1A Gty with porthole?

Sansouci

Not every cruise line has this category. But, it would help if you mentioned what line. As I said in an earlier post, no one can tell you what cabin to book. It's a very personal decision based on your personal circumstances. Some cannot cruise without a balcony and some can only afford an inside cabin. This is one decision you really need to make on your own, based on your needs, desires and pocketbook. No matter what you decide, it will be the best decision for you. Good Luck !!!

Not every cruise line has this category. But, it would help if you mentioned what line. As I said in an earlier post, no one can tell you what cabin to book. It's a very personal decision based on your personal circumstances. Some cannot cruise without a balcony and some can only afford an inside cabin. This is one decision you really need to make on your own, based on your needs, desires and pocketbook. No matter what you decide, it will be the best decision for you. Good Luck !!!

Thanks, Darcie, for your great advice. By "best bet" I guess I was really looking for the best *deal* for solos. But you are so right about needs, desires and pocketbook influencing every cruiser's cabin choice decision! Sometimes (such as on my upcoming 2 wk. cruise to So. America) I really want to do it up with the best cabin I can afford, due to the itinerary, scenery or other factors. But at other times, I'm just looking for a cheap getaway, such as my cruise this summer on Carnival Liberty.

--Deb in Orlando :)

I am going on the Liberty in just 71 days. I booked a 1A cabin with a picture window for much less than I could have gotten a 4a cabin as a solo cruiser. One thing about the 1 a's though is they are not all equal if seems. Not all of them have windows or portholes so if natural daylight is important you might want to choose your cabin. It was the same price when I booked for a selected cabin or a guarantee.

I am going on the Liberty in just 71 days. I booked a 1A cabin with a picture window for much less than I could have gotten a 4a cabin as a solo cruiser. One thing about the 1 a's though is they are not all equal if seems. Not all of them have windows or portholes so if natural daylight is important you might want to choose your cabin. It was the same price when I booked for a selected cabin or a guarantee.

Enjoy your cruise on the Liberty. Now that I know about this category, I suspect that I must've booked a IA guarantee when I went in July because I asked for the cheapest inside cabin (through ******). I am a bit claustrophobic and was not sure how I'd fare in a tight cabin without natural daylight. Though the decor of the public areas on the Liberty are too gaudy for my taste, much to my surprise, my cabin on deck 8 was beautifully appointed -- like a luxury hotel room -- with large colorful works of art and beds pushed together to make a queen. The lighting was so well done that I never even missed not having a window. On this ship at least, I'd do this booking again in a hearbeat!

Archived