Golf Simulator on AOS

dwdowns

I have heard that there are Golf Simulators on the Voyager class ships. Is this so and has anyone used the one on Adventure. I have never done this but always thought it would be fun. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

There is one on AOS. I did not use it as I had a hard time finding someone to do it with me and did not feel like doing it by myself. There is a charge for it, but it is not too high (I forget the amount). I have done a golf simulator on land before and they are pretty cool.

I have heard that there are Golf Simulators on the Voyager class ships. Is this so and has anyone used the one on Adventure. I have never done this but always thought it would be fun. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

From the RCI website:

Golf Simulator s.gif

Want to get ready for a big game at the next port? If you're sailing on a Voyager or Radiance-family ship, we've got just the thing to help you work out that slice. Our realistic golf simulator is a great tool for perfecting your game. And it's a whole lot of fun, too. A small fee is required.

From the RCI website:

Golf Simulator s.gif

Want to get ready for a big game at the next port? If you're sailing on a Voyager or Radiance-family ship, we've got just the thing to help you work out that slice. Our realistic golf simulator is a great tool for perfecting your game. And it's a whole lot of fun, too. A small fee is required.

I think the OP wanted some feedback from someone who has actually DONE it.

I was asking (from someone who had done it) how much it costs. 'A small fee required' isn't all that helpful.

Thanks for the info, Paula you are right I would like to hear from someone who has actually done this. We are going on Adventure 9/9/07 and I am getting the pre cruise excitement so want to know everything about AOS.The golf simulator seems to not be talked about much, so I thought it may not be very good.

Thanks for the info, Paula you are right I would like to hear from someone who has actually done this. We are going on Adventure 9/9/07 and I am getting the pre cruise excitement so want to know everything about AOS.The golf simulator seems to not be talked about much, so I thought it may not be very good.

Well I am no golfer, but my husband is, and he really enjoyed the golf simulator on the Grand Princess. I assume they are all about the same, but I really don't know. He said you could play like 40 different courses, Pebble Beach, etc., that are supposed to simulate the real thing. On the Grand, there were a couple benches where people could sit and watch if they wanted. I looked at our seapass account from that trip, and it was $50 in 2005. We are booked on Voyager in January 08 (our first on RCI) so I am sure hubby will want to try it again.

Hopefully there is someone here who has actually done it on a Voyager class vessel and give us some feedback.

They had a long drive contest at the simulator on both our AOS cruise in 2003 and our Explorer cruise in 2006. Didn't get to do it on the Explorer as they scheduled it for dinner time.

I believe you could rent the simulator for around $25 for an hour or 1/2 hour I don't remember which.

I love golf and being a northerner by March I'm ready to play but I don't think I would really get the satisfaction in the simulator that I do on the course. Plenty of other things to do than to hole up in a dark room when you could be out in the sun.

thanks again Paula and WhiteSox Fan. I will probably get in on the long drive contest and see how that goes. I just can't wait to be back on a ship. This will be our first time on AOS. Really looking forward to it.

I Did the Closest to the Pin Contest (Free) on Liberty of the Seas a couple of weeks ago. There is also a Longest Drive Contest..

Here's my description of the Simulator..

The room is a largish rectangular black room. One of the "short" walls is actually a screen that the "hole" is projected onto.. The screen is flexible and you shoot the ball into it..

You use regular clubs and balls...

I can confirm the 25 fee but on LOS it was good for an hour and you could have a foursome split the cost..

I have no idea how putting is handled by the software... Perhaps another poster could help....

Our contest had about 15 folks and the hole picked was a par 3 where everyone got 3 tries from the tee to get closest to the hole...

Thanks Triddirt, the long drive and closest to the pin sound like fun. I agreee with the OP that I probably wouldn't want to stay in there for an extended amount of time with all the other activities. It sure is better than the chipping contests on ships without simulators. You chip to a very small floating mat in the pool. thanks again.

We used the golf simulator on the AOS and it was great! We had been on 6 previous cruises, but this is the first time we used it. We signed up two days before in the inline skating office (next door). The four of us got an hour session for $25. I would reccomend it.

Archived