Caribbean Princess 8/12 review

julia

SOSUEME . . . IMHO, you made the correct choice. We have been to Alaska twice and really had great trips; once w/ my elderly Mom and Dad, my brother and sister and brother-in-law, and the second trip was with our four grown boys and one daughter-in-law. BUT, we have been to the Caribbean (spelled right? lol - I do the same thing. . .) and Mexican Riviera 20+ times and here we go yet again. That beautiful aqua blue water and the warm sand under your feet and the adult beverages (!!) can't be beat. So this is your first cruise ever? You are going to have so much fun. I hope you become addicted like the rest of us.:)

If you have any questions about the ports, or the ship, or anything else we might be able to help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We fly over to FLL two weeks from tomorrow - counting the days and mentally starting to pack. Hope to talk to you soon. C :)

Thanks sooo much for taking the time and energy to write your AWESOME review of the CB. DH and I will be sailing 9/23 and this will be our fourth CB cruise/ 10th with Princess / 25+ total to date. We are ADDICTS. You were RIGHT ON with all of your information including the benefits (:) ) of having a balcony AND we might just plan our own private formal night balcony dinner after reading about yours !!!

Wanted to let you know that we have sailed twice in Alaska - once on the Sun Princess and once on the Diamond Princess; both round-trip from Seattle and it was perfect. Both cruises were in early June - beautiful weather (jeans and sweat shirt) with very little rain. We saw lots and lots of wildlife (you HAVE to get a balcony for this cruise !!) eagles, seals w/ baby seals right out on the ice, whales - it was GREAT. We did not extend the trip with a post-trip tour, but are talking about doing that in the next year or two. Any information I can help with, please ask.

Just wanted to say HI and thanks tons for your review. I feel like we are friends already . . . . .

Thanks so much! We do have a balcony for Alaska and I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions about our itinerary once it gets closer.

So glad you enjoyed my review of the CB!

I am doing Carib.Princess in January, Can you tell me how to get in touch with Rumbaba to book. Thanks for your help. roking

Hi:

You can check out the website for the Rumbaba at Rumbabacharters.com. It's pretty informative, and there is a link to e-mail or call them directly. No payment or deposit is needed to reserve your sail, and I do recommend the all-day charter (six hours) as it takes a while to actually get to America Yacht Harbor from the ship and then to sail over to the nice snorkling areas.

SOSUEME . . . IMHO, you made the correct choice. We have been to Alaska twice and really had great trips; once w/ my elderly Mom and Dad, my brother and sister and brother-in-law, and the second trip was with our four grown boys and one daughter-in-law. BUT, we have been to the Caribbean (spelled right? lol - I do the same thing. . .) and Mexican Riviera 20+ times and here we go yet again. That beautiful aqua blue water and the warm sand under your feet and the adult beverages (!!) can't be beat. So this is your first cruise ever? You are going to have so much fun. I hope you become addicted like the rest of us.:)

If you have any questions about the ports, or the ship, or anything else we might be able to help you with, don't hesitate to ask. We fly over to FLL two weeks from tomorrow - counting the days and mentally starting to pack. Hope to talk to you soon. C :)

Thanks very much! I'm already addicted...to this site! LOL. A cruise addiction can't be far behind.

We are celebrating our 25th aboard the CB on the 10/7 Eastern sailing. Keeping my fingers crossed about the weather for both of us! Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I can't adequately thank all the "regulars" on these boards for such helpful info and warm welcomes! :)

Julia: Did you ever find the bracelets? My inquring mind wanted to know if they turned up when you got home.

Gracie:

Unfortunately no.... the bracelets were a no-show even after my final unpacking (I pretty much knew that would be the case as I had searched the cabin very thoroughly). So therefore, I had to so out and find something "tropical looking" here in the middle of the desert for my cat-sitters.

I can only speculate as to what happened to them, and it makes me sad to think about it.

Julia,

We very much enjoyed your review!

I am serious in saying that you should look into writing professionally(if you haven't already done so). You truly have a gift in painting a word picture and drawing the reader into your writing. Man, I felt like I was right there with you!

Thank you Julia for such a great review!! I am currently booking a CB cruise in Nov. 07, last minute I know, but I am pregnant and this is the last chance we have for 2+ years.

I guess that we are just going to have to hide my DH's size 14 Wide shoes! Sounds like big shoes are a hot comodity! Hopefully maternity clothes aren't so popular! HA!

Colista

Julia,

We very much enjoyed your review!

I am serious in saying that you should look into writing professionally(if you haven't already done so). You truly have a gift in painting a word picture and drawing the reader into your writing. Man, I felt like I was right there with you!

DeRon:

I've never done any professional writing, but I've always felt there's a book in me somewhere. I guess I'll just need to get it started one of these days and see where it goes!

Thank you Julia for such a great review!! I am currently booking a CB cruise in Nov. 07, last minute I know, but I am pregnant and this is the last chance we have for 2+ years.

I guess that we are just going to have to hide my DH's size 14 Wide shoes! Sounds like big shoes are a hot comodity! Hopefully maternity clothes aren't so popular! HA!

Colista

Colista:

Warmest congratulations on your pregnancy!

I sure hope that you booked a big enough cabin for those size 14W's!! :)

Julia, Loved reading this review from first to last page. My daughter is on the CB Nov11 (just booked) and I was curious abt it's itenarary. You had me laughing and singing along. A little sad, but I got every single song reference. Someone once told me the line about lemons and lemonaide, I prefer to think if I am handed a lime, I'll head straight to the bar for a tequila shot. so also enjoyed the alcohol haze around the review.

Loved that you met such great friends from CC on your cruise. We just got back from Alaska. What a wonderful Cruise that was.

• 1 month later...

I just sat here for 3 hours and read this entire review.

I couldn't put it down, like a good book. ;) .

A cruise is soon to be for us, (in about 6 weeks), and this was so nice to read... a week in review... before getting ready to go. So many really good tips too, and all those of your followers also.

It's plain to see you love to write, and I'm sure you will often put pen to paper and express yourself. It will be a joy to all who have the priviledge to to discover.

Thanks again for a most enjoyable evening.

• 7 months later...
I just sat here for 3 hours and read this entire review.

I couldn't put it down, like a good book. ;) .

A cruise is soon to be for us, (in about 6 weeks), and this was so nice to read... a week in review... before getting ready to go. So many really good tips too, and all those of your followers also.

It's plain to see you love to write, and I'm sure you will often put pen to paper and express yourself. It will be a joy to all who have the priviledge to to discover.

Thanks again for a most enjoyable evening.

Hi:

Just realized that I had never responded to MinnCruisers (a few months back!) ..... thanks so much for the kind words!

Hi Julia!

How are you two?!!! DD Emily and I will be on the Caribbean Princess again this Aug 15 for the 9 day Eastern Caribbean out of NYC. Em's great news is that her TC Williams HS women's first eight was first place in the finals of the NCASRA National Capital Area Scholastic Rowing Association regatta - first place boat in Virginia/National Capital area! They were fourth at Stotesbury Cup Regatta in Philly - not too shabby for the biggest east coast HS regatta! At Nationals in Oak Ridge TN they were first in their qualifying heat, but fourth in semifinals so they went to the Petite Final in which they were 3rd. At Canadian Nationals in St. Catharine's Ontario, they silvered!! A terrific season! Em is going through crew withdrawal, and I'm going through crew photo withdrawal! Photos at my website (and of our Aug 07 cruise!) at http://www.BobLaubach.smugmug.com. Great to see your post! I'm organizing our meet and greet with Princess for the Aug 15th cruise. Will be good to be back on the CB! Hope all is well with you both!!

Bob and Emily Laubach

Hi Bob (and Emily)

All is great with us, thank you! Thanks for the crew news update.... sounded like a terrific season!

Hope you both have another fun week aboard the CB.... are you doing the same itinerary as last year? Good luck with organizing your meet & greet!

hi julia!

it's a slightly different itinerary - 9 day out of red hook in brooklyn. first port of call is bermuda, then san juan, then st. thomas, and finally grand turk. we're really looking forward to san juan especially since it is a long day there, not leaving til 11 pm. just love the idea of 9 days! and great to leave from nyc where we'll stay with an old college friend. Em was just on Fox TV's morning show this morning - they did a feature on this weekend's Waterfront Festival in Old Town Alexandria and had segments with Em's women's first eight, featuring the coach who's retiring after 33 yrs. At the end the poor newscaster got in the boat with them, and got very worried when a bit of a wake came through from a launch going by - even though they were dockside! Take care,

Bob and Emily

• 1 month later...
hi julia!

it's a slightly different itinerary - 9 day out of red hook in brooklyn. first port of call is bermuda, then san juan, then st. thomas, and finally grand turk. we're really looking forward to san juan especially since it is a long day there, not leaving til 11 pm. just love the idea of 9 days! and great to leave from nyc where we'll stay with an old college friend. Em was just on Fox TV's morning show this morning - they did a feature on this weekend's Waterfront Festival in Old Town Alexandria and had segments with Em's women's first eight, featuring the coach who's retiring after 33 yrs. At the end the poor newscaster got in the boat with them, and got very worried when a bit of a wake came through from a launch going by - even though they were dockside! Take care,

Bob and Emily

Hi Bob:

That is so great about Em's rowing! Please share with her this website from my rowing club http://www.zlac.org/history.htm. She will find the history very interesting, as it's the oldest women's rowing club in existence (established in 1892 and verified by the rowing archives in Henley). I am honored to be a member.

You must be getting very excited about your upcoming cruise on the CB... I'm sure your photos will be great and I look forward to hearing all about your trip!

Best regards!!

Archived