Kids & Seasickness medication & passports!

MSgirl&Luv2cruz

We are seriously considering a Thanksgiving cruise this year. We have a 5 yr old and a 7 yr old. Do any of you have experience with kids and seasickness? And, if so, can you recommend what is best to take along with us in the event that one of them gets sick? My husband and I have cruised several times and been through some rough waves without getting sick, but I worry about them...

Also, will they have to have a passport?? We're looking at the Holiday to Calica and Cozumel.

Thanks everybody!

Lisa

Passports not needed for that itinerary--you will need certified BC for everyone and Government ID for anyone 16 or over.

You might try ginger ale or ginger cookies for the kids. Most adult medications do not have dosages for kids under 12, if you do want to use OTC meds, please discuss with your pediatrician before using them.

We are seriously considering a Thanksgiving cruise this year. We have a 5 yr old and a 7 yr old. Do any of you have experience with kids and seasickness? And, if so, can you recommend what is best to take along with us in the event that one of them gets sick? My husband and I have cruised several times and been through some rough waves without getting sick, but I worry about them...

Also, will they have to have a passport?? We're looking at the Holiday to Calica and Cozumel.

Thanks everybody!

Lisa

Have you been to the family cruising board? These questions and about a million more are over there. You might need to do a search. Regarding the meds, people discuss the options and most end up calling their pediatrician to see what s/he recommend before cruising. Here's the link to the Family Cruising Board...see ya there...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

:D

Archived