to borrow money. Instead, I have to put up with being in that big, beautiful dining room, served every day and then, I have to return to my cabin and sit quietly out on my balcony instead of out mowing my grass.

How will I survive??

I know just how you feel I have a soon to be 18 year old and 25 year old and they are always up all night playing computer games etc. I also am an RN and I just got back from my 3 day stent of working out of town (we invited my 25 year old to move in so that the 17 year old would have someone else in the house when DH and I are working) I think all they do is eat and play...... they both have a job and go to college so they don't ask for money though. But I just booked on the upcoming Valor cruise that you can take and get CEU credit for.......... What a way to learn LOL....

Our turn to face this adversity comes in less than 3 weeks. I will draw strength to get through it from the above posts from fellow sufferers.

Together we CAN get through it! :D

"WE ARE THE WORLD...

WE ARE THE CHILDREN..."

Oh, sorry, just felt like belting out a song! Lucky for y'all you can only READ me singing..!!:D :p ;)

Is there a lawyer out there?? In this thread there is enough evidence for a class action suit. To add insult to the stress free enviroment there could be a UFO involded. There is rumors that there is a "Upgrade Fairy" that does not show equal treatment to all it seems there is a select few that get upgrade. There seems to be no certain pattern or clue on how upgrades are given. Can you just imagine how one must feel to find out that one recieved a better cabin then what they paid for with their hard earn money? umfortunately I have not had the oppurtunity to experience an upgrade. Although there still a chance the upgrade fairy will find us in november. A week without stress what is one to do ? All I can do is ENJOY every moment of the cruise

Our turn to face this adversity comes in less than 3 weeks. I will draw strength to get through it from the above posts from fellow sufferers.

Together we CAN get through it! :D

We will experience all these Harsh Cruilities 3 days after you do travl. hard to believe that I am going to put myself through this torture again and again in the next few years. Hope your cruise is all you expect it to be. Although how can you have a bad cruise?

Is there a lawyer out there?? In this thread there is enough evidence for a class action suit. To add insult to the stress free enviroment there could be a UFO involded. There is rumors that there is a "Upgrade Fairy" that does not show equal treatment to all it seems there is a select few that get upgrade. There seems to be no certain pattern or clue on how upgrades are given. Can you just imagine how one must feel to find out that one recieved a better cabin then what they paid for with their hard earn money? umfortunately I have not had the oppurtunity to experience an upgrade. Although there still a chance the upgrade fairy will find us in november. A week without stress what is one to do ? All I can do is ENJOY every moment of the cruise

The lawyer in me has been thinking of all the class-action suits we could file against Carnival. Clearly, there are many of us who have been wronged by this big bad corporation!!! With all that emotional distress, I'm amazed no one has filed this suit before. It'll be ground breaking!

I'm thinking that I'll need to do a little more hands-on research before I draft the suit. It will be hard work, but I'm willing to suffer for others. ;) I wonder what ship and iteniary would be the best for my "research?" I'm thinking it needs to be a nice long cruise and, of course, I'll have to have the best suite!

lol!

I've read through all of your posts, clearly you are upset.

Therefore, I'm going to offer to do the only "proper" thing.....Send me your tickets and I'll go for you all!

Yes, I know its a sacrifice, but it's one that MUST be made! I'll take one ofr the team!:p

I'm sorry it has to be this way for so many of you! I feel your pain, really I do. I am booking my next torture trip as we speak!;)

Remember, I am the only one who cares enough to endure your torture for you...send those tickets to me.:D

The lawyer in me has been thinking of all the class-action suits we could file against Carnival. Clearly, there are many of us who have been wronged by this big bad corporation!!! With all that emotional distress, I'm amazed no one has filed this suit before. It'll be ground breaking!

I'm thinking that I'll need to do a little more hands-on research before I draft the suit. It will be hard work, but I'm willing to suffer for others. ;) I wonder what ship and iteniary would be the best for my "research?" I'm thinking it needs to be a nice long cruise and, of course, I'll have to have the best suite!

lol!

Glory Eastern would be best for your research. St. Thomas and St. Maarten. don't want to go Mexican for a little while *western* Dean pretty much tore them up.

I've read through all of your posts, clearly you are upset.

Therefore, I'm going to offer to do the only "proper" thing.....Send me your tickets and I'll go for you all!

Yes, I know its a sacrifice, but it's one that MUST be made! I'll take one ofr the team!:p

I'm sorry it has to be this way for so many of you! I feel your pain, really I do. I am booking my next torture trip as we speak!;)

Remember, I am the only one who cares enough to endure your torture for you...send those tickets to me.:D

While that is nice of you to offer, I am leaving on my next cruise in 3 days, and I just couldn't do that to you, last minute and all!:( That would be just WAY too much pressure on you, having to be ready to sail saturday afternoon!! I'll just go ahead and go on my cruise Saturday and TRY to have a good time!!:( :D

If it was me, I would not be emailing this particular poster!:rolleyes: Hiya palindrome!:D

jc

Yup, many regret e-mailing him and wished they had not, not something you want to share over the internet. The "Captain" is just trying to recruit posters to the "other" site - which is dead and boring, which is why he keeps creating new ID's on this site...

Just 19 days to go and I had to book another cruise.:confused: oops its not with Carnival but.............its still their fault:D If we didn't have sooooo much fun on their cruises I wouldn't be in this mess.....................

Does anyone here have any good experience with Celebrity? We got a screeming deal with this awesome itinerary.

LINDA

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if any of you have had this problem but......................Here I was minding my own business last January when carnival ran this special. $377.00 for an outside room on Liberty. Well we leave in a little over 3 weeks and now I have to pack enough clothes for 1 week. I have to miss work for a week, I won't be able to clean house, do dishes, scrub toilets and listen to the darn phone for 1 whole week................. Never mind having to eat food cooked by someone else, having my bed made and my room cleaned up by someone else and no way anyone can get a hold of me by phone for 1 WHOLE WEEK......... Has anyone else had this problem?

LINDA

life would be much sweeter if my DW could learn to nag like that.......:eek:

Ya know....sometimes you just have to roll with the punches (fruit punches with a bit of alcohol) and suck it up (suck up the endless amounts of food). Try not to be such a whiner (wine taster) and just go with the flow (whichever way the ocean flows). :D

I too will be burdoned with the same epidemic in less than 8 weeks. I won't be able to work my two jobs (60 hour week), run kids to school events, clean house, do laundry, prepare dinner, grocery shop, answer phones at work or at home.....but hey - we all have to make sacrifices. ;)

On top of all the holiday stress coming up this year, I went and booked a cruise the week before Christmas. I don't know what I was thinking! How could I have added such an additional burden on top of the decorating, shopping, etc. Unfortunately I've been addicted since my 1st cruise many years ago. I've tried to give it up, but it is impossible. Even worse, my church is adding to the addiction by offering a cruise vacation next summer, that of course I won't be able to pass up!

It is going to be difficult missing work for that week. I wonder who everyone else is going to go to with their problems? Who is going to fix everyone else's mistakes? Who is going to talk the sales people down from their window ledges? The place will fall apart without me. I am REALLY going to miss the phone ringing, but what I am REALLY going to miss is that daily stress headache.

I am going to be stuck on a ship and on long beaches with a drink in my hand. I wonder if I should get a wrist guard? :cool:

What I really hate about the cruise I will be leaving on in 42 days, is that I have to spend 2 days in San Diego before the cruise. I would much rather stay home in the rain. Also I just wanted a balcony cabin, and I ended up with one of those 240 sf wrap balconys. Now I will have to spend more time outside drinking my bucket of beers. Man I just hate that.

Okay, wait - This behavior continues even when they're 20??? :eek: This upsets me more than my cruise addiction!

Yes, it continues!! Yikes! Yes, they are in collage and yes, they work too but they are still just big kids and it's like having the normal collage like they would have but instead of it being in their dorm room, IT'S IN MY HOUSE!!!!! They are good kids and always sorry (so they say) when I come out of my room to yell at them at 1 or 2am about being so rowdy but yes it does continue.

However, on the up side, my mom tells me they turn human again by about 25 and that then you aren't as stupid as you were while they were this age....lolol

Yep, my family demanded I take the luggage on a 5 day in November. Since all their stuff will be in the luggage, they're going to tag along with it.

What I'd like to know is where did the OP snag that $377 Outside deal??? I'd sure like to suffer through that deal too!

I don't know if any of you have had this problem but......................Here I was minding my own business last January when carnival ran this special. $377.00 for an outside room on Liberty. Well we leave in a little over 3 weeks and now I have to pack enough clothes for 1 week. I have to miss work for a week, I won't be able to clean house, do dishes, scrub toilets and listen to the darn phone for 1 whole week................. Never mind having to eat food cooked by someone else, having my bed made and my room cleaned up by someone else and no way anyone can get a hold of me by phone for 1 WHOLE WEEK......... Has anyone else had this problem?

LINDA

I had that same problem last year in April and will have it again in Nov. The worse part is having to sit on the Lido deck and get all that sun! I could be home in Syr NY where it will be cloudy and 40 degrees. Then have someone keep bothering me bringing me fancy drinks. I hate that! There's nothing worse than being catered to. Drop a towel-they pick it up. Stop it-I can bend! Pull my chair out at dinner?? Put my napkin on my lap for me?? Come on, what is that? I don't know why I put myself through such torture.

LOL!!! :p To add to all probs, in 3 mnths we will have the same prob but can u believe they are even making us go w/o our kids. I mean I really think its crazy that Carnival would put us thru this but I mean if they say we to do it (with prices like $600 for 2 people) and dont give us much of an option I guess we have no other choice..:cool:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Have a GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS) I dont know if any of you know or not, but I have a entertainment book (discount book www.entertainmentbook.com) they have carnival coupons in them, we save $50 off our stateroom. The reason I bring this to your attn, is because I have had this book for almost a year and have only used it like 3 times as most people I know you just forget about it, especially if you dont keep it in your car.

Archived