Upsell Fairy just called - AF to AA

lvcruises

We just accepted an upsell from NCLA on the POH from a minisuite to an Owners suite. $1400 more for the 2 of us. The room is about $14,000. I'm so nervous about it but I'm excited too.

Questions for those who have had suites before, because I never have.

1. I'm wondering if wine is included with the room. I was told by our TA that champaign was and 3 bottles of booze. I've ordered 2 bon voyage packages for the wine, but if its included I want to cancel them.

2. What about tipping? What exactly is the butler suppose to do for you?

I want to make we take full advantage of this once in a lifetime event. Its our 23 anniversary and we've been saving for a year for this. Any helpful sugguestions will be greatly appreciated.:D

Thanks to CC and all the great people out here that are willing to help with questions.

Woo-hoo! That's what I'm talkin about! What a great upsell. Yes when you arrive to cabin the butler will ask you what you want in regards to your bottles of booze- wine included. You'll have hors'ouerves every day and your mini fridge will be stocked with whatever sodas you want.

Tipping is up to you. But the butler handles everything including room service for you. So, if you use them every day I would recommend at least $10 per person per day (in addition to what automatically goes on your shipboard account for the rest of the staff). They will not accept the tip immediately- just give them the full amonut at the end. More importantly, if they are really good please fill out the comment cards to praise them- they get extra time off and such for these kind comments.

Congrats, Ivcruises. An Owner's Suite... WOW! :)

I'm on the same POH cruise as you. I'll have to stop by to see what the "luxury" life looks like.

I noticed your name from the roll call thread. You should post your big news there too. I don't want to be the only jealous person. ;)

We had that same upsell (AF to AA) in January of this year on the Star. Congrats!!!!!

Our butler was very helpful. He brought us fresh baked cookies every night and called every morning to se if there was anything special he could do for us. He served us formal dinner in our suite. Those Owners' suites are spectacular! The concierge walked us to shows, walked us to the fromt of the tender lines and set up our excursions and dinner plans. It's going to be hard sailing without them next month :(

oops,

also Wine wasn't included but the champagne, liquoir and unlimited soda and bottled water was.

I can't remember exactly how much we tipped each (butler/concierge) but we figured it out at the end based on how much they did for us. We handed it to them before leaving the ship.

We had that same upsell (AF to AA) in January of this year on the Star. Congrats!!!!!

Our butler was very helpful. He brought us fresh baked cookies every night and called every morning to se if there was anything special he could do for us. He served us formal dinner in our suite. Those Owners' suites are spectacular! The concierge walked us to shows, walked us to the fromt of the tender lines and set up our excursions and dinner plans. It's going to be hard sailing without them next month :(

Hi Shonandsuzie

Can you tell me if the AA has a hot tub on the balcony. I have the print out from the POH and it shows a hot tub. I've tried to find pictures on webshots but so far the Owner suite pictures I've found don't show a hot tub on the balcony. I'm beginning to wonder if the picture is for the A2 deluxe owner suite.

Did you get a good deal? I'm hoping the $1400 extra was.:confused:

Hi Shonandsuzie

Did you get a good deal? I'm hoping the $1400 extra was.:confused:

That sounds like a great deal. I think we paid about the same. It is definately worth it! i have a bunch of pictures of ours that I'll try to post. The suite is great but even better than that is the VIP treatment/services. You made a great decision! In retrospect, I woukd have paid even more.

We just accepted an upsell from NCLA on the POH from a minisuite to an Owners suite. $1400 more for the 2 of us. The room is about $14,000. I'm so nervous about it but I'm excited too.

Questions for those who have had suites before, because I never have.

1. I'm wondering if wine is included with the room. I was told by our TA that champaign was and 3 bottles of booze. I've ordered 2 bon voyage packages for the wine, but if its included I want to cancel them.

2. What about tipping? What exactly is the butler suppose to do for you?

I want to make we take full advantage of this once in a lifetime event. Its our 23 anniversary and we've been saving for a year for this. Any helpful sugguestions will be greatly appreciated.:D

Thanks to CC and all the great people out here that are willing to help with questions.

Enjoy!, we were upgraded to an Owners Suite on the the POA in March, we had a bottle of champagne on ice when we arrived. The Butler then asked what our preference was for liquor, we exchanged 2 of our liquor bottles for "nice bottles of wine", 3 bottles of liquor was a bit much for the two of us.

It was nice to sit on the balcony in the hot tub and enjoy Hawaii and the sunsets. We made all of our dinner reservations with the butler upon arrival and then tipped the butler $50. We were told by other CC members to tip our concierge the same but we never heard from him until day 3 (No Tip). We tipped our room steward $50 on the last day. Enjoy your room.

color]<a href=color]

There is NO Jacuzzy in the bathroom or the Balcony on the POH! You can use though the Courtyard with a little Gym, Steam Baths, Jacuzzy, Swimm against the current Pool and a huge private sun deck with Balinese Beds and Courtyard Butler Service! The rooms are just wonderful and even worth the USD 14000!

You get complimentary Sodas and Water as well as 1 bottle of chilled french Champagne and 3 full bottles of liquor! You may get as well some complimentary invitations for the speciality restaurants, VIP seating in the theater and VIP reservations for restaurants and VIP tender...

JUST ENJOY!!!!

I will be in exactley 6 weeks myself getting spoiled again on a 16 night cruise in the Deluxe Owner's Suite (with Jacuzzy on the Deck) on the Pearl!

You can use though the Courtyard with a little Gym, Steam Baths, Jacuzzy, Swimm against the current Pool and a huge private sun deck with Balinese Beds and Courtyard Butler Service!

How far away is the Courtyard? We are in 10504, looking in the 2007-2008 Brochure it seems like its quite a stroll and its on the back of the ship. Was hoping for a midnight swim.

RSWBADGER...How much do you tip the Courtyard Butler? Are drinks up there included? Did you tip the Butler $50 for the whole cruise or just the first day? I take from your room steward comment that the butler doesn't make up your room. Did this person do a good job taking care of you and the room? I've read such mixed reviews on how well they clean the rooms and would hope the suites were better taken care of.

I'm not sure if anyone has the 2007-2008 brochure but if you on page 20-21 they list the extras for he suites. They are nothing like what everyone has posted or what NCL now have on their website. I'm glad they seem to have changed them and made them more like the villas. Does anyone remember what the Bath Amenities were like?

Thanks everyone. I've really enjoyed reading your experiences.

It takes you 5 minutes to go to the mid ship elevator and go up to the Courtyard (access only with your Key). The bathroom ameneties are Frances Deney (not sure about the writing)...you will have a eye cream, moisturizing cream, lip balm, shower/bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and soaps (to be honest I do not like that stuff).

Hello again, I've been trying to find out if the cabin we have 10504 is bigger then the ones on the the 9th floor or if the pictures just aren't laid out right. It looks like the OS have twice the balcony on the 10th floor as what is on the 9th and that the room is bigger. I can't find any real sizes. I found a couple of pictures on travel.webshots, does anyone know where else I can find pictures of the Jewel class OS? Sometimes an A2 is mentioned instead of AA but when I try to look at any on the POH I get told I have to call. Just wondering if the 10th floor OS are really the A2.:confused:

I went to the travelcity link, if you go to deck 9 you can see the room and the balcony are smaller in the picture, but if you click on the details they are both exactly the same. That is why I wonder if the pictures are correct.

Breakfast at Cagneys, people post that the AA OS get to have breakfast at Cagneys and lunch, but no one posts if it is included or if you have to pay extra for it like dinner. Does any know or remember? That would be a nice perk if it was include.:D

The Deluxe Owners Suite (A2) is on Deck 15, the deck 10 Owner's Suites have a real dining alcove and are bigger then on deck 9, where the balcony is slightly bigger (not much)!

You can have Breakfast and Lunch in Cagney's, but why bother...you have a real dining room or let the Butler serve you by the pool or in the Courtyard. Dinner's you have to pay, like everybody else! Except you may get 1 or 2 invitations to dine in one of the Specialty restaurants with compliments of the Hotel Director.

Greetings from Boone, NC...

King Marcus

I finally found the 1 and only A2 up on Deck 15. A little to much baloncy space for me, We would rather have the extra space in the cabin.

Sounds like you know all about these AA-OS. Best we have ever had is a balcony, this is a big splurge for us. This is also our first NCL cruise.

Do you have any other words of wisdom for us, so that we can get the most out of this opportunity? We have early excursions many mornings so we will probably have breakfast in our room. I just wondered if we wanted to go to Cagneys if it was included an it sounds like it is. Do you remember the lunch hours for Cagneys and what they offered? If we use the butlter every day, do you think $150 for 2 for the week is fair? Do we need to tip the Room Steward extra, I guess if they do a really good job it would be the nice thing to do. The extra we are paying cuts into our spending money so I'm tryng to make sure we budget for these extra tips. Any other ones except the concierge, we will tip as we use for him/her.

Thanks for the help....Live from the Tax City of NC... Charlotte.

BTW...have you taken the flight from clt\atl\hnl. Its gonna be a long one.

The flight is not too bad! Just think about you will be in paradise afterwards and have a couple of Mai Tais on the plane...makes it easier!

I would tell the Butler exactely what you want for breakfast! The opening times vary in Cagney's for lunch, but you will have a sheet with all the infos in your Suite. You will love the deck 10 Owner's Suite!!!

That is your Suite, just that you have purple carpet! Enjoy!!!

poh_cabin_owner_ste2_web.jpg

How would you rate the food at Cagneys for Breakfast and Lunch? I found some old posts and it sounds like they offer different/interesting selections at lunch time. Are the hours pretty good...we have a couple of excursions that get back around 2ish, figure lunch there would be better than fighting the crowds at the buffet. Can you wear shorts at lunch time?

Shorts are fine and the hours as I say varry (but it will be closed by 2pm, it is more like noon to 1:30p)! The food on my cruises have been absolutely wonderful, but 1 or 2 times something will be just not to your liking...then just order something else.

After reading what others have paid for Upsells I beginning to think this might not have been the best deal. It never crossed my mind to counter offer. I just checked to see what the room went for regularly. We have it now so we will enjoy it. Guess I will know better the next time

Archived