Alternative Port for Costa Maya

barvn

There will not just be one alternative port... they have to find ports for all the ships... They have announced changes for the upcoming cruises, but permanent changes will be announced as soon as they are made. There are many threads going on this, so just keep an eye on Carnivals site and here... as soon as any announcement is made, you will see it here.

There will not just be one alternative port... they have to find ports for all the ships... They have announced changes for the upcoming cruises, but permanent changes will be announced as soon as they are made. There are many threads going on this, so just keep an eye on Carnivals site and here... as soon as any announcement is made, you will see it here.

Thanks, I started reading them after I posted. I did not see any mention of the Victory though.

Thanks, I started reading them after I posted. I did not see any mention of the Victory though.

Give it a week or so and the permanant replacement ports will be announced.

You will have plenty of time to research your new port before your cruise.

I can only imagine how impatient you must be being so close. :D

Give it a week or so and the permanant replacement ports will be announced.

You will have plenty of time to research your new port before your cruise.

I can only imagine how impatient you must be being so close. :D

I know that I have time (since I am going in November), but I was more concerned for the itinerary because I have private excursions booked at the other 2 ports and I am worried because Costa Maya was the first port. Since it will be changed I am sure it is possible that the times of arrival at the other ports may be off.

I know that I have time (since I am going in November), but I was more concerned for the itinerary because I have private excursions booked at the other 2 ports and I am worried because Costa Maya was the first port. Since it will be changed I am sure it is possible that the times of arrival at the other ports may be off.

The Glory's itinerary is now changed until mid December

Costa Maya and belize have been substitued with Key West and Progresso and Cozumel has been moved back a day in the itinerary to the Tuesday that was Belize.

Key West city's official website has added the Glory to their cruise ship dock schedule every other Sunday..until December 16th...

So apparently Carnival has contracted for the dock space until then....

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

I need to change my Cozumel reservations for two weeks from Monday.

Bill

Costa Maya and belize have been substitued with Key West and Progresso and Cozumel has been moved back a day in the itinerary to the Tuesday that was Belize.

Key West city's official website has added the Glory to their cruise ship dock schedule every other Sunday..until December 16th...

Bill

I am also wondering about the port change. I am on the Legend the end of Oct begining of Nov and our last port was Costa Maya. I also have private excursions planned at the other ports & am concerned I may have to chans them because of the change with Costa Maya. I checked the Key West link posted above and the Legend is not scheduled in. I wonder where we are going? Ocho Rios??, Progresso?? Anyone ?? Thanks LU

I am also wondering about the port change. I am on the Legend the end of Oct begining of Nov and our last port was Costa Maya. I also have private excursions planned at the other ports & am concerned I may have to chans them because of the change with Costa Maya. I checked the Key West link posted above and the Legend is not scheduled in. I wonder where we are going? Ocho Rios??, Progresso?? Anyone ?? Thanks LU

Probably depends on where she originates from.

Since the Glory is from Port Canaveral, Key West forces the change to Cozumel's day and the dropping of Belize.

If you sail from FLL or Mia or out of the Gulf, they would probably not add Key West, but Progresso, Roatan, or maybe Jamaica.

Bill

Bill

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find this information. I ask for personal, as well as professional reasons. We are on the Legend on 9/30 and I would like to try and find out where we are going and when.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find this information. I ask for personal, as well as professional reasons. We are on the Legend on 9/30 and I would like to try and find out where we are going and when.

Hey Bev,

This is Sue from over on the Legend 9/2/07 Thread. We haven't heard anything about where our cruise is taking us a week from tomorrow. This is an email I received last night from TA:

To all cruisers,

Carnival Cruise Line made a decision today, Friday, for changes made to the cruise leaving out this Sunday. They have made no changes to your cruise as of today. They informed me they will decide Monday or Tuesday of next week for your cruise and will call me with those changes so I may inform you. I was told that when and if, any changes are made, senior management will also inform me of the cancellation decisions for all travelers.

I will let you know as soon as I am informed.

I was just about to book with my Travel agent when she told me that some of the cruises are changing from Costa Maya to Cozumel. We were in Cozumel and Costa Maya back in January and we fell in love with Costa Maya and was fairly disappointed with Cozumel. I'm holding off on Book Victory May 4th 2008 and thinking about booking Liberty for May 4th. I'm doing it as a surprise for my boyfriend who is finishingn school in April so I have a little bit of time. I would be disappointed if I missed out on Costa Maya if the port is rebuilt by then. I wonder what the actual port looks like ( that little pool area was so beautiful!) If anyone has any pictures of it, I'm assuming you can't get there, I'd love to (well actually hate to) see them. Hopefully it'll get rebuilt soon, it is the most wonderful port we've been to!

Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas 2004

Carnival - Glory 2007

Somebody in our roll call (2 weeks out) had gotten an e-mail from their PVP that stated that the Glory's itinerary had changed to the new one until mid-December.

My PVP had not gotten that e-mail yet, but said it sounded right and would investigate and call or e-mail me.

Then, while researching Key West, just in case, I stumbled on the official city of Key West website, which had a cruise calendar, which exactly confirmed what the other poster's PVP had stated.

Bill

Archived