crocs vs. flip flops

lmurf

I think that crocs are probably the most ridiculous looking shoes out there and when I see people wearing them I think to myself, hmmm....you don't have a full length mirror, do ya? ;) ....but OMG the Crocs flip flops are cute and I feel like I'm walking on little clouds....ahhhh. :D

Laura

okay :)

My choice of comfortable shoes that are the most comfortable I have ever worn are Born shoes. Once you put those puppies on it is like heaven for the feet. They have everything from flops and sandals to dress shoes. I have never tried Crocs, but I am betting that Born are even more comfortable.

My choice of comfortable shoes that are the most comfortable I have ever worn are Born shoes. Once you put those puppies on it is like heaven for the feet. They have everything from flops and sandals to dress shoes. I have never tried Crocs, but I am betting that Born are even more comfortable.

I had a pair of born shoes and I agree they were totally comfy. Unfortunately I got them from Wal Mart and they fell apart after 2 weeks. I haven't looked for them since. It's to bad though, they looked very nice too.

Crocs every time. Flipflops hurt between my toes. My crocs were blessing when i was recovering from a broken ankle and they are great to wear when travelling if your feet tend to swell.

Hi Flora. Actually I bought mine as well as a pair for DH specifically for our cruise in October. It will be easier for us both to go through airport security and will serve us well on that long flight to Rome. Beth

Crocs can be dangerous for kids. ;) Mine wear flip flops

Warning, link is graphic.

Well, seeing as the ORIGINAL Croc is called Beach as they were intended as a beach/ocean shoe...

Last time I checked, there are no escalators on the beach, nor I don't believe there are any on the cruise ships.

And more so, statistically, there are far more accidents on escalators with flip flops or other open backed shoes.

And, on top of that, the highest amount of accidents both children and adult, come from sneakers or shoes that are untied.

While Crocs may pose some threat to the general well being of anyone, I SERIOUSLY doubt they pose more of a threat than any other shoe. Especially five year old tromping around in 2 inch heels, which I see all the time.

Bravo, Storm! Excellent response, IMHO.

For those who would never try them - your loss. No problem, mon. I doubt I'll wear much else, what with all the styles they have now. BTW, I still don't own a pair of the origionals, but I hope to! 4 pairs of Athens, one capri, and one of the strap sandal (can't remember the name) and have many more on my wish list.;)

Just thinking of crocs makes me nauseous. They're hideous and as far as I'm concerned, a fashion faux pas.

And though I might "think" that wearing a mini blue jean skirt with a black top in the dining room might be a fashion faux pas, I would never tell you that I thought it was hideous or that you would make me feel nauseaus if I were to see you in that. I think that we can all give our opinions without being "fashion arrogant" and give this site a bit more class vs cheapening it with flaming opinions. When you address those who have just finished saying they have major foot problems, and find Crocs to be a miracle, or that they just love to wear them for the comfort, and you come on with such strong statements.......you are attacking the person as much as the Crocs. We are talking about showing a little respect for your fellow CC'ers here, Or do you just not get it. :( gg

There are many things that determine what folks wear important to them.

I would love to wear 3in. heels but at 68 with 4E width feet and bad knees and hips I don't think so.

I do wear the flip-flops Crocs as they have a good arch support which I must have and are extra wide. Last cruise my feet were so swollen I wore Black Patent Birgenstocks to dinner no choice.

So do I care what someone else wears? NO I just sometimes wish it was me with those cute high heels sandals.

Rapsodyme

I used to be one of those that said I would never in a million years wear Crocs, but once I tried the Cleos I changed my tune!!! I LOVE THEM. they are purple and black and are the cutest and most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I wear them to work everytime I wear jeans or shorts and I wear them all weekend long. I'll be wearing them when we leave for our cruise in 3 weeks. It'll be so much easier going through security as well as look adorable with my jean capris :D There are so many different styles out there now that just about everyone will find one to suit their needs.

Give them a try.. your feet will thank you.

I was never much interested in crocs - I wear flip flops - until I started reading the info for some of my snorkeling excursions. I was considering them at a kiosk at the mall where they were $15, and then I found a pair of faux crocs at the 5 & Under store for $5 so I got them to wear to protect my feet at and around the beach. Now I'm thinking they might also be good at the airport too. But I'm still wearing the jeweled flip flops with my dresses at night.

I had a pair of born shoes and I agree they were totally comfy. Unfortunately I got them from Wal Mart and they fell apart after 2 weeks. I haven't looked for them since. It's to bad though, they looked very nice too.

If you got them from Wal Mart, and they fell apart, I doubt they were real Born Shoes. The average Born sandal is around $70.

Just thinking of crocs makes me nauseous. They're hideous and as far as I'm concerned, a fashion faux pas.

Some day you will look back and see how silly it was to be so shallow when judging fashion. I like to dress neat but am no slave to trends etc..

Crocs come in many styles, and I bet you would never really notice my navy blue crocs with no holes when wearing jeans. I also have a couple of other neutral colors.

I think that those huge black gucci style sunglasses that so many women wear are really goofy (like really do you WANT to look like Paris Hilton?) but they don't cause me gastric distress.:D

MAC

Did we finally reach a consensus about crocs vs flip flops?

I hate both- to be honest-my hubby likes wearing flip flops by the pool though. His pair is made of suede and only the sole is rubber so they are not so cheezy looking.

From the OP.

I answered that I think they are ridiculous looking on anyone over six years old.

Or is my opinion not as valid as those who like crocs?

No, I would not wear them as there are other shoes more comfortable that are much more fashionable and easier on the eye.

There are several pages of responses here that should help with your decision. You can listen to those who've actually worn Crocs or you can let the *opinions* of those who never have/will sway you. With dozens of styles now available from Crocs there truly is a style for virtually any occasion. Choose what works best for you and don't let the self-appointed fashion police intimidate you.

As others have stated, the Crocs flip flops are awesome, so you wouldn't necessarily have to choose ;)

I'm one of the ones who don't like the original Crocs (the ones with the holes on top). I've heard they're very comfy so I'm not one to judge. To each his own right? No one is making me wear the original ones. I did, however, buy a pair of the Capri flip flops. They are SUPER comfy!! I love them!

Archived