Discussion: CC Amenities vs. Suite Amenities

CatServants

Oh ok, my bad. I thought someone had said early in the thread that the suite menu was similar. I'm not sure I understand why only CC pax would have such a large menu considering you pay 5000 and up for a suite. Anyway, I thought the Celebrity sight said "full breakfast" meaning not continental and that is enough for me. I will check out the UK link though.

If a butler isn't working out, couldn't you just ask for another one? I would assume there are 5 or 6 per ship. Another thread suggested tipping a bit at the start of the cruise although I'm not sure I like that approach. But as they say, "money talks".

Poseidon,

Just to clarify things, the link to the breakfast menu I posted earlier today was to a non-CC, non-suite breakfast menu. Here's a link to the suite breakfast menu. (http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/suitebreakfast_sm.htm) It's more extensive than the regular breakfast menu. Remember that you can write in anything from the CC menu that is not on the suite menu. Also, there are several things on the suite menu such as kipers and a smoked salmon and bagel plate that are not on the CC menu.

Enjoy your cruise.

Am I overreacting?

Well, only you can determine that.

I've said in both CC and Suites several times, and I must say that I never felt like I was giving up anything in the amenity department between one and the other. They are different from each other, but I do not feel that the difference in amenities between CC and the Suite outweighs the difference in size/service/perks between the Suite and CC.

If you really must have that yogurt parfait, and don't care about the extra space in the cabin, the private hot tub on your larger balcony (depending on class of ship, of course, and if you have booked a Royal Suite), the fact that you get a bathtub in the suites but not in CC, then by all means switch to CC. Besides, you'll save some $$ in CC that can be spent elsewhere (or not at all).

The important thing is for you to have a good time and be happy with your choice. In my personal opinion, the difference in listed amenities between CC and the Suites isn't worth giving up a Royal Suite for.

Oh ok, my bad. I thought someone had said early in the thread that the suite menu was similar. I'm not sure I understand why only CC pax would have such a large menu considering you pay 5000 and up for a suite. Anyway, I thought the Celebrity sight said "full breakfast" meaning not continental and that is enough for me. I will check out the UK link though.

If a butler isn't working out, couldn't you just ask for another one? I would assume there are 5 or 6 per ship. Another thread suggested tipping a bit at the start of the cruise although I'm not sure I like that approach. But as they say, "money talks".

Not your "bad".:) But...hence the premise behind this thread.;) At any rate, the suite breakfast DOES include some hot yummies, it's not just continental, HOWEVER, take a copy of the CC menu and write in whatever you want, you should get it.:o

As for a problem butler...don't know. I think if I had a butler like peteranddan (as I recall Peter said their butler claimed to be the head butler), I would talk to Guest Services. X is interested in making sure its pax are happy.

Randy and I (and about 30 others) had some, ummmm, trouble with our X transport to the ship:o. We didn't bother mentioning it to anyone (yeah, it took 3 hours to get to the port from the Fairmont and our luggage arrived very late, but, no big deal, we and our luggage arrived!) then a questionnaire was dropped off in our cabin so my DH mentioned the problem. We received a phone call of apology, a note of apology, and a bottle of nice wine with a note apologizing and asking if there was anything that could be done to mend the fences (which we didn't realize had been broken!). We had to beg the Concierge to quit worrying about it.

X WANTS you to be happy! If you have a real problem with the butler (or room attendant, etc.) mention it to the butler, if things don't improve, move up the chain. It's your vaca and you're entitled to love every minute of it. And you will. With your wonderful enthusiasm your face is going to hurt from all your smiling!:p Enjoy!

Happy cruising!

Denise

Well, only you can determine that.

I've said in both CC and Suites several times, and I must say that I never felt like I was giving up anything in the amenity department between one and the other. They are different from each other, but I do not feel that the difference in amenities between CC and the Suite outweighs the difference in size/service/perks between the Suite and CC.

If you really must have that yogurt parfait, and don't care about the extra space in the cabin, the private hot tub on your larger balcony (depending on class of ship, of course, and if you have booked a Royal Suite), the fact that you get a bathtub in the suites but not in CC, then by all means switch to CC. Besides, you'll save some $$ in CC that can be spent elsewhere (or not at all).

The important thing is for you to have a good time and be happy with your choice. In my personal opinion, the difference in listed amenities between CC and the Suites isn't worth giving up a Royal Suite for.

Don't worry Leela - I have soothed the "Savage Beast" (AKA my DH :p). I and many others believe Randy is correct, however. Suites SHOULD receive ALL the amenities, and ALL the amenities should be EXPRESSLY LISTED (and are in the UK brochure) up front so that suite pax are AWARE of the amenities. That being said...I've promised "the Beast" our butler will deliver his precious parfait (and anything else we want), we'll just have to write it in/ask. For the millionth time...PLEASE X, give us a good butler!!!;)

By the way, I can't let Randy read this thread now - can't have anyone encouraging him to drop the RS!:eek::D Then there is that "Savage Beast" thing...oh well;).

Happy cruising!

Denise

Poseidon,

Just to clarify things, the link to the breakfast menu I posted earlier today was to a non-CC, non-suite breakfast menu. Here's a link to the suite breakfast menu. (http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/suitebreakfast_sm.htm) It's more extensive than the regular breakfast menu. Remember that you can write in anything from the CC menu that is not on the suite menu. Also, there are several things on the suite menu such as kipers and a smoked salmon and bagel plate that are not on the CC menu.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you. That's a great sight and wish the cruiselines webpages had that much detail.

I've been reading a lot on these boards about the breakfast menus to be completed the night before and hung on the door. Does anyone have any experience with ordering in the morning, not the night before. We usually like to sleep in and order coffee and/or breakfast when we wake up. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for such a breakfast to be delivered? Our experience on other lines has been about 20 minutes and that's fine with us. We usually don't sleep much past 8am but don't like to wake up on schedule when on vacation.

Thanks Dave. I just saw this as I have been traveling. It actually looks like HAL's room service breakfast menu.

I don't see Pancakes or French Toast? On HAL, I would just write in "Cheese Plate" and "Breakfast Parfait" and they would just appear. OJ and Tea is always good.

We are not fish eaters but I notice the reg menu had Salmon and that is pretty fancy for breakfast.

Archived