oriana 1st sep .....is anyone out there?

piggy-place

i think i am going on a ghost ship, no one else seems to be on the oriana with me!

Plenty of room by the pool then:D

There are some people over on P&O' Cruise Critic on this cruise.

There is a thread under 'On Board Forum'

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi there

I did try posting this on the Roll Call board, but it kept coming up error!!

My partner and I are going, along with our daughter who is nearly three. Can't wait. We only booked three weeks ago and there were only two cabins left - or at least that was what we were told. Inside only, which will be interesting:confused: , but hey, its only a week.

So there must be others!! If not I shall expect an outstanding upgrade!!!:rolleyes:

Kate

KATE

Lucky you to be going on Oriana on 1st Sept! I had been waiting for a cabin to become available for this 7n cruise for months! Some must of popped up then as yes it has been sold out for at least 3-4 months.

We have 1-8 sept off work and I was trying to get a cabin, we were wait-listed. About 3 weeks ago I gave up, and am now on Aurora on the 2nd Sept for the 3nighter cruise to Amsterdam and Bruges., but would of preferred a 7n break, especially to sunny climes, after all the bad weather we have had here. We have a blacony, didn't get a bargin, and its costing quite a lot for a 3n break, but hey-ho its a cruise !!

Mind, I did have a fortnights sun in Med on Arcadia in June/July lol:D

Jacq and Bill Arnold on CC are on your cruise too.

Sue

we booked the oriana about 16 months ago, its a shame you couldnt get on this one, try looking for next years cruises or even 2009, gives you loads of time to find the money as well! ;) we have booked the oceana for next september already. lisa

Lisa

Oh, we usually book our main 14n cruise a year in advance, to ensure 2nd sitting and our cabin choice. We had come off Arcadia this June (14n Med cruise), and fancied another one - just being greedy:D

Already have next years booked (see list below!)

Sue

Yep, that was Venturas only weekender for 2008, and was fully booked within a week or so of becoming available. I think a lot of people are booking the weekender for a lookie round the ship, I may not get off in Zeebrugge, and enjoy trying out all the bars. There is even a tapas bar and comedy club on there;)

Sue

:o Sue and Piggy-Place

I managed to get booked on Ventura also for the 2 nighter in an inside cabin. Couldn't believe it as was fully booked then looked an hour later and one cabin only popped up (on P & O own site about a weeks after sales released!) Taking DH for suprise as its our 20th anniversary next August. I also think we will stay onboard to explore the ship's facilities due to its size and 2 nights isnt very long. I am going on the 2 nighter to Zebrugge on Oriana 20th October with DH and my two DS's(inside cabin for 4:eek: ). That will put me on nicely until my biggy next easter from New Jersey to S. Caribbean 12 nighter with RCI (EXplorer) then Navigator from Rome in July to Greece and Turkey:D .... did I tell you I dont get out much!!.............JimJams is on the oriana 1st September...... have a great time if you look at this post.

Sue enjoy Aurora (let us know how you got on) and Piggy-Place have a wonderful time on oriana tomorrow..... I am so envious:o

HOllyanna

• 2 weeks later...
:o Sue and Piggy-Place

I managed to get booked on Ventura also for the 2 nighter in an inside cabin. Couldn't believe it as was fully booked then looked an hour later and one cabin only popped up (on P & O own site about a weeks after sales released!) Taking DH for suprise as its our 20th anniversary next August. I also think we will stay onboard to explore the ship's facilities due to its size and 2 nights isnt very long. I am going on the 2 nighter to Zebrugge on Oriana 20th October with DH and my two DS's(inside cabin for 4:eek: ). That will put me on nicely until my biggy next easter from New Jersey to S. Caribbean 12 nighter with RCI (EXplorer) then Navigator from Rome in July to Greece and Turkey:D .... did I tell you I dont get out much!!.............JimJams is on the oriana 1st September...... have a great time if you look at this post.

Sue enjoy Aurora (let us know how you got on) and Piggy-Place have a wonderful time on oriana tomorrow..... I am so envious:o

HOllyanna

Hi Hollyanna,

Well i'm back from my 7 day trip aboard the Oriana and I have to say it was a most excellent experience!:) From start to finish, it was more than I expected. The food was top notch, we even ate in the Rhodes restaurant one evening and was out of this world, well worth the extra £15 per person.

We had wonderful weather mostly, apart from when crossing the Bay of Biscay, notorious for being choppy....it was!!!:eek: force 9 I think, but survived.....

La Rochelle was breathtaking as was Lisbon.....must have been top 70's, very hot and most welcomed.

Loved everything about Oriana and think I chose well for my first cruise ( with the help of my daughter of course...who advised well ), was sad when the cruise had come to an end, BUT we are booked on Ventura October 2008 for 14 days....can't wait.

Anyone thinking of booking a cruise, you must consider ORIANA....she's a beauty.

Hiya

I'm back too!

Had a great time as well - but would of loved to be on Oriana 7n cruise instead of a 3n Aurora one - but only cause its more nights - and probably more sunny weather!;)

PHOTOS ON THIS LINK :http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/Aurora3nAmsterdamAndBrugesCruise

I have Oriana on my 'to do' list, esp now Oriana Rhodes is on there and the new bed linen etc.

I've dined twice in Arcadian Rhodes (more photos can be seen on www.s.veale.photosite.com) OOPS just noticed photosite seems to have closed now, can someone tell me if they could access my photos on this facebook site? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=148149&id=774323992&l=143b8

Thanks

Sue:cool:

We have been 4 times on the Oriana and once on the Arcadia. I really do prefer the Oriana - especially the layout.I like the Peninsular restaurant. The Arcadia restaurant was a bit noisy and busy, but maybe that was because of where we were sitting.

We were on the Arcadia for 16 nights and I never did get my bearings! I didn't like the open style bars and shops.

The best thing about the Arcadia for me was the child free aspect.

I've done all the family holiday (with 3 children) stuff and loved it at the time, but now I'm 50 and I think I deserve a peaceful child-free holiday. On the Oriana last new year the children were noisy, rude and a complete pain. Thankfully there weren't many on board when we did Hong Kong to Dubai in March (part of the world cruise).Sorry if I sound mean -I'm a nice person really!:mad:

So why go back on the Oriana? She's going to the destinations we want to go to! Hopefully there won't be too many kids on board when we go on the Classical Lands cruise in November. Also since the refit, the Oriana is so nice and fresh. It's just a pity that they've taken the Curzon room for the Rhodes restaurant as it was such a nice venue for piano recitals.

We are trying new ships though! Aurora in January ( San Francisco-Auckland), the Ventura in June (Baltic) and 2009 we've booked on the Artemis leaving from Montego Bay(got a really good deal on that one)

Just LOVE to cruise! Only found out about this website so I am really pleased. Hoping to get lots of info in the future from you all !

We have been 4 times on the Oriana and once on the Arcadia. I really do prefer the Oriana - especially the layout.I like the Peninsular restaurant. The Arcadia restaurant was a bit noisy and busy, but maybe that was because of where we were sitting.

We were on the Arcadia for 16 nights and I never did get my bearings! I didn't like the open style bars and shops.

The best thing about the Arcadia for me was the child free aspect.

I've done all the family holiday (with 3 children) stuff and loved it at the time, but now I'm 50 and I think I deserve a peaceful child-free holiday. On the Oriana last new year the children were noisy, rude and a complete pain. Thankfully there weren't many on board when we did Hong Kong to Dubai in March (part of the world cruise).Sorry if I sound mean -I'm a nice person really!:mad:

So why go back on the Oriana? She's going to the destinations we want to go to! Hopefully there won't be too many kids on board when we go on the Classical Lands cruise in November. Also since the refit, the Oriana is so nice and fresh. It's just a pity that they've taken the Curzon room for the Rhodes restaurant as it was such a nice venue for piano recitals.

We are trying new ships though! Aurora in January ( San Francisco-Auckland), the Ventura in June (Baltic) and 2009 we've booked on the Artemis leaving from Montego Bay(got a really good deal on that one)

Just LOVE to cruise! Only found out about this website so I am really pleased. Hoping to get lots of info in the future from you all !

Hi CASPALL,

Welcome to the P&O section of cruise critic. I am working my way round the fleet as well with only Oriana (53 days to go) and Artemis left to do.

We have no children but like all the ships child free or not. We were recently on Oceana with 301 children and had a wonderful time.

Keep posting, the more the merrier.

BTW have you tried the P&O site itself and the Cruise Connections message board many of us are to be found there as well.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi CASPALL

I enjoyed Aurora , but too many babies on there for me. Back to Arcadia I'm afraid. Will try Oriana sometime, but out of school holidays! I thought the kiddies would of been back to school on Sept 2-5th (they went back on 3rd Sept here in S West) but there were a lot on our ship.

Like you I have been a mum for 21 years, and am now looking for peace and quiet, will be on Arcadia for my 3rd time in 3 years next May - she's the one for me

Sue

Hi Sue!

Feel like I know you guys after looking at your photos!

Thanks for sharing. I must try and suss out how to put photos on. One step at a time though!

Like you, I prefer second sitting and when we were on the Arcadia ,although we booked a year in advance we had to take first sitting. We HATED it! Having to give up the Caribbean sunshine (and we had a balcony!!!) to dress for dinner so early went against the grain! We did join a long queue to see if we could change to 2nd sitting,but there was no chance!

We cruise with our 2 friends and always meet up for pre-dinner drinks. This meant we started drinking really early (;) hic!!!)and my husband reckoned it was our most expensive bar bill ever on a cruise! Of course they serve drinks in the theatre on the Arcadia as well , so there is no escape (cheers :D ) One can always say "no", but who wants to be a party pooper!

Caryl

Yes, for our main cruise holiday I am booking a year in advance to ensure 2nd sitting confirmed and the cabin of our choice. With 2nd sitting you can enjoy the sailaway, and then while 1st sitting are going into eat - we go back to our balcony, have a quiet drink out there (i take a wine box with us in hand luggage), and then a nice bath/shower and get ready. After 2nd sitting - about 10.30pm stroll along and watch the show, which finishes about midnight, then upto crows nest for a drink.

On the Venice cruise; the next one for me in 7 months time - meeting up with friends from our 1st cruise, we have linked our dining table so we are sat together.. But will 'do our own thing' in the day.

Sue

Archived