PoAM upsell from AE to AA

suzy5555

The upsell fairy emailed and offered Owner's Suite (AA) from AE for $1200 total. Regular difference would have been $2800.

We splurged to do the AE cabin. We don't drink alcohol. We do drink tons of water, soft drinks. I know there is a jacuzzi on balcony of AA.

Not sure we want to pay an additional $1200. Are there enough perk differences to make it worth $1200?

Thanks

You get your own private hot tub on the balcony in the AA. If you do drink wine, they will give you wine instead of hard liquor. If not, maybe there's a way you could ship it home to use as gifts? The butler will dote on you, especially if given access to that liquor. They will also give you soft drinks in the AA, and keep refilling them as you use them.

However, I have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our AE on the POAm. The balcony was huge, and we did use it every morning and every evening. The coffee maker wonderful, always had that first cup out on the balcony. The dressing area and storage space was great. The AE suite came with plenty of perks. I can't complain about it at all. (Except our butler, who ignored us sucking up the liquor in the AA next door. But the wonderful concierge made up for it.)

We originally had a BA, and were offered and upsell to the AA, but the upsell was more than I could afford. When I asked if they could lower it, they offered me the AE instead at a price I could afford, and I grabbed it.

Nice upsell offer!!!! We are sailing on the POH Sept 3rd, and we started with an aft balcony, and were offered an AB, and we took it!!! We have sailed on NCL A LOT, and this was the first upsell we have ever received!! It might be a once in a lifetime opportunity (because I KNOW that DH is not gonna pay full price for a PH!!) So....we grabbed it....!!!!! :D

If you can swing it, I would definitely go for the AA!!!! ;)

Although it is a good value do you really want to spend $1200 on a cabin you'll barely use on a port intensive itinary? It's $1200 you could use for a helicopter ride over the volcano for an eagles view. Now if money is no object then I'd think differently :D

If you're asking if the Owner's Suite perks are worth an additional $1200, it probably isn't. You're already in a Penthouse with butler and concierge services. Order a few more Romance packages, and you'll get many of the perks for far less cash. It is a great deal for those with money to burn.

Thank you for your replies. I am really happy with our AE cabin and was hoping I had not turned down a once in a lifetime opportunity. $1200 is a lot of money and I would rather spend that extra money on excursions and other opportunities. I had read everything I could find on the differences of the two but needed to make sure I didn't miss anything. I feel better now. Thank you!!!!

Thank you for your replies. I am really happy with our AE cabin and was hoping I had not turned down a once in a lifetime opportunity. $1200 is a lot of money and I would rather spend that extra money on excursions and other opportunities. I had read everything I could find on the differences of the two but needed to make sure I didn't miss anything. I feel better now. Thank you!!!!

Have you already turned down the offer? Most things in life can be negotiated :)

Have you already turned down the offer? Most things in life can be negotiated :)

I have already turned down the offer but if inventory is "real time" on their web site, they have several upsells or upgrades still available. It didn't occur to me to haggle. I would pay $600 more in a heart beat. That might be negotiating too far though.

• Administrators
I have already turned down the offer but if inventory is "real time" on their web site, they have several upsells or upgrades still available. It didn't occur to me to haggle. I would pay $600 more in a heart beat. That might be negotiating too far though.

Pfft -- what do you have to lose? They aren't going to boot you from your current cabin (which you are happy with). Counteroffer at what you can afford. The worst that happens is they say "no," and you go have a fabulous trip in the cabin you were happy with in the first place. :)

If you are willing to pay half of their original offer, counter offer with one-third ($400) and see where it goes. You have nothing to lose but the opportunity. Give a call and see if the offer still stands. If they say it is off the table, just say you were nervous the upsell was some sort of scam, and you had to ask around to see if it was legit. Just an idea.

Archived