Just spoke to my friend in Belize City

gail811

I am just going on what current passengers are reporting. Supposedly, Carnival is going elsewhere for the next few weeks. Not sure about other cruiselines. CruiseCal shows two Carnival ships scheduled for Thursday the 6th of September and the Enchantment of the Seas scheduled for this Thursday. Maybe someone has more current info.

I am sailing out on the Valor on the 2nd. Which will put us in Belize on the 6th. We are going. The only port that was replace was Costa Maya, with Cozumel.

I spoke with Carnival today and they said that Belize was not going to be visited for 2 weeks at least...but was subject to change w/out notice also.

I would not get my hopes up too high for Belize for your Sept. 2nd sailing yet.

I thought I had seen that the 9/2 Legend was also visiting Belize - the only replacement was Roatan for Costa Maya. I thought I saw that in an email posted from Carnival somewhere. This seems to conflict with your conversation with them....are they just planning to go there, and then might cancel the stop during the cruise if the conditions aren't right?

I thought I had seen that the 9/2 Legend was also visiting Belize - the only replacement was Roatan for Costa Maya. I thought I saw that in an email posted from Carnival somewhere. This seems to conflict with your conversation with them....are they just planning to go there, and then might cancel the stop during the cruise if the conditions aren't right?

I can call a res agent and then another and get two different stories....and then the CCL website will be a 3d story.... so I guess passengers will find out when they actually board the ship at this point unless everyone gets their stories straight ! HrMpH !!!

I can call a res agent and then another and get two different stories....and then the CCL website will be a 3d story.... so I guess passengers will find out when they actually board the ship at this point unless everyone gets their stories straight ! HrMpH !!!

If at any time you DO get another story, I would love to hear it. I'd really like to visit at least 2 places with Mayan ruins so taking Belize out of the picture really worries me. Do you have any idea what they'll do, if those ships leave planning to go to Belize and then for some reason don't? Since there isn't another port scheduled do they have an extra day at sea, or will they go somewhere else last minute?

If at any time you DO get another story, I would love to hear it. I'd really like to visit at least 2 places with Mayan ruins so taking Belize out of the picture really worries me. Do you have any idea what they'll do, if those ships leave planning to go to Belize and then for some reason don't? Since there isn't another port scheduled do they have an extra day at sea, or will they go somewhere else last minute?

Many times a decision is made at the last minute....many times it is at the captrains discretion. If it ends up being a day at sea rather than a port of call, cruiselines will usually offer an on board credit in lieu of a missed port.

Will keep you posted if I hear differently.

I spoke with Carnival today and they said that Belize was not going to be visited for 2 weeks at least...but was subject to change w/out notice also.

I would not get my hopes up too high for Belize for your Sept. 2nd sailing yet.

I recived an email from carnival today that stated we were going to Belize. The only port that was replaced was Costa Maya. So if you are booked on the Valor on the 2nd we are going to belize. You can call Carnival to confirm as I did as well.

No one will be visiting Belize this week - not with the impending hurricane Felix (cat 4) headed straight for it. Sadly these guys are about to be hit again - Dean may have only glanced the area (and devestated Coasta Maya) - the troubles aren't over and ships won't be hitting Roatan, Belize or lower areas of Mexico this week!!

I got an e-mail from my friend this afternoon. He is packing up the family now to get to higher ground. He thinks that if they get the north side of the storm it will put Belize City under water :( Saying my prayers something extraordinary happens and it misses everyone......

I got an e-mail from my friend this afternoon. He is packing up the family now to get to higher ground. He thinks that if they get the north side of the storm it will put Belize City under water :( Saying my prayers something extraordinary happens and it misses everyone......

I hope your friends find safe refuge!

Archived