Just a little question

mountaingurl

Is there a beach in progresso that is pretty and has clear blue water? Thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me with this question:)

Yes and no. There is a long beach right in town but the water in this area isn't clear or blue. It is murky and green. This is the Gulf of Mexico. You need to get into the Caribbean to get the clear blue stuff.

Thanks for your reply. If we do go to this port, I guess we will find something to do other than the each.

We have been to Progreso 3 times and have not swam in the ocean yet. Laid on the beach and vegged out once. Went to the Dzibalchaltun Ruins. That was pretty neat. My fav, though was Reef Yucatan Resort. They bus you to this nice resort that has all kinds of stuff for kids. Has a nice beach, volley ball net, huge gorgeous pool and an open bar. Plus, you can go to a small mayan ruin (Xcambo) and a flamingo sanctuary for the the same price. I think that it was $30. They will tell you about it on the shuttlebus that takes you to town, and you can sign up at the bus dropoff.

....My fav, though was Reef Yucatan Resort. They bus you to this nice resort that has all kinds of stuff for kids. Has a nice beach, volley ball net, huge gorgeous pool and an open bar. Plus, you can go to a small mayan ruin (Xcambo) and a flamingo sanctuary for the the same price. I think that it was $30. They will tell you about it on the shuttlebus that takes you to town, and you can sign up at the bus dropoff.
Can you tell me more about this? This sounds like an independent tour - which I love.

Can you tell me more about this? This sounds like an independent tour - which I love.

I believe that the company is AutoProgreso. You will get all of the info on your way to the bus stop. This is a really nice place. If I wasn't so computer challenged, I would post some pix. I've got some nice ones, just too dumb to post.

Archived