renewal of vows on Princess

robanddiane

Has anyone renewed there vows on a Princes ship. We are so tempted to book this on the Emerald Princess in april 2009 for our 30th anniversary and would be grateful for any information.

robanddiane,

DH and I renewed our vows onboard the Star last September. It was our 25th anniversary and it was wonderful.

It was a private ceremony - if you don't count the 15 or so people we invited once we got onboard. We wanted it on the second sea day as that was our actual anniversary and that's exactly what happened.

All the arrangements are made by an events coordinator - one of the pursar's staff and ours was terrific. We asked for our door to be decorated and on our anniversary day, it was. You walk in together. The Captain is waiting for you and greets you at the podium. We did an exchange of rings as well.

You'll get a letter sent to your cabin with all the details and then after the ceremony you'll get a copy of the vows as well as a certificate signed by the Captain.

We did the $205 package and it included my bouquet, DH's boutonnière, champagne, two champagne glasses, a formal portrait, a ships photographer to record the whole thing...and I may be forgetting something...

Again, we loved it. It was beautifully done and very moving. I didn't expect it to be so emotional.

The vow renewal is usually done on sea days/formal nights in the early evening before the Captain's Welcome Party or Captain's Circle Parties.

The vows are your standard wedding vows - slightly varied because they reflect upon your time together. It was very special.

We celebrated out 10th anniversary with a vow renewal on board Golden Princess in the Caribbean. It was lovely and very emotional - more so than our actual wedding!

The ceremony was private with just the Captain (who performed the ceremony), two young ladies from the Purser's staff and the ship's photographer. We were alone on the cruise so didn't have any guests to invite. Everything was beautifully arranged.

Four other couples also renewed their vows that evening, but each couple was taken into the Chapel privately.

The ceremony took place in the early evening after a day in St Lucia. It wasn't a formal evening but we dressed up anyway. The only sad thing was that the ceremony clashed with our early dining time, so that evening we had to go into the Anytime Dining. We missed our table companions, but the next evening we shared with them the bottle of champagne that Princess gave us.

Has anyone renewed there vows on a Princes ship. We are so tempted to book this on the Emerald Princess in april 2009 for our 30th anniversary and would be grateful for any information.

My wife and I did this on our CB cruise last year. We did the same package as described in the previous reply. It was very special. Don't be discouraged by the responses that will inevitably pop up in response making fun of you for even considering doing this. Here we are during the ceremony which was conducted by Captain Romano of the Caribbean Princess:

56425.jpg

I have seen at least 5 different threads on this topic, and not one negative post. Everyone has been so pleased, regardless of which package they chose.

We are doing this in October for our anniversary as well, and hope it can be on the exact day.

In your Cruise Personalizer, you can set up the Special Occasion, and for no charge they will decorate your cabin door with balloons and you will also have a special dessert on the night you indicate!

Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful trip! :)

We had our vows renewed on the Sun Princess about 6 years ago. It was wonderful and was held in the Captain's quarters. Agree with the other posters, it was moving and, to us, more meaningful. I guess when you go through life with someone, ups and downs, good and bad, those vows become more special. Dona

Those who have done the vow renewal, when did you book it and how? I can't seem to find anything on the Princess site except for something about a "gift". Is that it?

Tom

Call Princess and say you want to book the vow renewal package and they'll set it up. You have to pay when you call so have a credit card handy. They will also ask what date you want it on while on the cruise.

Those who have done the vow renewal, when did you book it and how? I can't seem to find anything on the Princess site except for something about a "gift". Is that it?

Tom

It is on the gift page, but I just called Princess and booked it, they charged my credit card over the phone and emailed me a receipt. We are scheduled to do it in November(the basic package) and are really looking forward to it for our 30th. All the positive responses I've read here make me even more anxious to do it.:)

We were married on Maui in 1987 (hence the Mauiedin87!) and arranged for a vow renewal for our 20th anniversary on our 2-week Hawaii Cruise on the Island Princess last March. We booked it several months ahead of time. Like all the others have said, it's worth every penny! Beautifully done and quite emotional. It was not on the exact date, but on the second at-sea night at 5 p.m., just before the captain's party. That was also the first formal night. It was just us and the friends we had along. The pictures taken by the photographer were exceptionally good. My bouquet lasted the whole cruise (2 weeks), the little anniversary cake was exquisite and we shared it with the friends we traveled with, as we did the champagne.

Very glad we did it.:)

Hi There,

I offered to do this on a cruise we did last year my other half turned the offer down,

may be Princess could offer de... settlements instead, may be she would have taken that up.

Or may be next year I will just book one and not tell her.

yours Shogun

Our vow renewal was actually 6 months after our actual anniversary, but that didn't make it any less special.

Regarding the bouquet given to me by Princess, yes mine lasted the whole 2 weeks of the cruise too. At the end I couldn't bear to throw it out with the rubbish and knew that I couldn't take it off the ship, so I pulled it apart and dropped the petals into the sea.

My wife and I did this on our CB cruise last year. We did the same package as described in the previous reply. It was very special. Don't be discouraged by the responses that will inevitably pop up in response making fun of you for even considering doing this. Here we are during the ceremony which was conducted by Captain Romano of the Caribbean Princess:

56425.jpg

Did the ship photograper take more photos? What was the cost ?

We only took the one included in the package. The other photos were taken by the friends who accompanied us on this cruise.

Another poster asked about the boquet:

56428.jpg

advertisement ^

The ship's photographer will take tons of photos - our package included one 8x10 portrait of our choice and frame (once again our choice).

They will hold all of your photos in an envelope at the photo gallery so you can choose - we ended up buying 4 or 5 more.

I think 8x10 photos go for about $21.

. . . you all have convinced me! Our 25th will be next June and we are going on the Coral in January. Taking our two sons along and I would love to do this. Just not sure my DH will go along with it - I will have to run it by him.

We did caribbean princess for 25th and never even considered the renewal of vows then, I only wished we had thought of it then. Still our 30th will now be special. Once again thanx for all your positive replies to our post.

The ship's photographer will take tons of photos - our package included one 8x10 portrait of our choice and frame (once again our choice).

They will hold all of your photos in an envelope at the photo gallery so you can choose - we ended up buying 4 or 5 more.

Thank you for your reply this was helpful.

You can purchase all the photos taken by the photographer for 49.95 but they are an odd size, something like 6X8. The photographer took 10 photos during our ceremony.

We only took the one included in the package. The other photos were taken by the friends who accompanied us on this cruise.

Another poster asked about the boquet:

56428.jpg

advertisement ^

Thanks for the picture it is really beautiful.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I are celebrating our 15 year anniversiary and have booked the vow renewal package. I'm so excited. I've bought a dress, shoes, hair piece, etc. the whole 9 yards (my dress is ivory but not long). I think I'm more excited about this wedding than my first because I know what an accomplishment 15 years of marriage is . . . . thanks for the picture of the boquet, I was wondering what it looked like.

Thanks for all the info.

Archived