Hump Cabin Question

tinabinab

I'm looking at a sailing that has a hump cabin available at the very start of the hump and one at the very last part of the hump. On one hand, it'd be nice to have the forward one but I am wondering about the wind in that location. My view will be slighly obstructed with either, so I'm just wondering if there is any benefit to one over the other? TIA!

Not much wind and I like to see where I am going not where I have been...LOL....But the best is of course middle of hump cabin!!! You can see front and back...............I have one of those coming up on the L.O.S. in Sept and a O.S. to boot Yipee!!!!!!..........Good luck with your pick, none are really bad and you are cruising!!! Have a great time!!!!

We had 7630 on the Freedom of the Seas. It is a cabin at the front of the hump, right before the first hump cabin. We loved it. The balcony was a bit larger and the room had an extra few feet by the balcony. The view was great and do not remember much about the wind!! It was windy at times but nothing extreme.

Tina

Thanks for the input! I was thinking it was nice to see where we are going too! :) We have a middle hump on our NOS in 2009, but to date I've never even stayed in anything but interior cabins, so it will be something new and a treat either way! Thanks again!!

Enjoy!!!! and I'm affraid you will bitten by the dreaded BALCONY BUG and never go back to inside........There is just something wonderful about it the light,the sounds,the colors of the waters..............it is magical!!!! Wish you the best cruise EVAH!!!!! Good times and fair seas............Cappecoddah

A Hump cabin is the part of the ship that kind-ah/sort-ah curves/humps out from the ship about mid-ship usually the centrum area and the central elevators and stairs are there as well ??? If you go to RCI site and hit the view some deck plans of a ship you will see the curve..........Hence Hump....I name RCI as that is all I have sailed.........I did not name this as such but it does seem appropriate when you see the deck plans and some just love the views from them and the mid-ship placement means less roll and rock from fore and aft??? Do I make sense???? I know there are more experienced sailors than I who may be able to explaine this better than I..

Then there are others who just love the aft cabins and with some ships there are lovely cabins with big decks at the fore of the ship............I guess you will just have to cruise and like goldilocks try all the different cabins....A very difficult job but someone has to do it!!!!!!........LOL....................Have fun!! Capecoddah

Archived