Discussion: CC Amenities vs. Suite Amenities

CatServants

I am trying to decide if for $80pp more, we should move from a reg balcony (2A) to a CC? They are the same size on Century and I may have a cabin with a large balcony than the CC's. Do you get priority tender? This may e a lost cause as we will have teenagers in an inside so would have to tender with them. What is the differance in the soap/shampoo?

Don't know about any differences in the soap/shampoo, but... We had Priority Tender tickets on our last X cruise and just for s&g's (not a surprise to anyone who's read any of my posts) I asked what would happen if we were traveling with people who didn't have Priority tickets - was informed it really depends upon the crew member. The woman said she would allow family to tender with the PT ticket holder but others might not. So...(I'm going to get fried for suggesting you hope to have the rules broken for you but...), explain that these are your children and I'll bet you'll be allowed to "priority" tender together. On the other hand - we didn't find "priority" tendering to be all that "priority" (just a nice lounge in which to wait).:rolleyes:

For those who are going to (rightly) scold me for suggesting that someone hope to break the rules - you're right! A cooperative works best when we are all aware of, and adhere to, the rules - plus there's that whole "slippery slope" thing. But we're not talking about Lounge Hogs. I figure people have a very different perspective when it involves their children. Yes, I know that I should say, "blow off the Priority Tender. Travel with your kids". But I'm a softie. Go ahead...scold me!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

Don't know about any differences in the soap/shampoo, but... We had Priority Tender tickets on our last X cruise and just for s&g's (not a surprise to anyone who's read any of my posts) I asked what would happen if we were traveling with people who didn't have Priority tickets - was informed it really depends upon the crew member. The woman said she would allow family to tender with the PT ticket holder but others might not. So...(I'm going to get fried for suggesting you hope to have the rules broken for you but...), explain that these are your children and I'll bet you'll be allowed to "priority" tender together. On the other hand - we didn't find "priority" tendering to be all that "priority" (just a nice lounge in which to wait).:rolleyes:

For those who are going to (rightly) scold me for suggesting that someone hope to break the rules - you're right! A cooperative works best when we are all aware of, and adhere to, the rules - plus there's that whole "slippery slope" thing. But we're not talking about Lounge Hogs. I figure people have a very different perspective when it involves their children. Yes, I know that I should say, "blow off the Priority Tender. Travel with your kids". But I'm a softie. Go ahead...scold me!;)

Happy cruising!

Denise

So, there is a lounge area on the Century for CC and up to wait? I am only asking because I hear stories about there being at least an hour wait to tender? I bet their are a lot of folks in Suites etc with teenagers across the hall. I am sure some who paid for the PH would want their kids across the hall to disembark with them?

I am still not clear what is on one breakfast menu vs another, and whether one can write in "Cheese plate" even if they are in a inside cabin?

Free Laundry, Neptune Lounge and breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill are enough for me. Compared to the SS (to your definition, not a suite as its not two rooms), the HAL Cate S are superior to the Celebrity SS, and the HAL PH's are comparable to the larger Celebrity suites,

I was wrong about that and I apologize. I posted a similar thread in the HAL forum and someone listed their suite amenities and they were surprisingly similar to Celebrity minus the butler.

However, that wasn't my definition of a suite, I got it from the Berlitz cruise guide.

So, there is a lounge area on the Century for CC and up to wait? I am only asking because I hear stories about there being at least an hour wait to tender? I bet their are a lot of folks in Suites etc with teenagers across the hall. I am sure some who paid for the PH would want their kids across the hall to disembark with them?

I am still not clear what is on one breakfast menu vs another, and whether one can write in "Cheese plate" even if they are in a inside cabin?

Ummmmm. The "lounge" we waited in was Michael's Club with other suite/CC pax. I don't remember how we knew to wait there, maybe it was on the tickets. We only waited about 10-15 minutes and we were made very comfortable. I don't remember seeing a single child/teen on our cruise (it was Sep/Oct), I assume they were all in school. But as I said in my previous post, the crew member I spoke with said she lets families stick together. I have to believe NO ONE would expect parents to tender separate of their children (even teens!).

As for the CC breakfast menu - it's pretty famous and rightly so. Cruise (pun intended) the boards to find a link to the menu - I'll try to find the link too.

Cheese Plate - can be ordered through room service.

Happy cruising!

Denise

As for the CC breakfast menu - it's pretty famous and rightly so. Cruise (pun intended) the boards to find a link to the menu - I'll try to find the link too. Denise

I found a link to the CC breakfast menu. It's very different than the menu your teens will have. Davefr was generous enough to post it for another menu searcher on a different thread. You can find it on page 3 of the "What's the Deal" thread. Post # 59. I would transfer it to this thread for you , but my computer skills...:rolleyes:. Sorry.

Happy cruising!

Denise

I found a link to the CC breakfast menu. It's very different than the menu your teens will have. Davefr was generous enough to post it for another menu searcher on a different thread. You can find it on page 3 of the "What's the Deal" thread. Post # 59. I would transfer it to this thread for you , but my computer skills...:rolleyes:. Sorry.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Thanks Denise!

Denise, I found it from July 30th. To post a thread, once you find it, you need to cut/past the link at the top of your page http://

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=599855

#6 report.gif

post_old.gif July 30th, 2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cote d'or

Here's the cc breakfast menu. Hope this helps :

ccbreakfast1nd5.jpgccbreakfast2pe9.jpg

Thanks !!!

So, my question, where is a copy of the regular menu? This one looks a lot like the one on HAL (no smoothies listed but I know I penciled in "Breakfast Parfait" and I got one - on HAL). The bananas sound good.

Are the only additions the ones on the first page, includng the Parfait and smoothies?

So, my question, where is a copy of the regular menu? This one looks a lot like the one on HAL (no smoothies listed but I know I penciled in "Breakfast Parfait" and I got one - on HAL). The bananas sound good.

Are the only additions the ones on the first page, includng the Parfait and smoothies?

Jade13 - Thanks for the info - no problem for me with e-mail/docs, I just didn't have the courage to mess up the boards. But "Faint Heart" and all that.

Now, you're absolutely correct. There is a different menu. I'm holding a copy in my hands right now. If only I knew how to use my scanner??? I know I pulled mine off these boards - let me do a little more research and get back to you.

Denise

I REALLY FOUND IT!! Thanks to Kyrisong1!

CC BREAKFAST MENU

If you would like to enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your stateroom tomorrow, please complete this order form by indicating the number of orders for each item. Please clip or hand it on the outside of your stateroom door before retiring for the evening.

Concierge Class Signature Dishes

___Granola Berry Parfait

___French Toast Finger with Marmalade Butter

___Baked Bananas

___Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Asparagus Spears

___Sunrise Fritata

___Russian Sevruga Caviar (30 gr. Jar) with

Traditional Trimmings - $44.50

Concierge Class Smoothies

___Mixed Fruit Smoothie

___Strawberry Smoothie

___Blueberry-Watermelon Smoothie

___Omega 3 Smoothie (prepared with Soy Milk)

Concierge Class Teasers

___Classic Champagne Cocktail - $5.50

___Mimosa - $5.50 ___Kir Royale - $5.50

___Bloody Mary - $3.45 ___Virgin Bloody Mary - $2.50

___Michel Roux Champagne, Half Bottle - $25.00

___Laurent Perrier Rose Brut, 750 ml. - $95.00

___Moët et Chandon Nectar Imperial, 750 ml - $72.00

Freshly Squeezed Juices

___Orange ___Grapefruit

___Pineapple ___carrot

Chilled Beverages

___Tomatoe ___Cranberry ___Apple

___Fresh Milk ___V-8 ___Prune

___Skim Milk

Fresh Fruits

___Honeydew ___Cantaloupe ___Banana

___Kiwi ___Pineapple ___Grapefruit

___Orange ___Mixed Fruits

Yogurts

___Plain ___Strawberry

___Blueberry ___Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals

___Corn Flakes ___Raisin Bran ___Special K

___Oat Bran ___Total ___All Bran

Hot Cereals

___Oat Meal ___Grits

Eggs To Order

___Scrambled ___Fried ___Poached

___Boiled: __Minutes

Special Instructions: ________________________

Omelets

___Plain ___Cheese ___Mushrooms

___Ham ___Fine Herbs ___Smoked Salmon

___Western ___Onion

Omelets can also be prepared with

___Egg beaters or ___Egg Whites (please check)

From The Griddle

___Bacon ___Link Sausage ___Ham

___Low-Fat Chicken Sausage ___Canadian Bacon

___Corned Beef hash ___Hash Brown Potatoes

Pancakes

___Plain ___Buckwheat

___Banana ___Blueberry

Served with maple Syrup

Pastries & Muffins

___Assorted Danish ___Croissant

___Blueberry Muffin ___Bran Muffin

From The Bakery – Assorted Bread & Rolls

___French Bread ___Plain Bagel

___Multi-Grain Bread ___Onion Bagel

___English Muffin ___egg Bagel

___Soft Rolls

Toast

___Whole Wheat Toast ___White Toast

___Rye Toast

Preserves & Spreads

___Strawberry ___Marmalade ___Lt Cream Cheese

___Blueberry ___Honey ___Salmon Spread

___Blackberry ___Butter

___Raspberry ___Margarine

COLD CUTS

___Salam ___Danish ham ___Black Forest Ham

___Smoked Salmon

Hot Beverages

___Coffee ___Decaffeinated Coffee

___Black Tea ___Earl Grey Tea

___Darjeeling Tea ___English Breakfast Tea

___Herbal Infusion (__Mint __Chamomile)

___Hot Chocolate ___Hot Milk

___Green Tea

Service Hours 6:00 Am To 11:00 Am

Service Time Requested _________

Guest Name _______________________________

Stateroom Number____________

ENJOY!!

Denise

Hi Denise. This is actually pretty identical to what they have in the suites, at least the RS we had on Infinity in March/April. Still have to pencil Eggs Benedict on those decandant days when you want to over indulge ;). And getting eggs cooked to your taste needs a little additional attention (I do not like my poached eggs to resemble golf balls). Plus suites get the added delivery of cuppicino which marybeth got every day.

So to end some controversy, the CC and Suite breakfast menus seem to be the same.

Hi Denise. This is actually pretty identical to what they have in the suites, at least the RS we had on Infinity in March/April. Still have to pencil Eggs Benedict on those decandant days when you want to over indulge ;). And getting eggs cooked to your taste needs a little additional attention (I do not like my poached eggs to resemble golf balls). Plus suites get the added delivery of cuppicino which marybeth got every day.

So to end some controversy, the CC and Suite breakfast menus seem to be the same.

Eggs Benedict - yummy! What's that...10, maybe 20 calories?;) Come to think of it - why do poached eggs in restaurants so often look like golf balls. I couldn't manage that at home if I tried!:p

Doubt this will end the controversy though, this is a CC menu, technically, not for suites (unless you know about it and the butler is at all decent!).

It's funny. I don't think of any of this as controversy, argument, complaining, or any of the other negative stuff. To me it's friendly discussion about an interesting subject. When this thread dies out, another just like it will crop up to take its place. Pointless? Probably. But most of the "discussions" on this board aren't solving the problems of the world. People ask a factual question and get a factual answer. That has a point. All the rest of it is the generous sharing of experiences (good and bad), viewpoints, ideas, wonderful humor, and, I believe, friendship. It's great to feel friendship for people all over the world. I learn from all of you. I like you. You guys make me laugh out loud in a silent room. You make me misty, you make me smile.

Geez! Even I want to smack me at this point!:o

Happy cruising!

Denise

Eggs Benedict - yummy! What's that...10, maybe 20 calories?;) Come to think of it - why do poached eggs in restaurants so often look like golf balls. I couldn't manage that at home if I tried!:p

Doubt this will end the controversy though, this is a CC menu, technically, not for suites (unless you know about it and the butler is at all decent!).

It's funny. I don't think of any of this as controversy, argument, complaining, or any of the other negative stuff. To me it's friendly discussion about an interesting subject. When this thread dies out, another just like it will crop up to take its place. Pointless? Probably. But most of the "discussions" on this board aren't solving the problems of the world. People ask a factual question and get a factual answer. That has a point. All the rest of it is the generous sharing of experiences (good and bad), viewpoints, ideas, wonderful humor, and, I believe, friendship. It's great to feel friendship for people all over the world. I learn from all of you. I like you. You guys make me laugh out loud in a silent room. You make me misty, you make me smile.

Happy cruising!

Denise

Eggs Benedict will contribute some extra to the equator so to speak.

I agree with your attitude and some of us got carried away. To those, I appologize. Cruising is the best thing for an attitude adjustment ;)

Eggs Benedict will contribute some extra to the equator so to speak.

I agree with your attitude and some of us got carried away. To those, I appologize. Cruising is the best thing for an attitude adjustment ;)

Why can't it be bran muffins and fat free milk that increases the equator?!?

I enjoy your posts!!! And, if cruising is the best thing for an attitude adjustment...I need my attitude adjusted EVERY DARN DAY!!!!;)

Happy Happy!!

Denise

Happy cruising!

Denise

Well said Denise!! Your one of my favorites; you always make me laugh <sniff sniff>....

The suite menu is similar to this? Minus the smoothies of course. They must think suite pax are not the smoothie types, lol!! If your in a suite, you shouldn't have to write in eggs benedict-the golf ball variety or otherwise:) In any respect, I think I will be very happy with this menu, I mean you can only do so much with breakfast, what more could they have on there?

$5.50 for a Mimosa!!! Yikes!

The suite menu is similar to this? Minus the smoothies of course. They must think suite pax are not the smoothie types, lol!! more could they have on there?

I mentioned the CC menu was different to our butler. He said what is on there that is different? I said the smoothies. He brought smoothies each morning even though we didn't order them. :)

I mentioned the CC menu was different to our butler. He said what is on there that is different? I said the smoothies. He brought smoothies each morning even though we didn't order them. :)

Nice!! Now that is what I call class! DannPete must of just had a crabby butler on their cruise, because everyone else has reported good experiences. I'm assuming they get tipped pretty well and that should be an incentive (I tip very well-100 bucks just for the butler on a 7 day wouldn't be out of the question).

I need to do some actual work now, lol.

Well said Denise!!

The suite menu is similar to this? Minus the smoothies of course. They must think suite pax are not the smoothie types, lol!! If your in a suite, you shouldn't have to write in eggs benedict-the golf ball variety or otherwise:) In any respect, I think I will be very happy with this menu, I mean you can only do so much with breakfast, what more could they have on there?

Sorry Poseidon, this is the CC menu, NOT the suite menu. I don't remember too many suite menu details but I do remember that it's NOTHING like this. I remember having (hot and yummy) eggs, breakfast meat (I have no loyalty to bacon/ham/sausage so it could have been any/all of them!), croissants, cereal, yogurt, fruit, tea, milk, orange juice...nice Denney's basics. The suite menu is NOT extensive. CC menu is considered "EXPANDED" by X (their words, not mine - I might call it an INCREDIBLE menu!).

Our butler (Arles) was great! When he introduced himself to us (first he solved a problem which kept us on the ship) he told us (which he wouldn't have to do if X would only make the info available;), and we didn't know we should ask for or have a copy of the CC menu) that we could have anything we wanted (of course NOW we know what's available to want;)), but to please not want waffles:p. He said he would be happy to get us waffles, but it would take a while because he would have to stand in line. There's also a specific time start for eggs, etc. because they have to fire up the grill. I'm sure this applied to ALL cabins - it may even be printed on the menu card.

You should print out the CC menu and take it with you on the cruise. You can't always count on having a wonderful butler (just ask peteranddan!).

I know some pax have been unhappy with their room service, BUT NOT US!! I guess we were lucky. Hot items always came HOT; cold items always came COLD.

I caught a small cold on the cruise (I never had so many people so concerned about me in my life - WONDERFUL SERVICE! Above and beyond - but probably pretty standard for X crew!) so we had dinner 3 nites in a row in our cabin. The food and service was IMPECCABLE! Our butler was concerned that I wasn't eating enough (he actually scolded me - sweet!) so he brought, not just what we ordered, but other items he felt I should try. BLISS!!!

Anyway, print the CC breakfast menu to take with you and ENJOY!!!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Hi everyone.

To find out what is included ...go to the Celebrity.com...go to bottom of the page to International Gateway.....pick UK. Next download the brochure...page 71 of this brochure lists the details of what is included with your suite. So it is all CC amenities plus . Hope this helps.

Hi everyone.

To find out what is included ...go to the Celebrity.com...go to bottom of the page to International Gateway.....pick UK. Next download the brochure...page 71 of this brochure lists the details of what is included with your suite. So it is all CC amenities plus . Hope this helps.

:):):)

Denise

Oh ok, my bad. I thought someone had said early in the thread that the suite menu was similar. I'm not sure I understand why only CC pax would have such a large menu considering you pay 5000 and up for a suite. Anyway, I thought the Celebrity sight said "full breakfast" meaning not continental and that is enough for me. I will check out the UK link though.

If a butler isn't working out, couldn't you just ask for another one? I would assume there are 5 or 6 per ship. Another thread suggested tipping a bit at the start of the cruise although I'm not sure I like that approach. But as they say, "money talks".

Archived