Check this out..passport info.

Texaslandshark

Sent for passport renewal last month (july). Just for fun I checked the gov. site on its status. They said it was done and in the mail. Here's the fun part....they said it should arrive on or about Sept. 30th.!!!! I mean even I have more faith in the US Postal Service than this. If they're wrong and meant Aug. I'm still worried....what else is wrong??? Yikes.

Sent for passport renewal last month (july). Just for fun I checked the gov. site on its status. They said it was done and in the mail. Here's the fun part....they said it should arrive on or about Sept. 30th.!!!! I mean even I have more faith in the US Postal Service than this. If they're wrong and meant Aug. I'm still worried....what else is wrong??? Yikes.

We applied for our Sons May 7th.,... it is STILL PROCESSING !!!

I think they sent it bulk rate... either that or by carrier mouse...

Wow... that's SLOW!

Texaslandshark - we got the same message Tuesday and received our passports Wednesday. We got them 5

weeks and 3 days after applying - and they weren't expedited. These weren't renewals either. We were very surprised to get them so soon, because we don't go until October 21st. I think they just cover themselves with a little "lee-way".

I applied on June 29th and got mine in more than a week ago, I think! It was shocking how quickly they sent it back. And no, I hadn't expedited it or anything. And they sent it back Priority Mail, too! I was very satisfied with the experience. It wasn't a renewal because the last one I had was issued a while back...They are so different now! It's kind of neat!

I applied about 2 weeks ago and the counter person at the postal processing center here in NYC told me 13 weeks for a new passport, which is fine for me because everywhere I'm going before New Years doesn't require a passport (God bless Canada ...). I was surprised that the counter person didn't "blow smoke" about the wait. She gave me the 800 number as well and told me to not even bother trying until a month in.

Hey MachMan, any idea why your posts mess up my computer when my cursor is on your posts? (cursor freezes up, and is super sluggish, and I have to use the arrow keys). Your posts are the only ones that affect it.

Anybody else have this problem??:confused:

Looks like things may be speeding up? I applied July 6 and recieved confirmation that mine is complete and is being mailed priority. Mustn't have gone through Portsmouth, NH, which is 10 minutes away!

Looks like things may be speeding up? I applied July 6 and recieved confirmation that mine is complete and is being mailed priority. Mustn't have gone through Portsmouth, NH, which is 10 minutes away!

We applied first week in May......and this was only a renewal !!!

We applied July 5th. Last night, I received an email (ended up in my junk mail!!! which I actually checked for once before deleting everything!!!!!) that they were processed and we would receive them by August 28th.

My daughter went to the post office box this afternoon and there were both passports AND our birth certificates. Processed out of Boston.

My Mom applied on July 16th, I'll see how long it takes for hers to come in.

We applied for passport for our daughters on July 27, and today we got an e-mail that said they are done processing and it has been mailed. So that was just under a month, pretty good even under normal circumstances and excellent considering the current rush to get passports. And we did NOT pay for expedited service.

Like the original poster, the e-mail said it been mailed and we'll get it by some ridiculous time in the future, October 7 in our case. I expect we'll actually get it within the next couple of days if they really mailed it as they said, but even if it didn't arrive until October that wouldn't be a problem. We aren't cruising until winter.

Some of the other posters said they got a quick return on their children's passports too. I'm wondering if passports for minors require less investigation so they are processed more quickly.

Even a HP owl would have gotten them to you a lot faster than that :eek:

Well guess what? I got the darn thing yesterday! I think it's been 4 weeks. They did not send the old one back..I don't care. They did include a little wallet card with your passport# etc.. Wife's is "still processing". Her's was over 15yrs and needed full processing. All I know is our post office sent the pp to Philadelphia...I think.

I applied for my passport on June 8th and have not received it yet for our September 23rd sailing. I received an email three weeks ago stating that they were being processed but haven't heard anything since. I am getting a little nervous and will call if I don't get it this week.

I've been wondering about this.

Hubby's and my passports don't expire for another 3 years, but I hate the idea of being without it for very long.

I've always been of the mind that just in case someone should say to me, "Hey, want to come along with me to Europe -- my treat!" I can say "Yes!"

So...what would you say the longest wait should be for just a renewal? 3 months?

Edited to add: So far no one has ever actually OFFERED to take me to Europe on the spur of the moment. But, just think how awful you'd feel if it DID happen and you had to decline!!???!!

Archived