Dining length

puggal

Hi Puggal,

The length of the evening meal can vary with conditions relating to your location, number and set up of the diners being served by your waiters, and their experience. If you are the first table your waiters service they may take your order 15 min after seating, complete the meal an hour and 15 min later. If you have coffee your meal can take a total of an hour and 45 min. If you are farther from the galley, and the waiter takes the orders of his other two tables first you may take another half hour.

Petert

don't fret though all the activities are planned so that you can enjoy your late seating and still participate. I always have late seating and the only time I rush ( basically skipping coffee and desert) is the night of the Quest.

Another thing that can effect the length of your dinner is your dining companions. Our waitstaff paced our courses very well but we were at a table with some very chatty people... We usually finish within 1.5 hours but we were stiff at table up to and beyond 2 hours ! We were always the first to excuse ourselves as it seemed that we were holding up the dining room staff trying to get ready for second seating. I think second seating would be a more relaxed time. If you get hungry before then... there are always alternatives:D

If you find that dinner is taking too long at your particular table, you do not have to say at the dinning table as long as the other diners do...you may politely excuse yourself and leave at the time you wish. You may miss dessert and then if your sweet tooth is calling you can visit the Windjammer of coffee shop after the show. Or call room service. No problem.

If you want to hurry along for something, just tell the dining room staff, they can move things along a little quicker if they know your wishes. I wouldn't have a problem in the world with a dining companion leaving the table before us, especially if they weren't part of our party.

We're the ones who love to linger over dinner and conversation with an after dinner drink, but we're fine even if we're the only 2 left at the table :)

If you have kids that want to do the AO activities, do the main (early) seating. The activities are planned around that timetable. (This is assuming you want to eat with the kids--they can always eat earlier in the Windjammer, and you can do late seating on your own).

Late seating ends between 10 and 10:30 pm. Your shows will be PRIOR to dinner, early seating shows are AFTER dinner. The exception is the "adult" comedy show--which starts about 10:30 pm--so you will have time to get there no matter which seating you choose.

Pick your time according to when you usually eat at home--your tummy will be happier that way!

I dont no to be honest because I just got off the serenade, Im 16 and we had late seating and I thought like you I might misss activites etc but it really didnt make a difference, I think it only makes a huge difference for those 11 and under because there activites end at 10

Archived