Obstructed guarantee balcony --???

MAKINGWAVES

I've paid my deposit and received my receipt of my booking from Carnival for my guarantee balcony. among the information and additional notes on my receipt it says cabin chosen has obstructed view. I am not expecting an upgrade and will be happy with any balcony cabin, but I did'nt think any of the balcony cabins were obstructed. This is the first time I have ever booked a Bal Guarantee. I'd like to hear from anyone who has "been there, done that".

Cruised on her sister ship, Destiny in 2005. We booked bal.gty and ended up with cabin 8189 on verandah deck. A great location.

As far as I know, there are no obstructed view balcony cabins on Triumph or any other Destiny class ship. I believe this also the case on Conquest class vessels.

Have you received a cabin assignment yet?

You can check out deck plans for Triumph at

www.carnival.com

Hope this helps.

jerry

I've paid my deposit and received my receipt of my booking from Carnival for my guarantee balcony. among the information and additional notes on my receipt it says cabin chosen has obstructed view. I am not expecting an upgrade and will be happy with any balcony cabin, but I did'nt think any of the balcony cabins were obstructed. This is the first time I have ever booked a Bal Guarantee. I'd like to hear from anyone who has "been there, done that".

there is no obstructed balconies on that class of ship. Now if it was a spirit class ship the 7As are obstrructed.

The only obstructed cabin on that class is a 6B which is located on the front of the ship on some decks.

did you get a cabin Number? if so then this was not a guarantee balcony since you wont know that cabin number until right before sailing

Was on the Miracle summeor of '05 and was upgraded from a 6a (OV) to a 7a (obstucted view) balcony.

Was a nice cabin. Great location (Just down the hall from Camp Carnival. Easy pick-ups for our son)

As far as the view.. When you stepped out onto the balcony, you looked more or less at the top of a lifeboat. We did get some view to the side. This didn't hamper the use of the balcony in any way. Would I run out of my way to book this type of a cabin over a OV? probably not..Waould I accept the upgrade graciously..absolutely :-)

Since we're about 13 months out before our cruise, I knew there would not be a cabin assignment. I was just surprised to see " cabin chosen has an obstructed view". Since the price was only 10.00 per person more than their best ov, well heck, go with the Bal. I'm easy to please, it just surprised me.

I'll visit with our PVP.

we booked gar. bal and we got our cabin asignment 2 weeks ago and we don't sail until sept 30.

did you get upgraded? sometimes carnival has sales where you get the highest deck in the category.

Cabin assignments are not given out until right before sailing with a booking guarantee status.

Is your balcony on the Upper deck?

Archived