Question about cigarettes on Crown

JuniorCruiser

Can anyone tell me if you purchase cigarettes on the Crown if you can bring them back to your cabin or do they hold them until the end of your cruise ?

Also do they sell newport and marlboro and how much for a carton ?

Leaving on Tues. so any replies would really be appreciated :D

Thank You In Advance ;)

~~Debbie~~

They are delivered the last evening of the cruise, you are not allowed to take them back to your cabin when they are purchased. To purchase for onboard use, they must be purchased from one of the bars by the pack only. Not sure of the price, sorry.

Can anyone tell me if you purchase cigarettes on the Crown if you can bring them back to your cabin or do they hold them until the end of your cruise ?

Thank You In Advance ;)

~~Debbie~~

Why not use the cruise as an opportunity to quit smoking? You'll never have more distractions. And after a year of not buying cigs, you'll pay for another one :D

Thank You In Advance ;)

~~Debbie~~

They do not sell Newport's on the ship but Salem instead and yes they sell Marlboro.

Vicki

I have never been on a cruise where they did not allow you to take your cartons of cigarettes with you. I have never had them held until the last night of the cruise. Are you guys sure that Princess does this?

Vicki

Why not use the cruise as an opportunity to quit smoking? You'll never have more distractions. And after a year of not buying cigs, you'll pay for another one :D

tequilasunrise, why do you always have to flame people on the smoking post? I know you are part of the non-smoking brigade but a question was asked about buying cigarettes and not asking for your snide comments. Why do you like to come in here and stir up trouble? You need to go back and find a thread where you and all the smoking nannies can bash smokers.

I have never been on a cruise where they did not allow you to take your cartons of cigarettes with you. I have never had them held until the last night of the cruise. Are you guys sure that Princess does this?

Vicki

Yes, Absolutely positive!

Thank You Everybody for your quick replies. Having never sailed Princess(1st Time :D) i'm glad i asked the question. I have never had this experience before with any other lines so far with holding cigarettes until the end of the cruise :confused: No Big Deal ......

We will just buy some at home and then pick some up in Grand Turk.

Thank You Again......

~~Debbie~~

Debbie: Keep in mind that you're still probably better off buying them at the bars on board, since I'm guessing you'll pay $50+ per carton at home, while paying $3+ per pack on board.

Yes i guess your right. Why spend extra money if ya don't have to. I mean i could buy some drinks with the money i will save ;) LOL

~~Debbie~~

I was just on the Crown and found the best place to stock up on cartons was in San Juan. Right on the peir you have to walk through a huge building. Upstairs is a liquor store. In there they were selling cartons of Marlboro in a 5 carton bundle for $80.00. That made each carton $16. We couldn't believe it! We bought 2 of theose bundles.

Michele

tequilasunrise, why do you always have to flame people on the smoking post? I know you are part of the non-smoking brigade but a question was asked about buying cigarettes and not asking for your snide comments. Why do you like to come in here and stir up trouble? You need to go back and find a thread where you and all the smoking nannies can bash smokers.

Remember Spongerob's post earlier this week?

Tequilasunrise's answer is a perfect example of what Spongerob was

refering too.

Don't answer the question -- Flame.

Thank You In Advance ;)

~~Debbie~~

Debbie, forget about buying them on the ship. We just left St. Thomas where a carton of just about anything was $18.95 duty free. I did notice, thought, that Newports were $24.95. Don't understand that one. We bought ours in a liquor shop right at the Crown Bay pier. They put them all into a nice big box. We got right back on the ship and no one said a word, or took them from us so they're in our cabin with us. Grand Turk had cigs for about the same, Puerto Rico slightly higher. You're allowed 5 cartons per person from St. Thomas duty free.

Enjoy your cruise. We're having a blast!!

Shamrock: Were the cigs in St. Thomas the same as what we get here in the States? I've had experience buying in Mexico where I swear they were different. On another thread someone told me I'm not crazy, that they have a different "quality" stamp I believe??

Shamrock: Were the cigs in St. Thomas the same as what we get here in the States? I've had experience buying in Mexico where I swear they were different. On another thread someone told me I'm not crazy, that they have a different "quality" stamp I believe??

They appear to be the same. It is the same looking cartons as those we purchase in the states. I haven't smoked one yet, but I guess I'll find out soon.

The cigs on the ship look the same with the exception of the Marlboros. They're not in a regular carton, they're in a fat box shaped liked a cigarette pack. They don't have Salem or Newport on board-- only Marlboro and some other less popular brands.

WOW .....and I thought were sticking it to the smokers in CA at $30-40+ :eek:

My DW is a casual smoker, and is steamed by the $58/carton prices up here in Connecticut.

She's been stocking up when she visits family in Alabama, where the going rate is $26-$27/carton. I've already been warned, however, that we'll be visiting a duty free store next week based on comments in this thread.

Boy... sure didn't sound like a flame to me... sounds like tequila was just concerned about the OPs health... and that of others on the cruise :D

My DW is a casual smoker, and is steamed by the $58/carton prices up here in Connecticut.

She's been stocking up when she visits family in Alabama, where the going rate is $26-$27/carton. I've already been warned, however, that we'll be visiting a duty free store next week based on comments in this thread.

Double WOW for Connecticut. That has to be a lot of taxes.

My wife and I both quit in Jan 2000. I went down to the credit union and started putting into a seperate account what we were spending on cigarettes. We have taken six cruises on what we have saved in that account. ;)

Just some encouragement for anyone who wants it...... and something to think about. :)

Found this on another cigarette thread...Just an fyi....(when I asked if the cigarettes are different)

Real Deal, no not your imagination. When buying cigs on the various Islands, make sure you look at the carton or package and it has to say

Class A cigarettes. Some Islands import the lesser quality cigarettes which do, in my opinion, taste different.:)

I always bring my own carton. I do know that you can buy a pack of cigarettes at some of the bars, not sure what kind they have tho.

If you are stopping in St. Maartin, cigarettes are about $10-13 per carton.:cool: - just check the wording.

The other Carnival owned lines permit it. Doesn't make sense but lots of Princess policies don't. Marlboros are about $16.95 carton but not all sizes and formulas. Best to buy on STT or STM and bring back to the ship. You should make sure that carton and cigs are marked CLASS A.

Archived