Itinerary Changes- Costa Maya

faeriechick

Carnival Holiday will visit playa del carmen (calica) instead of Costa Maya. I am on the RCI Rhapsody and we had the same change for Aug 30th. I discovered the Carnival Holiday would be in Calica by doing the cruise ship calendar search on Cruisecal.com

. . . I know it's not on the website yet. It takes time for them to update their systems . . .

You said (well, typed) a mouthfull there, for sure! I found out quite quickly after joining CruiseCritic, that it would be my best source for a lot of info regarding Carnival Cruise Line. I am a big fan of CCL, and am thoroughly enjoying multiple sailings on the line, but (for the most part) their online support system is pathetic. Perhaps one of the worst in the industry. There are multiple pricing glitches that they are aware have been ignored for months. When you click on 'Ships', and then Carnival Liberty, the description and link reference its upcoming European itineraries. I'm not going to hold my breath for info about port changes coming from CCL website... not when I have much better (not to mention quicker) info available from all of you on this forum.

When you click on 'Ships', and then Carnival Liberty, the description and link reference its upcoming European itineraries. I'm not going to hold my breath for info about port changes coming from CCL website... not when I have much better (not to mention quicker) info available from all of you on this forum.

Really? Funny, but when I look at the Liberty on that site, it only mentions Caribbean cruises out of FLL and then MIA.

Called Expedia and confirmed the legend on 8/26 is sailing the adjusted itinerary as above - thanks for the heads up!

Also requested upgrade/compensation information and they claimed since they were able to replace the ports they weren't offering upgrades at this time, but I should check on Sunday when I arrive at the port.

I have a confirmed extended balcony cat 8E but would really like an upgrade if available - has anyone had any luck before? Even a pay upgrade - it seems everything above is sold out (or was when I booked).

Called Expedia and confirmed the legend on 8/26 is sailing the adjusted itinerary as above - thanks for the heads up!

Also requested upgrade/compensation information and they claimed since they were able to replace the ports they weren't offering upgrades at this time, but I should check on Sunday when I arrive at the port.

I have a confirmed extended balcony cat 8E but would really like an upgrade if available - has anyone had any luck before? Even a pay upgrade - it seems everything above is sold out (or was when I booked).

Right now everything is sold out, but as cancellations come in, you can check periodically to see if anything opens up.

It's about time that our govenment lifts that useless embargo against Cuba so in emergency times like these the cruise ships could have more options for us, the paying customers.

I cant wait wait when Cuba will be part of the western or eastern itenary. More options = cheaper prices. Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Mexico are starting to sound "old,".

Strange. Cruise Critic has a conflicting report on the change of ports:

Update! Carnival

Carnival has just released the following updates:

Carnival Legend, August 26 departure from Tampa. The ship will visit Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Progreso. The original itinerary was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.

Carnival Glory, August 25 departure from Port Canaveral. The ship will visit Key West, Cozumel, Progreso and Nassau instead of Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau as first scheduled.

Carnival Fantasy, August 25 departure from New Orleans. The ship will visit Progreso and Cozumel (instead of Costa Maya) and Cozumel.

Located in the Hurricane section.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2167

This is from our "roll call", just posted. Thought I would pass it along.Today, 01:13 PM

image.php?u=193654&dateline=1183350859bguppies user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_11346848", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Just got off the phone with our PVP and he said that ONLY this week's Glory cruise is skipping Belize.

It was merely a precaution, as there was minor damage there and until they could evaluate the situation, they were having ships scheduled there the early part of the week, diverted.

He said he was pretty certain that our cruise in 2 weeks would more than likely be stopping in Belize.

He also said that the port being substituted for Costa Maya would be either Key West, Progresso, or possibly Roatan, depending on which port Carnival can get space in on the day they need. (or whether they could shift to different days for Cozumel or Belize, to get into one of those ports on an available day. I would hate to have to change our Nachi Cocum beach day.)

So at least I only have some minor research for Progresso and Roatan.

(already researched Key West for our next cruise)

Also he said that this week's Glory cruise is now scheduled to arrive in Cozumel 2 hours earlier than before... (7AM-5PM, instead of 9-5)

I would be VERY cool with that.

Bill

Ok, I'm totally confused. I see someone confirmed the change in itinerary for the 8/26 Legend so I'll assume that's correct.....does anyone have any idea why they would so drastically change the itinerary for this ship? Key West and Ocho Rios? Why not use the other ports in/around Mexico instead? Would it just be because the ports aren't available or is there some other reason I'm not aware of?

Strange. Cruise Critic has a conflicting report on the change of ports:

Update! Carnival

Carnival has just released the following updates:

Carnival Legend, August 26 departure from Tampa. The ship will visit Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Progreso. The original itinerary was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.

Carnival Glory, August 25 departure from Port Canaveral. The ship will visit Key West, Cozumel, Progreso and Nassau instead of Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau as first scheduled.

Carnival Fantasy, August 25 departure from New Orleans. The ship will visit Progreso and Cozumel (instead of Costa Maya) and Cozumel.

Located in the Hurricane section.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2167

I just received an e-mail from Carnival regarding my cruise on the Legend leaving on August 26th. The new itinerary is Key West, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel!!

That's a bit obnoxious, but knock yourself out.

Not half as obnoxious as the person who told me that Key West was not a good place for children, because "people are holding hands there that shouldn't be holding hands."

:rolleyes: :mad:

Archived