Which Cruise line......

Pepper23

and which ship does the best Mexican Riviera cruise over 8 - 10 days?

Second question, when is the best time of year to cruise the Mexican Riviera?

Appreciate any input CCs are able to give.

February through May are probably the better months. Others will say November. As to which cruise line, well you may end up with some biased opinions and some legit opinions. It depends which ports you want to visit. There is a 10 day that HAL has that I am interested in. It visits ports that no other cruise line visits.

Agree with dforeigner about the biased opinions you are likely to receive. "Best" is a relative term and only you can determine the "best" cruise for you.

NCL Star does a 8 day Mexican Riveria cruising from LA. We like NCL's freestyle, but not everyone does.

Time frame: mid to late Oct to mid November or March to May are the best months weather wise. We are doing the late Sept one, it will still be a little warm Dec and Jan can be cool the first couple of days and last couple as Calif isn't that warm off the coast during mid winter. Summers: really warm.

If I were advising a clinet which ship to sail, I would say, depending on what your life style is: HAL or NCL. HAL has a 10 day sailing while NCL has the 8 day. Both will offer more ports than the typical 7 day and sail nice ships.

Nita

I was told by a NCL rep that this next season will be the last for the 8 day MR trip. They will be getting rid of Acapulco and Zihuatenajo and adding Mazatlan to PV and Cabo. This will chg it to a std 7 day trip so they always leave and return on the same day.

How could you go wrong with your New Year's cruise...wintertime is the high season in Mexico...people flock there at that time. You picked the right time...the weather is great so don't give it another thought. I'd like to be going then!

Archived