Group Game Ideas?

When we travel in a group with our TA she usually has a game that is like a cross between a scavenger hunt and "The Great Race" or whatever it's called. She has a list of things or questions regarding the ship we're on and we have to run around and get the answers and whoever gets back first with the most answers wins. She usually has plenty of prizes. Some of the stuff she asks are:

What is the color of the chairs in the dining room? Theater, certain lounges, etc.

How much is the most expensive bottle of Champagne sold on the ship? This can be a hard one if you are doing it during the day and the bars are closed!

What color is the door going into the kid's program area?

You get the idea. Of course, this would involve you going around the ship and finding stuff first and then making your list of questions.

We had a game going with the cruisers before and after our sailing. I went on the roll call of the sailing BEFORE our cruise and talked to some of the people on the roll call about a game that I thought might be fun. It's a sort of scavenger hunt type. We were on the Explorer so I knew the layout of the ship from before. They were to get some little items, like lego pirates, trinkets, etc. and hide them on the ship (mainly in plants on the Royale Promenade) and then we would see if we could find them on our cruise, then report back to them after our cruise telling them what we found. In turn we took our own items (plastic pirates, plastic jewels) and hid those along with the ones that we found. I know it kept going for a few cruises, but then I lost track!

Our group is doing a progressive poker game/pub crawl on the Liberty in two weeks. At each bar, a new deck of cards is opened, and each person participating draws a card. After 5 bars, you have your hand, and whoever has the best hand wins!

I know other people who play this on boats/in marinas, so it should be easily adapted to the cruise.

Archived