Barcelona Aerobus

Hello everyone!

Has anybody tried the Aerobus from the airport to the hotel areas near the ramblas? Six of us are booked at the Avenida Palace located at Gran Via Corts Catalanes and our companions are trying to convince us to take the aerobus instead of a cab from the airport to the hotel. It is cheaper apparently than the taxi minivan which will cost us 60 euro for the six of us.

* How convenient is this bus?

* How far is the bus stop from the hotel?

Although it might be cheaper, our concern is hauling our luggage from the bus stop to the hotel itself.

There was 3 of us on the aerobus, and had a very rough time with the ride! We were all able to get seats, but my husband sat away from us. There is VERY LITTLE room for luggage, so my sister and I had to hold our two suitcases in our laps, and the carry-ons were at our feet. We could not put our luggage in the aisle because the bus driver fills the bus with people, so there were lots and lots of people in the aisles. Granted, it did not take long to get to Las Ramblas, but boy, I would take a taxi next time, just for my sanity! :)

Rumba,

My wife and I had the same experience as Amy except we did not get seats! The bus is convenient and inexpensive but if you have a lot of luggage a cab would be the best option.

Rich

May be it was the date and time but but my experience on the Aeroporto bus was great. I will admit if you are stressed or jet lagged you might want to take a taxi to the plaza which will cost around $25 Euros.

Remember when taking the Aeroporto bus the pick up time is every 12 minutes. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon at 5:30 pm. The bus was only half full and there was plenty of places to put luggage. My wife and I had two pieces of luggage and it worked out very well. The only stress I had was my wife telling me "You don't know where your going." She was wrong. You'll know once you reach Las Ramblas because everone gets off the bus. I won't go into too much detail but the wife watch our luggage at Las Ramblas while I looked for our Hotel. The seach lasted about 40 minutes but the ride to Las Ramblas was a real bargin at 3.50 Euros. Is there anyone else who had a good experience on the Aeroporto Bus? Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky 05/03 Alaska

Norwegian Star 11/03 Hawaii

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas 5/04 Meditterean

Just wondering if this aerobus operates as late as 10-10:30pm at night in October and if it goes anywhere in the Barri Gothic. Does anyone know?
Apparently yes to the first question. But you'll have to trace through the list of stops to see where it goes other than the Catalunya (the stop nearest Las Ramblas), which was as far as I needed to go.

Try www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/barcelona-airport.html for details of transport from airport to city centre.

We used the aiport bus both ways last year - quick, easy, plenty of room - just be aware to watch all other bags as you are loading one - apparently this is one area targeted by thieves.

I think you would need to get off at Plaza Catalunya and walk down Las Ramblas to get to the Bari Gothic area

Archived