Cornhole Competition -- warning, photo attached!

Thirsty Cruiser

.....what exactly does your picture have

to do with anything?

:confused:

Easy, looks like some one tailgating, playing corn hole and drinking beer. Very, very popular in Ohio - people have signs out in front of their houses advertising home-made ones for sale. We play it quite frequently - very addicting!

Washers is very similar - we have made a set of both. I guess we make our own entertainment here??

Im originally from Brooklyn New York, the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred

Originally from the Bronx, asked a few others and they too, thought it " might" be an inference for something no decent Carnival folks would partake in:D Glad to know, we were wrong !:p

Instead of dried corn I used pinto beans.

You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

Section B. Off The Courts - Any ACA member who indulges in heckling, unfair rooting, or any other form of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any ACA member or tournament official, shall be subject to expulsion from the tournament and the tournament site. This covers any inappropriate behavior (including profane or abusive language) in, or around, the court area. The use of any item other then an official Cornhole Bag will totally disqualify you, items not to be used are (Pinto Bean Bags and Beer Bottle Cap Bag) The member shall also be subject to a one year suspension from the ACA.

You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

Section B. Off The Courts - Any ACA member who indulges in heckling, unfair rooting, or any other form of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any ACA member or tournament official, shall be subject to expulsion from the tournament and the tournament site. This covers any inappropriate behavior (including profane or abusive language) in, or around, the court area. The use of any item other then an official Cornhole Bag will totally disqualify you, items not to be used are (Pinto Bean Bags and Beer Bottle Cap Bag) The member shall also be subject to a one year suspension from the ACA.

Dang - I guess I have to sit on the bench :D

This is too funny.....I showed this to my DH tonight because I have never seen it before. He took one look and said a bunch of guys were playing this all last weekend at the NASCAR campgrounds in Watkins Glen. He was laughing because the guys were all smashed while playing.

LoL..........Guess the funs over......! The games getting to well known!

I've always gotten a real bang out of telling my co-workers about how my Family, back in the hills of Indiana, play a little game called Corn Hole...:eek:

(yes along the Ohio River, Indiana does have hills)

They even have Tournaments at the 4-H fair and the (are you ready for this) Navy Bean Festival !

Even as a native Buckeye, I had never heard of it (as a game at least:eek:) until I moved South. Down here, they even have signs on telephone poles advertising cornhole bags for sale. I've never played it, but it's good to see the actual rules posted!

:) Attention: News Flash!

Today the world of tournament corn hole was turned upside down when champion Gary Bittawiener received a lifetime ban by the International Tournament of Corn Holers, the governing body of worldwide Corn Hole tournaments. ITCH spokeswoman Sarah Broomwad stated that the lifetime suspension was not related to the disqualification of Gary during this years championship qualifying round but was because of use of a banned substance.

Gary, the winner of the last six international corn hole tournaments, was disqualified when his corn bag burst during a toss effectively spilling the beans. Gary was apparently using beanbags instead of corn bags during the tournament. Per ITCH rules and regulations chairperson, Nick Noogie, beanbags are banned due to their unfair advantage over corn bags. “Beans are more aerodynamic.” Nick explained. “Because of their rounded oblong shape of beans they fly through the air more cleanly as than the almost square shape of the corn kernel. They also provide less friction when hitting the corn hole. This and because this is a corn bag tournament and not a bean bag tournament they are banned in ITCH sanctioned tournaments.” Gary, in a statement to the press, claimed that he had picked up a beanbag that he had used during practice by mistake. “I would never knowingly do anything to undermine the credibility of a sanctioned corn hole competition. I think the disqualification was overly harsh and I plan to appeal.” Gary pledged.

During the appeals hearing it was brought up that Gary had also used the banned drug “Eyeballscoopie” during the competition resulting in the life time ban by the ITCH committee that was hearing the appeal.

Eyeballscoopie is a drug that increases pressure inside the eyeball chamber causing the cornea to bulge forward as much a three inches. This gives the user an advantage in corn holing because their eyes are in affect three inches closer to the target than other competitors.

In a statement Gary plans to appeal the appeal that he had appealed

Will "Laddergolf" (also known as Hillbilly Golf and Hoosier Golf) be next? I hope so! :D

Sher

I love this game. We play it at campgrounds and call it ladderball, but heard it called other things. Keep saying we are going to make one, but have never got around it. Someone told me they have it at there walmart, but ours doesnt carry it. Luckily for us, our camping buddies bring it, other ones bring Bocce, maybe we need to invest in cornhole.:p

:) Attention: News Flash!

Today the world of tournament corn hole was turned upside down when champion Gary Bittawiener received a lifetime ban by the International Tournament of Corn Holers, the governing body of worldwide Corn Hole tournaments. ITCH spokeswoman Sarah Broomwad stated that the lifetime suspension was not related to the disqualification of Gary during this years championship qualifying round but was because of use of a banned substance.

Gary, the winner of the last six international corn hole tournaments, was disqualified when his corn bag burst during a toss effectively spilling the beans. Gary was apparently using beanbags instead of corn bags during the tournament. Per ITCH rules and regulations chairperson, Nick Noogie, beanbags are banned due to their unfair advantage over corn bags. “Beans are more aerodynamic.” Nick explained. “Because of their rounded oblong shape of beans they fly through the air more cleanly as than the almost square shape of the corn kernel. They also provide less friction when hitting the corn hole. This and because this is a corn bag tournament and not a bean bag tournament they are banned in ITCH sanctioned tournaments.” Gary, in a statement to the press, claimed that he had picked up a beanbag that he had used during practice by mistake. “I would never knowingly do anything to undermine the credibility of a sanctioned corn hole competition. I think the disqualification was overly harsh and I plan to appeal.” Gary pledged.

During the appeals hearing it was brought up that Gary had also used the banned drug “Eyeballscoopie” during the competition resulting in the life time ban by the ITCH committee that was hearing the appeal.

Eyeballscoopie is a drug that increases pressure inside the eyeball chamber causing the cornea to bulge forward as much a three inches. This gives the user an advantage in corn holing because their eyes are in affect three inches closer to the target than other competitors.

In a statement Gary plans to appeal the appeal that he had appealed

LMAO:D

This new development occured just as Gary was recovering from from the injury sustained when he boogered his toe at the foul line on the last toss of a game that was nip and tuck, luckily Gary pulled this one out just in the nick of time. I have it on good authority that Gary will wait out the appeal at the home of his good friend Marty Feldman in Titusville.

LMAO:D

This new development occured just as Gary was recovering from from the injury sustained when he boogered his toe at the foul line on the last toss of a game that was nip and tuck, luckily Gary pulled this one out just in the nick of time. I have it on good authority that Gary will wait out the appeal at the home of his good friend Marty Feldman in Titusville.

I don’t see what the big deal is. So he was caught using a banned drug, big deal. If ITCH banned all drugs in corn holing then half of the top players would go back to tossing washers. I don’t know of a corn holer who doesn’t at least take a swig of Jack Daniel’s before toeing the line. I mean he wasn’t even trying to hide it. It’s quite obvious when your eyes are bulging out so far that you can’t even shut your eyelids. It’s debatable whether the drug ‘Eyeballscoopie” even gives a player an unfair advantage. It’s not rampant like in professional horseshoes where they take the drug with ***** to get their eyes to bulge out even further.

:confused:

Never heard of it either! Now we have a Californian, Floridian and Mainer who don't know what it is...where is "cornhole" from?

Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio- and they play it here in Iowa too.

Coming from Texas- we had never heard of it. When it was explained it's a lot like horseshoes, but we would have called it "bean bag toss" (except it's a corn bag)

Archived