Darn Darn Darn -- 8/19/07 Carnival Valor Change

coofie

I have read all four pages on here and have yet to see anyone mention the other part of Carnival's port policy:

Coofie can cancel at no charge in the next 18 hours (yes, without insurance) and get all his cruise money back. Carnival posted the itinerary change at 10 am this morning (6 hours ago) and the cruise has not yet departed. Or Coofie can accept the altered itinerary with no other compensation. Your decision might depend on other costs you would have for airfare or hotels, but it's your option to take it or leave it and the clock is ticking.

http://carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/port_cancellation_policy.aspx

I still want to know if Coofie will take advantage of this option...as in put up or shut up.

No some of us live in the real world and deal with that. You book during hurricane season then you take your chances. Simple as that. It is one thing to express disappointment. It's another to come on here and blame the cruise line for a hurricane.

My DH and I have booked a cruise to Europe next September during hurricane season. Since this is hurricane season and apparently Carnival will be to blame for any and all hurricanes, can I just start my suit now, get the messy work out of the way :eek:

I totally pray for your souls. (Actually, that is going to be a waste as you obviously are all atheists!)

For those of you who have posted nasty, hurtful comments, I really feel sorry for you. YOU are the most pathetic group of people who have nothing better to do with your lives and time than to spew nastiness and crap out of your mouth -- there is NO mouthwash strong enough. GET A LIFE!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

The rest of you -- may you each reap tenfold what you sow.

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

WARNING: THIS BULLETIN BOARD IS FOR CARNIVAL OWNERS ONLY. OTHERS BEWARE OF GROTESQUELY DEFORMED GUARD DOG(S)!

You all are so sad... so sad!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still want to know if Coofie will take advantage of this option...as in put up or shut up.

I want to put the full text up so he doesnt miss it.

If Carnival Cruise Lines ("Carnival") has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary, it will promptly upon making the itinerary change notify passengers of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct booking ("the Notice"). The Notice shall offer passengers an opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty within 24 hours of the delivery of the Notice. Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled booking or substituted port. In the event a passenger does not cancel his or her cruise on a timely basis, no additional compensation for the itinerary change will be offered to the passenger at a later time.

In the event the itinerary change becomes necessary while the ship is at sea or when notice prior to sailing is not feasible, Carnival shall attempt to substitute an alternative port. Carnival shall promptly provide written notice of the itinerary change to the passengers as well as announcing the change in the Carnival Capers and via the public address system. No compensation shall be provided to passengers when an alternative port is offered.\

If safety, scheduling or other concerns prevent the ship from calling on an alternative port, Carnival shall promptly provide written notice of the elimination of the scheduled port to the passengers as well as announcing the change in the Carnival Capers and via the public address system. The written notice shall also offer a shipboard credit of $20.00 (U.S.D.) per person to be reflected on the sail and sign account.

Nothing herein shall affect the passenger's ability to exercise the Vacation Guarantee on sailings where it applies.

I totally pray for your souls. (Actually, that is going to be a waste as you obviously are all atheists!)

For those of you who have posted nasty, hurtful comments, I really feel sorry for you. YOU are the most pathetic group of people who have nothing better to do with your lives and time than to spew nastiness and crap out of your mouth -- there is NO mouthwash strong enough. GET A LIFE!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

(FYI, not only is my family of 5 on this trip, but I have paid for 4 additional cabins of 3-4 adults/children per cabin as a gift to some local families who have donated their time, lives and homes to those less fortunate than themselves -- NOT that it's any of your narrow-minded, self-centered and self-rightous business -- and I do this every year (but not always a cruise)!!).

WARNING: THIS BULLETIN BOARD IS FOR CARNIVAL OWNERS ONLY. OTHERS BEWARE OF GROTESQUELY DEFORMED GUARD DOG(S)!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for your own sad soul, mine is just fine thank you very much.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He made a funny!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds to me like you are in need of some "substitute an "A" for the I in twit" BIG TIME!!!

Easy for you and the rest of you nasty "substitute AN "A" for the I in twits" to "talk" like that on a COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you somewhat impaired? Because if so, that would explain a lot.

That some people are oblivious to others feelings! I understand Coofies point (not the way he /she expressed it) Of course Coofie knows Carnival isn't responsible for the weather (right ?). He/She is upset at the plans that were made and now have to be scrapped (understandable) and I am sure (at least I think I am) If Coofie could have vented his/her anger in a different way then Coofie would have (right?)

Only someone who has no capacity for empathy would not be concerned for people who have been or are now in the path of destruction (whether it be Mother Nature or man made (yes I am talking of 911)), and I DO NOT believe that describes anybody on these boards (or at least I hope not.yes maybe I'm Naive but I choose to be)

Now please can everybody just see cruising for what it is...a Luxury, something that is chosen if some people have become disenchanted with it or a cruiseline so be it....but please understand no one is entitled to anything....where a luxury is concerned

Coofie whatever you decide I hope you enjoy your vacation and thanks for the heads up on the itinerary change....The rest of us

lets get back to enjoying our Carnival Cruises!!!(planning on the Glory in May'08):D

Are you somewhat impaired? Because if so, that would explain a lot.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, folks, this has been TOTALLY REAL. I SO appreciate this fond trip down JUNIOR HIGH memory lane.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morris619-- thank you!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start with your own soul. You started this thread with a plethora of nasty comments about a cruise line who has no control over the weather.

And I think it is wonderful of you to take families who might not be able to afford a vacation with you. However I'm getting the feeling that you will be looking for a reward of some kind for your "good" deeds.:rolleyes:

The Carnival Valor departing 8/19/07 from Miami is NO LONGER GOING to the Western Caribbean!!

We have been diverted as follows:

SUN 08/19/07 MIAMI 07:00AM 4:00PM

MON 08/20/07 NASSAU 07:00AM 2:00PM

TUE 08/21/07 AT SEA

WED 08/22/07 ST. THOMAS 09:00AM 6:00PM

THU 08/23/07 ST. MAARTEN 07:00AM 6:00PM

FRI 08/24/07 AT SEA

SAT 08/25/07 AT SEA

SUN 08/26/07 MIAMI 06:00AM

This TOTALLY sucks. The same exact thing happened to my family of 5 last year on the 8/26-9/2/06 Carnival Glory and we visited the same exact ports. This is RIDICULOUS -- there are other ports available to Carnival, but it appears they have once again taken the easy way out. Last year we got a big fat $25/pp cabin credit (they HAVE to give each passenger $20 for not replacing a port visit). Just got off the phone with a supervisor who told me Carnival is offering NO COMPENSATION!!!

This will be my LAST Carnival cruise if that is the case.

CALL TO COMPLAIN!!

Also, mostly all Carnival ships are being diverted, so if you are leaving within the next few days, call to check!

Oh good grief! So, you want to sail on the original itinerary in a hurricane? Not me! I'd take the new itinerary in a hearbeat. Of course they aren't offering you any compensation. You're still getting a cruise and to much safer locations. To expect them to do anything other than what they are is ridiculous. Next time, don't book during hurricane season, on any line! Unreal. :rolleyes:

That some people are oblivious to others feelings! I understand Coofies point (not the way he /she expressed it) Of course Coofie knows Carnival isn't responsible for the weather (right ?). He/She is upset at the plans that were made and now have to be scrapped (understandable) and I am sure (at least I think I am) If Coofie could have vented his/her anger in a different way then Coofie would have (right?)

Only someone who has no capacity for empathy would not be concerned for people who have been or are now in the path of destruction (whether it be Mother Nature or man made (yes I am talking of 911)), and I DO NOT believe that describes anybody on these boards (or at least I hope not.yes maybe I'm Naive but I choose to be)

Now please can everybody just see cruising for what it is...a Luxury, something that is chosen if some people have become disenchanted with it or a cruiseline so be it....but please understand no one is entitled to anything....where a luxury is concerned

Coofie whatever you decide I hope you enjoy your vacation and thanks for the heads up on the itinerary change....The rest of us

lets get back to enjoying our Carnival Cruises!!!(planning on the Glory in May'08):D

THANK YOU!

What I want in return is for someone else to "PAY IT FORWARD," AND to continue seeing the pleasure derived by the people who benefit from others' GENEROSITY AND GOOD SPIRIT.

Am done here.

To those of you who offered kind and sensitive comments, thank you.

To the rest of you...

........................................................................................................

I am very understanding of the disappointment.... And I have empathy for those that have their plans changed. But you have to take a LITTLE responsibility for when you book... and be able to go with the flow. Had the OP just said "hey, i'm disappointed but we're still going to have a great time", it would have been different. But no, the OP said to call Carnival and complain, that they would never cruise Carnival again, that this was ridiculous, etc etc. It wasn't something worthy of my sympathy. I feel for anyone that has their plans changed... I feel more for the people directly impacted by the storm... THAT is who is getting MY sympathy, not someone who has had their VACATION mildly altered.

Usually the Eastern itinerary costs extra. Im doing a western on another cruise line because it is $200 less pp than Eastern, even though Iv done Western more often, its not worth $200 pp when we dont care that much about the ports.

Id trade you for my ports lol.

I think this is because some posters were suggesting lack of perspective, not understanding what real tragedy is, etc....

Thanks. I was just curious about other cruiselines because the OP suggested that lack of compensation was the reason she'd never cruise Carnival again.

I don't think they should give anything, personally, though I do think it's to their and their passengers' benefit to simply make it very clear up front (yes, I know it's in the contract) that these sorts of things happen, that that's just part of the game of booking a cruise.

On the other hand, maybe they could afford to give more substantial 'public relations' reimbursements in these sorts of instances if they stopped giving away refunds and OBC everytime the price drops on a cruise someone's already booked! That I do not understand. I mean, I'd take it if they want to give it to me, but I think it's foolish for them to do so.

I totally agree Leo Jay....perhaps they "give" a credit to those who go looking for it at times? I mean, they may want to appease an irate cruiser and if $20 or $25 will do it, it might be worth it to them.

I just posted this to another thread, not in reply to anyone in particular - but here, let me post it as a direct reply to you and your absurd post.

I don't want to be melodramatic, but this whole "Dean drama" reminds me of the post-Katrina itinerary changes and cruise cancellations. I was evacuated from my house in NOLA for several weeks, the first weeks not knowing if we had homes or jobs to go back to, and hundreds of people here at Cruise Critic were complaining so bitterly about missing a port or having to rebook a cancelled cruise - you would think their lives had been completely ruined. There were a few times I sat at the computer and cried while reading the threads of people whining and outraged that "their vacation was ruined" because all I could think of was gee, my whole CITY is ruined - get over it! Then Wilma hit and again, while the people of Cozumel had to deal with the aftermath, cruisers were on here griping about not getting to go to the beach they wanted to go to.

Yes, we save up for these vacations, and we want them to go smoothly. But sometimes life gets in the way - especially when you sail during hurricane season! I think people need to realize that these storms can seriously impact people's lives - not just this month, but for years to come. If you end up missing a port, or having to go to a less desirable port, or even having your entire cruise cancelled - please try to keep things in perspective and just be thankful it was your cruise itinerary and not your HOME that was in the path of a dangerous storm.

Bravo!!! So well said & true!! We're not worthy!!

Start with your own soul. You started this thread with a plethora of nasty comments about a cruise line who has no control over the weather.

And I think it is wonderful of you to take families who might not be able to afford a vacation with you. However I'm getting the feeling that you will be looking for a reward of some kind for your "good" deeds.:rolleyes:

It is probably a tax right off :eek:

There is another poster who is on the same sailing that you are on. At no time did he bash Carnival for this problem, nor did he say he would never go again on Carnival, nor did he ask for money.

All he did was state that the ports have changed and what can he do in St. Thomas (He had been there before) and St. Maarten. That thread is still going with no bad remarks being made.

You are rude and your soul really needs help not mine. Thank you very much!

Linda

Now lets get this thread removed.

I just posted this to another thread, not in reply to anyone in particular - but here, let me post it as a direct reply to you and your absurd post.

I don't want to be melodramatic, but this whole "Dean drama" reminds me of the post-Katrina itinerary changes and cruise cancellations. I was evacuated from my house in NOLA for several weeks, the first weeks not knowing if we had homes or jobs to go back to, and hundreds of people here at Cruise Critic were complaining so bitterly about missing a port or having to rebook a cancelled cruise - you would think their lives had been completely ruined. There were a few times I sat at the computer and cried while reading the threads of people whining and outraged that "their vacation was ruined" because all I could think of was gee, my whole CITY is ruined - get over it! Then Wilma hit and again, while the people of Cozumel had to deal with the aftermath, cruisers were on here griping about not getting to go to the beach they wanted to go to.

Yes, we save up for these vacations, and we want them to go smoothly. But sometimes life gets in the way - especially when you sail during hurricane season! I think people need to realize that these storms can seriously impact people's lives - not just this month, but for years to come. If you end up missing a port, or having to go to a less desirable port, or even having your entire cruise cancelled - please try to keep things in perspective and just be thankful it was your cruise itinerary and not your HOME that was in the path of a dangerous storm.

I could not agree more!!!

Bottom line is that if you book (at very good rates) during Hurricane season you need to be prepared for change. Everyone alway's get's in a tizzy when their cruise is Projected to be effected by a storm. You should have known this when you booked! Relax and just enjoy your cruise...that is what I do. I always book during the first part of Oct. knowing full well that things can and will change if a storm is in the region.

What I want in return is for someone else to "PAY IT FORWARD," AND to continue seeing the pleasure derived by the people who benefit from others' GENEROSITY AND GOOD SPIRIT.

Am done here.

To those of you who offered kind and sensitive comments, thank you.

To the rest of you...

........................................................................................................

Where is the generosity and good spirit? Not sure what you are talking about... because YOU have not exhibited ANY generosity and certainly not "good spirit", quite the opposite.

And we DID pay it forward... you came on here with a vicious post spewing venom about how you were never going to cruise Carnival again... and as you can see, we all paid it forward by responding in somewhat a similar manner. I guess it is true that you reap what you sow.

Archived