Book Excursion

greatmom

We are going to Alaska in June 2008 on the Pearl. How far in advance can you or should you book your excursions?

Thank You!!!

GM:)

Ship-sponsored or independent? For independent excursions, I would book them when you know what you want to do. I am already booking a couple of things in Juneau for next July since my dates are set and my airplane tickets are purchased. However, do check on cancellation/change penalties in case you change your mind and/or need to cancel for an unforeseen event.

Ship excursions can only be booked so far in advance and their change/cancel policy is generally very liberal (though I am not familiar with your particulare cruise line's policy).

John

I am one, having seen it several times on this board, encourages people to have ALL their touring plans firm before booking. As you do your research, fine tune your plans, they are bound to change over and over.

It can be difficult, to allow, these "changes" if you have booked something conflicting with the timeframe, and usually there are cancelation penalities.

So keep doing your homework, even at the begining of next year, you will have your full assortment of tours available to you.

I am also not one to book way out, just my style, last year was the first time, I booked a cruise a year ahead. Did me no good- I ended up rebooking 6 months later at a lower rate, and won't consider it again. I am lucky to book 6 months ahead. For tours, same thing, I've been able to pick up my first choices many times, 2-3 months ahead with no problems. :)

Archived